Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating a ksh script to copy a folder Post 302973840 by lena07 on Monday 23rd of May 2016 01:34:34 AM
Old 05-23-2016
Creating a ksh script to copy a folder

Hi Folks,

I need help in creating a ksh script to copy a folder from one server to multiple other servers using ssh and sftp.

The thing is the folder name changes daily. So is there a way we could specify the folder name during the execution of script.?

I would appreciate a quicker help. Its sort of emergency!!

Thanks,
Lena

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Auto copy for files from folder to folder upon instant writing

Hello all, I'm trying to accomplish that if a file gets written to folder /path/to/a/ it gets automatically copied into /path/to/b/ the moment its get written. I thought of writing a shell script and cron it that every X amount of minutes it copies these files over but this will not help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all text files in folder and then copy to a new folder

Hi all, *I use Uwin and Cygwin emulator. I´m trying to search for all text files in the current folder (C/Files) and its sub folders using find -depth -name "*.txt" The above command worked for me, but now I would like to copy all found text files to a new folder (C/Files/Text) with ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file by creating folder structure in destination as in Souce

Hello, i am having a source directory which consist of multiple sub directories and my destination folder is a empty directory. if try to copy a file source->test->1.txt from source to destination test2 using the commaind. cp source/test/1.txt desti/ It will copy the 1.txt under desti... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tsaravanan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to unzip files from folder in shell script (ksh)?

I have a folder (C:\shellprg\input\) containing .CSV, .zip, .gz files. 1] I want to find all .zip/.gz files from folder (C:\shellprg\input\). 2] unzip/uncompress files into the same folder (C:\shellprg\input\) through shell script. I am using below commands for unzip files, unzip <filename>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute ksh simple shell script without creating .sh file

please help me to execute a simple shell script like for i in `ls echo $i done . i dont want to create a new sh file to execute it. Can i just type and execute it ? because I always this kind of simple for loops . Please help . Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sooraj_Linux
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create folder, copy file, and send email on success

I am very new to UNIX as well as scripting so please be gentle, haha. I have a Linux client which has a mount point mapped to my /etc folder on a NetApp FAS system. I woudl like to be able to copy the hosts and rc files once a week from the FAS to a different location for backup. When the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: minnino
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writitng a script to rename file name and copy to other folder

Hi All, My requirement is as follows: A file (say abc) will be having list of the .txt file names. I need to read this abc file line by line and rename the .txt file names inside it and move them to other folder/path. Eg: abc ------- file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt Output (should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavan.yadalla
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX ksh Copy Files Script

I need a UNIX ksh script that counts the number of files in directory, if the files exceed 20 files, then email results. I want the script to run every hour.. I don't have access to cron.. I'm some what new to UNIX. Windows guy all my career.. this is what I have so far.. #!/bin/ksh # count.sh ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PerlHaven2k
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script which will check the target file and folder exists and copy it

Hi All, I am a beginner in this and trying to write a shell script in linux which will : 1. Ask for a file name and check if its exists. 2. If file exists only then it will ask for the new target folder, after entering target folder name it will check if it exists. 3. If target folder... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashish_neekhra
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to copy files from on folder to another

I am trying to copy files with specific date and name to another folder. I am very new to shell scripting so i am finding it hard to do that. see the sample code i have written below. srcdir="/media/ubuntu/CA52057F5205720D/Users/st4r8_000/Desktop/office work/26 nov"... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aqeel Abbas
13 Replies
RMF(1)                                                               [nmh-1.5]                                                              RMF(1)

NAME
rmf - remove an nmh folder SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-interactive | -nointeractive] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Rmf removes all of the messages (files) within the specified (or default) folder, and then removes the folder (directory) itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not a part of nmh, they will not be removed, and an error will be produced. If the folder is given explicitly or the -nointeractive option is given, then the folder will be removed without confirmation. Otherwise, the user will be asked for confirmation. If rmf can't find the current folder, for some reason, the folder to be removed defaults to `+inbox' (unless overridden by user's profile entry "Inbox") with confirmation. If the folder being removed is a subfolder, the parent folder will become the new current folder, and rmf will produce a message telling the user this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. If rmf s used on a read-only folder, it will delete all the (private) sequences (i.e., "atr-seq-folder" entries) for this folder from your context without affecting the folder itself. Rmf irreversibly deletes messages that don't have other links, so use it with caution. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Inbox: To find the default inbox SEE ALSO
rmm(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder, usually with confirmation `-interactive' if +folder' not given, `-nointeractive' otherwise CONTEXT
Rmf will set the current folder to the parent folder if a subfolder is removed; or if the current folder is removed, it will make "inbox" current. Otherwise, it doesn't change the current folder or message. BUGS
Although intuitively one would suspect that rmf works recursively, it does not. Hence if you have a sub-folder within a folder, in order to rmf the parent, you must first rmf each of the children. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMF(1)