Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get front and back parameter of each characters? Post 302974160 by RudiC on Thursday 26th of May 2016 03:01:29 AM
Old 05-26-2016
How about

Code:
awk '
        {L = length * 2
         M = int (L / 4)
         X = sprintf ("%*sY%*s", M, "", M, "")
         gsub (/ /, "#", X)
         sub  (/Y/, $1, X)
         gsub (/./, "& ", X)
         for (i=1; i<=L; i+=2) print substr (X, i, L-1)
        }
' file

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass parameter back to calling program

Hi all, I am running AIX version 4. I have a shell script that is calling another script. I want the called script to obtain a value and pass it back to the calling script. So far, I know that to pass a parameter to a called script is as such: sh proc2.sh $1 $2 etc. What I don't know how... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jthomas
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting %## back to special characters from an HTML form

I have an HTML form that sends email to a large list of users one at a time by matching an email address in peoplesoft to their username. It works great, except that special characters are converted to %## format. Is there a library of these I can use to sed them back (yes this is a crappy UNIX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do I make dynamic parameter names? Or get the value of a parameter evaluated twi

Say I write something like the following: var1=1 var2=2 for int in 1 2 do echo "\$var$int" done I want the output to be: 1 2 Instead I get something like: $var1 $var2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awanka
2 Replies

4. AIX

back to back printing in UNIX

Hi , Can you suggest me how to back to back printing in UNIX? Is there any way? Kindly advise. Regards Vijaya Amirtha Raj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Back-to-Back Connection using HBAs

Hi every body, Is it possible to connect two servers Back-to-Back (Point-to-Point) using HBA adapters & using Fiber. Note it is direct connection & there is no switches between the servers. I'm concern about using HBA adapters, it is possible or not. Thanks in advance. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command that takes one parameter and then searches for the passed in parameter

Hi I am looking for a unix command or a small shell script which can takes one parameter and then searches for the passed in the parameter in any or all files under say /home/dev/ Can anyone please help me on this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankaj80
3 Replies

7. AIX

special characters in front of xml declaration

Hi I read xml files through mq and placed them on unix by using datastage as tool. I can see some special characters infront of declaration part for every xml file i have produced. below is the sample snippet when i opened the file by suing vi editor ^Z^E|^A^Z^Z<?xml version="1.0"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter to script, and split the parameter

i am passing input parameter 'one_two' to the script , the script output should display the result as below one_1two one_2two one_3two if then echo " Usage : <$0> <DATABASE> " exit 0 else for DB in 1 2 3 do DBname=`$DATABASE | awk -F "_" '{print $1_${DB}_$2}` done fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special characters in parameter

Hello, I'm trying to write a simple (korn) shell script which is called from the command line with some parameters. But one of the parameter contains a "!" sign. For example: myscript.ksh foo bar foo!bar When I call the script like above I always get an error. So I tried to wrap the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlinhst123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

A test command parameter is not valid, when special characters are tried to match

Hi I have a scenario where hyphen(-) from file should be ignored I used the following code if && ; then if ; then pow=$LINE echo $pow > history.txt flag=1 fi fi I get the following output ./valid.sh: -: 0403-012 A test... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
7 Replies
SFDDIFF(1)						      General Commands Manual							SFDDIFF(1)

NAME
sfddiff - compare two font files SYNOPSIS
sfddiff [--help] [--ignorehints] [--ignorenames] [--ignoregpos] [--ignoregsub] [--ignorebitmaps] [--exact] [--warn] [--merge outfile] [--usage] [--version] fontfile1 fontfile2 DESCRIPTION
The program sfddiff compares two font files, which may be in any format fontforge(1) can read. It will notice the following differences: 1) Characters are present in one font but not in the other. 2) Characters are present in both fonts but have different sets of outlines or references. The outlines may be compared so that only exact matches are accepted, or so that a fuzzier match is used. Similarly references may need to match exactly, or may be matched after an unlink. This fuzzy comparison is useful when comparing truetype and postscript fonts, or when comparing a font with references to one with- out. 3) The postscript hints or truetype instructions are different. 4) The font names (the truetype `name' table) differ. 5) The kerning (and other `gpos' information) differs. 6) The ligatures (and other `gsub' information) differ. 7) Any bitmap strikes present in one font but not in the other. 8) Any bitmap characters present in one strike of one font but in the equivalent strike of the other. 9) Any bitmap characters which differ. OPTIONS
--help Provide a description with a list of the available options. --ignorehints Suppress the reporting of hint/instruction differences. --ignoregpos Suppress the reporting of kerning (and other `gpos') differences. --ignoregsub Suppress the reporting of ligature (and other `gsub') differences. --ignorenames Suppress the reporting of name string differences. --ignorebitmaps Suppress the reporting of bitmap differences. --exact Require outlines to match exactly. --warn Warn if the outlines/references are slightly different. --merge outfile Store a merged version of the two fonts into the specified output file. The merged data will be based on sfdfile1, as well as any characters present in sfdfile2 but not in sfdfile1 will be added, and the outlines of sfdfile2 will be placed in the background. Finally, for any characters with different outlines or references the background of the character will contain the outlines from sfdfile2 (references will be unlinked into outlines and those outlines also will be added). --usage Display the usage description. --version Display the current version. SEE ALSO
fontforge(1) The HTML version of the fontforge manual at: http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/ AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2000-2006 by George Williams (gww@silcom.com). Manual page heavily rewritten and modified to use standard -man(5) macros by R.P.C. Rodgers (rodgers@nlm.nih.gov), 23 October 2002. 8 April 2006 SFDDIFF(1)