Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find or ls with pipe to the command file Post 302973435 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 17th of May 2016 05:36:29 PM
Old 05-17-2016
If I understand what you're trying to do correctly (run the file utility with the pathnames of all regular files in the file hierarchy rooted in the current directory whose final component filenames contain the string SQLite or the string XML), this should do what you want:
Code:
find . -type f \( -name '*SQLite*' -o -name '*XML*' \) -exec file {} +

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pipe out ftp command to a file

hi there all the unix-gurus, anyone can offer me some advise/help? i'm writing a ftp script and i need to spool out the output to a file but i'm facing some problems when i'm doing the following: ftp -n <mail server> ${log_dir}/test_put.log << END user <user_id> <password> verbose bin #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find a file named vijay in a directory using find command

I need to find whether there is a file named vijay is there or not in folder named "opt" .I tried "ls *|grep vijay" but it showed permission problem. so i need to use find command (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
6 Replies

3. Linux

Simplified find command to find multiple file types

Hi, I'm using the following command to find the multiple requierd file types and its working fine find . -name "*.pl" -o -name "*.pm" -o -name "*.sql" -o -name "*.so" -o -name "*.sh" -o -name "*.java" -o -name "*.class" -o -name "*.jar" -o -name "*.gz" -o -name "*.Z" -type f Though... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pipe text in to find command

I would like to know why this command does not work. I have a script which connects to and ftp site. After getting the remote files localy i need move each remote file to a archive folder on the FTP site *Please also note that some of the files have spaces in the file name. Im trying to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: juanjanse
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find string and get the rest of the line in a pipe delimited file

Hi friends, I have a file where I should search for a string and get the rest of the line but without the delimiter using awk. for example I have the series of string in a file: input_string.txt bbb ccc aaa and the mapping file looks like this. mapping.txt aaa|12 bbb|23 ccc|43... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokoro
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

wanted to find both link file and ordinary file using single find command

find . -type fl o/p is only the ordinary file. where in it wont give the link files. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find for line with not null values at nth place in pipe delimited file

Hi, I am trying to find the lines in a pipe delimited file where 11th column has not null values. Any help is appreciated. Need help asap please. thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manikms
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore Pipe in Pipe delimited file?

Hi guys, I need to know how i can ignore Pipe '|' if Pipe is coming as a column in Pipe delimited file for eg: file 1: xx|yy|"xyz|zzz"|zzz|12... using below awk command awk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS="|" } print $3 i would get xyz But i want as : xyz|zzz to consider as whole column... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
13 Replies

9. SuSE

Find command doesn't pipe the output as required.

Hi, I am using below code snippet to echo/display the files found (matching a pattern from searchstring.out file) and the corresponding owner. while read j do echo "Pattern to search is:- $j" find / -name "*$j*" |\ while read k do echo "File found is:- $k" owner=$(ls... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vipin Batra
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk command to split pipe delimited file

Hello, I need to split a pipe de-limited file based on the COLUMN 7 value . If the column value changes I need to split the file Source File Payment|ID|DATE|TIME|CONTROLNUMBER|NUMBER|NAME|INDICATOR 42156974|1137937|10/1/2018|104440|4232|2054391|CARE|1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosebud123
9 Replies
BDB.DB0(5)							AFS File Reference							BDB.DB0(5)

NAME
bdb.DB0, bdb.DBSYS1 - Contain the Backup Database and associated log DESCRIPTION
The bdb.DB0 file contains the Backup Database, which records configuration information used by the AFS Backup System along with cross- indexed records of the tapes created and volumes dumped using the Backup System commands. The bdb.DBSYS1 file is a log file in which the Backup Server (buserver process) logs each database operation before performing it. When an operation is interrupted, the Backup Server replays the log to complete the operation. Both files are in binary format and reside in the /var/lib/openafs/db directory on each database server machine that runs the Backup Server. When the Backup Server starts or restarts on a given machine, it establishes a connection with its peers and verifies that its copy of the bdb.DB0 file matches the copy on the other database server machines. If not, the Backup Servers use AFS's distributed database technology, Ubik, to distribute to all of the machines the copy of the database with the highest version number. Use the commands in the backup suite to administer the Backup Database. It is advisable to create a backup copy of the bdb.DB0 file on tape on a regular basis, using the UNIX tar command or another local disk backup utility. SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_savedb(8), buserver(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BDB.DB0(5)