Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with While Do loop
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with While Do loop Post 302973537 by lm5522 on Wednesday 18th of May 2016 12:01:02 PM
Old 05-18-2016
Hi, thanks for your reply, none what so ever. I just wanted to keep it as simple as possible since i have just started in Linux shellscript writing.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

problem with while loop

hi all, i have written the following code: while(proceed !='Y' && proceed!='N' && proceed!='y' && proceed!='n') { printf("\nPress \n\t 'Y' or 'y' to continue \n\t 'N' or 'n' to cancel:"); scanf("%c",&proceed); } the output i am gettin is: Press 'Y' to continue ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mridula
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop problem

Hi, I have a directory called logs in which i have the log files. i have to touch the file before deleting it. i am doing like this filestodelete="*.log* *log*" for files in $filestodelete do touch $files $files.$(date +%a) rm -f $filestodelete done touch is not working... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

loop problem

Hi guys my while do loop is not working properly; As soon as the load_date and run_date is same it should stop can somebody tell me where I am having the problem? In an oracle table I have LOAD_DT=5/1/2009 DATE datatype RUN_DT=5/5/2009 DATE datatype Now in a script with a spool file I get the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: henrysmith
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in While loop

Hi Guys, This is my code.. I am getting an error in the inside while statement when comparing.. I am not able to figure it out.. Pls help me... while read value fatherid son_id top_id r_type do inside_value=1; echo $inside_value; echo $r_type; while do echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with a loop

Hi What is wrong with this loop it was taken has a example in book!!! it returns then /usr/sbin/svcadm disable ppserv else /usr/sbin/ppadmin stop fi } (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ex-Capsa
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with while loop

hi I had created a while loop in a script file called whiletest.sh as follows as follows: count=0 max=10 while do echo $count echo count=$(count+1)" " done echo "value of count:$count" then i run the script with the command sh whilestest.sh but its giving me an error... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel12345
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

While loop problem

I have a while loop with -f and -o option.Can any one please tell me what that stands for?The Sample code is as follows:- while do ## some processing done (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Param0073
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with While loop.

Hi Script Gurus, I am facing issue with while loop in bash. The while loop is running as end less loop even after given criteria does not meet. STATE_BEFORE_SPLIT () { for clone in $Clonegroups; do state=$( $Navicmd -listclone -name $clone -cloneid $Cloneid |awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobP
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with loop within loop

Hi, I work on Ab-initio ETL tool which is based on Unix. I made a small script which has two loop's one with in another. All the functionality is working for the first line of outer loop but when it comes to other lines of outer loop it is throwing error as command not found. Below is the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with loop

Hi all, a problem with a loop. Imagine it starts with var1="$(cat txtif.out )"while do echo file1 echo file2 echo y > txtif.out if then break fi done exit 0 the problem is that if the file is changing during the loop seems to continue as it reads "x" state,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Board27
5 Replies
yppasswd(1)							   User Commands						       yppasswd(1)

NAME
yppasswd - change your network password in the NIS database SYNOPSIS
yppasswd [username] DESCRIPTION
The yppasswd utility changes the network password associated with the user username in the Network Information Service (NIS) database. If the user has done a keylogin(1), and a publickey/secretkey pair exists for the user in the NIS publickey.byname map, yppasswd also re- encrypts the secretkey with the new password. The NIS password may be different from the local one on your own machine. yppasswd prompts for the old NIS password, and then for the new one. You must type in the old password correctly for the change to take effect. The new password must be typed twice, to forestall mistakes. New passwords must be at least four characters long, if they use a sufficiently rich alphabet, and at least six characters long if mono- case. These rules are relaxed if you are insistent enough. Only the owner of the name or the super-user may change a password; superuser on the root master will not be prompted for the old password, and does not need to follow password construction requirements. The NIS password daemon, rpc.yppasswdd must be running on your NIS server in order for the new password to take effect. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
keylogin(1), login(1), nis+(1), nispasswd(1), passwd(1), getpwnam(3C), getspnam(3C), secure_rpc(3NSL), nsswitch.conf(4), attributes(5) WARNINGS
Even after the user has successfully changed his or her password using this command, the subsequent login(1) using the new password will be successful only if the user's password and shadow information is obtained from NIS. See getpwnam(3C), getspnam(3C), and nsswitch.conf(4). NOTES
The use of yppasswd is discouraged, as it is now only a wrapper around the passwd(1) command, which should be used instead. Using passwd(1) with the -r nis option (see nis+(1)) will achieve the same results, and will be consistent across all the different name services avail- able. BUGS
The update protocol passes all the information to the server in one RPC call, without ever looking at it. Thus, if you type your old pass- word incorrectly, you will not be notified until after you have entered your new password. SunOS 5.10 28 Nov 2001 yppasswd(1)