Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create a folder under different user directory Post 302973707 by bghosh on Friday 20th of May 2016 10:26:03 AM
Old 05-20-2016
Create a folder under different user directory

Hello All,

I have to write a shell script and use it in informatica. The script has to perform below actions:
  1. The script gets executed from edw user.
  2. Through the script, a DT folder has to be created under edw_sca user.

Is this scenario possible through a SHELL script or not.

Please help me with a dummy script.

Thanks
Biswajeet

Last edited by rbatte1; 05-21-2016 at 04:19 AM.. Reason: Converted from text list to formatted with LIST=i tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create file in each user directory

Hi, Im newbie, I wanna to create file in each user directory, how to make that script, maybe someone can give me example, im confusing coz i have to change form one user directory to other Thank U. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleks
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use awk to create new folder in current directory

Alright, I am sure this is a laughable question, but I don't know so I am going to ask anyway. I have a little script I am writing to take information from one source, recode it in a certain way, and print to files for each subject I have data for. This all works perfectly. I just want to put... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccox85
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a directory inside root as different user

Hi All, I have directory under /opt/test. The ownership of the test directory is root:root. I have login to the server as test user. I need to have some script to create a directory inside /opt/test. This script will be called as test user. When I try to execute... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
4 Replies

4. Solaris

create user with RWX access to a specific directory in Solaris 10

I need to create a user account for a developer that will allow him rwx access to all resources in a directory. How can I do that? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsander
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create user with access only to one folder through ftp?

Hi all, Can someone help me with creating user with special privilegies? I need to create user who will have access ONLY to one folder (like /etc/log/) through ftp (read only access) and which will not have any other ways to log in like telnet, ssh etc.? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to create folder as a user

Hi All, I am trying to create a folder in /export/home/user1 directory as a user1 but I am getting the error message as -bash-3.00$ mkdir abc mkdir: Failed to make directory "abc"; Permission denied Also I tried creating the folder but it fails too -bash-3.00$ touch abc touch: cannot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath K V
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create script to add user and create directory

first off let me introduce myself. My name is Eric and I am new to linux, I am taking an advanced linux administration class and we are tasked with creating a script to add new users that anyone can run, has to check for the existence of a directory. if the directory does not exist then it has... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbhound
12 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to create or delete a directory in /usr with root user

Hi All, I am trying to uninstall jdk 1.5 from my Solaris 10 64 bit but some how was not successful.so tried to delete the folder of jdk from /usr but its throughing error as: Unable to remove directory jdk: Read-only file system Even I tried to create a dir in /usr but its not allowing me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pshah
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to check directory and create missing folder from file

In the below bash I am trying to ensure that all folders (represented by $folders) in a given directory are created. In the file f1 the trimmed folder will be there somewhere (will be multiple trimmed folders). When that trimmed folder is found (represented by $S5) the the contents of $2 printed... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
19 Replies
MAKEDEV(8)						      System Manager's Manual							MAKEDEV(8)

NAME
makedev - make system special files SYNOPSIS
/dev/MAKEDEV device... DESCRIPTION
MAKEDEV is a shell script normally used to install special files. It resides in the /dev directory, as this is the normal location of spe- cial files. Arguments to MAKEDEV are usually of the form device-name? where device-name is one of the supported devices listed in section 4 of the manual and ``?'' is a logical unit number (0-9). A few special arguments create assorted collections of devices and are listed below. std Create the standard devices for the system; e.g. /dev/console, /dev/tty. The VAX-11/780 console floppy device, /dev/floppy, and VAX-11/750 and VAX-11/730 console cassette device(s), /dev/tu?, are also created with this entry. local Create those devices specific to the local site. This request causes the shell file /dev/MAKEDEV.local to be executed. Site spe- cific commands, such as those used to setup dialup lines as ``ttyd?'' should be included in this file. Since all devices are created using mknod(8), this shell script is useful only to the super-user. DIAGNOSTICS
Either self-explanatory, or generated by one of the programs called from the script. Use ``sh -x MAKEDEV'' in case of trouble. SEE ALSO
intro(4), config(8), mknod(8) 4.2 Berkeley Distribution May 19, 1986 MAKEDEV(8)