Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting Files from list and jumbles them Post 302974233 by Scott on Thursday 26th of May 2016 04:45:47 PM
Old 05-26-2016
Thanks everyone for your efforts, but I'm not remotely convinced that "it is not part of homework but is a process carried out by the local school teachers on a daily basis", so the thread is closed.
This User Gave Thanks to Scott For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

counting a list of string in a list of txt files

Hi there! I have 150 txt files named chunk1, chunk2, ........., chunk150. I have a second file called string.txt with more than 1000 unique strings, house, dog, cat ... I want to know which command I should use to count how many times each string appears in the 150 files. I have tried... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pep Puigvert
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need a script to find socials in files and output a list of those files

I am trying to find socail security numbers in files in (and under) a specific directory and output a list of the files where they are found... the format would be with no dashes just 9 numeric characters in a row. I have tried this: find /DirToLookIn -exec grep '\{9\}' /dev/null {} \; >>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files and display only directory list containing those files

I have a directory (and many sub dirs beneath) on AIX system, containing thousands of file. I'm looking to get a list of all directory containing "*.pdf" file. I know basic syntax of find command, but it gives me list of all pdf files, which numbers in thousands. All I need to know is, which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: r7p
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find list of files from a list and copy to a directory

I will be very grateful if someone can help me with bash shell script that does the following: I have a list of filenames: A01_155716 A05_155780 A07_155812 A09_155844 A11_155876 that are kept in different sub directories within my current directory. I want to find these files and copy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishabh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files only when a certain number of files match

Hi, I have many files named CCR20110720011001.CTRD CCR20110720011501.CTRD CCR20110720012001.CTRD CCR20110720012501.CTRD CCR20110720021001.CTRD ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadyfright
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take a list if strings from a file and search them in a list of files and report them

I have a file 1.txt with the below contents. -----cat 1.txt----- 1234 5678 1256 1234 1247 ------------------- I have 3 more files in a folder -----ls -lrt------- A1.txt A2.txt A3.txt ------------------- The contents of those three files are similar format with different data values... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: realspirituals
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list files with no extension together with *.prog files?

Hi, I know that to list files with no extension, we can use.. ls -1 | grep -v "\." And to list .prog files, we can use.. ls -1 *.prog or ls -1 | grep '.prog$' (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adshocker
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy list of files from a keyword list to another directory

Hello, I have a folder with a massive amount of files, and I want to copy out a specific subset of the files to a new directory. I would like to use a text file with the filenames listed, but can't get it to work. The thing I'm hung up on is that the folder names in the path can and do have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: twjolson
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List all the files in the present path and Folders and subfolders files also

Hi, I need a script/command to list out all the files in current path and also the files in folder and subfolders. Ex: My files are like below $ ls -lrt total 8 -rw-r--r-- 1 abc users 419 May 25 10:27 abcd.xml drwxr-xr-x 3 abc users 4096 May 25 10:28 TEST $ Under TEST, there are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: divya bandipotu
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Comparing two files and list the difference with common first line content of both files

I have two file as given below which shows the ACL permissions of each file. I need to compare the source file with target file and list down the difference as specified below in required output. Can someone help me on this ? Source File ************* # file: /local/test_1 # owner: own #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
4 Replies
PERLIRIX(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					       PERLIRIX(1)

NAME
perlirix - Perl version 5 on Irix systems DESCRIPTION
This document describes various features of Irix that will affect how Perl version 5 (hereafter just Perl) is compiled and/or runs. Building 32-bit Perl in Irix Use sh Configure -Dcc='cc -n32' to compile Perl 32-bit. Don't bother with -n32 unless you have 7.1 or later compilers (use cc -version to check). (Building 'cc -n32' is the default.) Building 64-bit Perl in Irix Use sh Configure -Dcc='cc -64' -Duse64bitint This requires require a 64-bit MIPS CPU (R8000, R10000, ...) You can also use sh Configure -Dcc='cc -64' -Duse64bitall but that makes no difference compared with the -Duse64bitint because of the "cc -64". You can also do sh Configure -Dcc='cc -n32' -Duse64bitint to use long longs for the 64-bit integer type, in case you don't have a 64-bit CPU. If you are using gcc, just sh Configure -Dcc=gcc -Duse64bitint should be enough, the Configure should automatically probe for the correct 64-bit settings. About Compiler Versions of Irix Some Irix cc versions, e.g. 7.3.1.1m (try cc -version) have been known to have issues (coredumps) when compiling perl.c. If you've used -OPT:fast_io=ON and this happens, try removing it. If that fails, or you didn't use that, then try adjusting other optimization options (-LNO, -INLINE, -O3 to -O2, etcetera). The compiler bug has been reported to SGI. (Allen Smith <easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu>) Linker Problems in Irix If you get complaints about so_locations then search in the file hints/irix_6.sh for "lddflags" and do the suggested adjustments. (David Billinghurst <David.Billinghurst@riotinto.com.au>) Malloc in Irix Do not try to use Perl's malloc, this will lead into very mysterious errors (especially with -Duse64bitall). Building with threads in Irix Run Configure with -Duseithreads which will configure Perl with the Perl 5.8.0 "interpreter threads", see threads. For Irix 6.2 with perl threads, you have to have the following patches installed: 1404 Irix 6.2 Posix 1003.1b man pages 1645 Irix 6.2 & 6.3 POSIX header file updates 2000 Irix 6.2 Posix 1003.1b support modules 2254 Pthread library fixes 2401 6.2 all platform kernel rollup IMPORTANT: Without patch 2401, a kernel bug in Irix 6.2 will cause your machine to panic and crash when running threaded perl. Irix 6.3 and later are okay. Thanks to Hannu Napari <Hannu.Napari@hut.fi> for the IRIX pthreads patches information. Irix 5.3 While running Configure and when building, you are likely to get quite a few of these warnings: ld: The shared object /usr/lib/libm.so did not resolve any symbols. You may want to remove it from your link line. Ignore them: in IRIX 5.3 there is no way to quieten ld about this. During compilation you will see this warning from toke.c: uopt: Warning: Perl_yylex: this procedure not optimized because it exceeds size threshold; to optimize this procedure, use -Olimit option with value >= 4252. Ignore the warning. In IRIX 5.3 and with Perl 5.8.1 (Perl 5.8.0 didn't compile in IRIX 5.3) the following failures are known. Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail Failed List of Failed -------------------------------------------------------------------------- ../ext/List/Util/t/shuffle.t 0 139 ?? ?? % ?? ../lib/Math/Trig.t 255 65280 29 12 41.38% 24-29 ../lib/sort.t 0 138 119 72 60.50% 48-119 56 tests and 474 subtests skipped. Failed 3/811 test scripts, 99.63% okay. 78/75813 subtests failed, 99.90% okay. They are suspected to be compiler errors (at least the shuffle.t failure is known from some IRIX 6 setups) and math library errors (the Trig.t failure), but since IRIX 5 is long since end-of-lifed, further fixes for the IRIX are unlikely. If you can get gcc for 5.3, you could try that, too, since gcc in IRIX 6 is a known workaround for at least the shuffle.t and sort.t failures. AUTHOR
Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@iki.fi> Please report any errors, updates, or suggestions to perlbug@perl.org. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 PERLIRIX(1)