Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help: Counting values less than a number Post 302974093 by Alexandryne on Wednesday 25th of May 2016 02:15:35 PM
Old 05-25-2016
Unfortunately I get the error "while: Expression Syntax." when I try to run that...?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

counting the number of lines

Hello, I have afile which begins with a few urls on multiple lines and then there is listing of some information on separate lines. The listing begins with the word Name on a given line followed by teh actual list. I want to count the number of lines in this file after the line having... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nayeemmz
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Counting number of occurences

Hi All, I have to count the number of occurences of the character " ; " in a given line. I had used the following awk command to achieve the same echo $KOP.dat|awk '{split($1,my,";"); for(i in my)c++ }END{print c-1}' My file KOP.dat had the following data ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingofprussia
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting the number of lines - again

Hi all, I use bash shell and I have a problem with wc. I would like to determine the number of lines in a file so I do wc -l filename but I don't want to get the filename again I just would like to have the number of lines and use it in a variable. Can anybody help? Thank you, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting the number of occurences

say i've got a text file with >10million sequences: ssss ssss tttttt uuuuuu uuuuuu uuuuuu ... I'd like to convert the file so that the output will report the number of occurence right by each sequence: 2 ssss 2 ssss 1 tttttt 3 uuuuuu 3 uuuuuu 3 uuuuuu .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johjoh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting number of commas(,) in a variable

Hi all, I am having problems counting commas (,) from a variable in shell scripting.. the variable contains similiar to: ID@NAME@DESCRIPTION,ID@NAME@DESCRIPTION, ..... It can go on and on.. So i need to count the number of sets i.e.( ID@NAME@DESCRIPTION is one set) and process the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: faelric
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting number of sentence

Hi all I want to count total numbers of sentences separated by fullstop (.) in different files under a directory at one go. Any help is appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting number of pattern occurrences

Hi All, Is it possible to count number of occurrences of a pattern in a single record using awk?? for example: a line like this: abrsjdfhafa I want to count the number of a character occurrences. but still use the default RS, I don't want to set RS to single character. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghoda2_10
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting lines containing two column field values with awk

Hello everybody, I'm trying to count the number of consecutive lines in a text file which have two distinctive column field values. These lines may appear in several line blocks within the file, but I only want a single block to be counted. This was my first approach to tackle the problem (I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: origamisven
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting the number of characters

Hi all, Can someone help me in getting the following o/p I/p:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sri3001
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Counting The Number of Lines Between Values with Multiple Variables

Hey everyone, I have a bunch of lines with values in field 4 that I am interested in. If these values are between 1 and 3 I want it to count all these values to all be counted together and then have the computer print out LOW and the number of lines with those values in between 1 and 3,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VagabondGold
2 Replies
MooseX::Declare::Syntax::InnerSyntaxHandling(3pm)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	 MooseX::Declare::Syntax::InnerSyntaxHandling(3pm)

NAME
MooseX::Declare::Syntax::InnerSyntaxHandling - Keywords inside blocks DESCRIPTION
This role allows you to setup keyword handlers that are only available inside blocks or other scoping environments. METHODS
default_inner ArrayRef[Object] Object->default_inner () Returns an empty "ArrayRef" by default. If you want to setup additional keywords you will have to "around" this method. setup_inner_for Object->setup_inner_for(ClassName $class, %args) Sets up all handlers in the inner class. REQUIRED METHODS
get_identifier Str get_identifier () Required to return the name of the identifier of the current handler. MODIFIED METHODS
setup_for Object->setup_for(ClassName $class, %args) After the keyword is setup inside itself, this will call "setup_inner_for". SEE ALSO
o MooseX::Declare o MooseX::Declare::Syntax::NamespaceHandling o MooseX::Declare::Syntax::MooseSetup AUTHOR
Florian Ragwitz <rafl@debian.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2008 by Florian Ragwitz. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-12-14 MooseX::Declare::Syntax::InnerSyntaxHandling(3pm)