Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Building a Compiler
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Building a Compiler Post 302973014 by kopfgeldjagar1 on Thursday 12th of May 2016 07:44:45 PM
Old 05-12-2016
Building a Compiler

In an earlier thread, I mentioned that I needed something like Netcat or Socat to create a serial > IP connection. I realized after some thought that I had downloaded the netcat tarball, unpacked it and ended up with the uncompiled program. I attempted to put it together with cc and discovered that i have no compiler application on my production box. Google mentioned GCC, which I found the correct RPM's (including dependencies) for, and I was able to install most of then until I realized that I have a quandry:

Code:
[root@dev21 /home/dev/gcc] rpm -Uvh gcc-4.6.3-2.aix5.2.ppc.rpm
error: failed dependencies:gcc-cpp = 4.6.3-2 is needed by gcc-4.6.3-2

[root@dev21 /home/dev/gcc] rpm -Uvh gcc-cpp-4.6.3-2.aix5.2.ppc.rpm
error: failed dependencies: gcc = 4.6.3-2 is needed by gcc-cpp-4.6.3-2

A needs B needs A

Please explain this to me. Can i use the --nodeps flag?

I'm at a loss at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 05-13-2016 at 01:45 AM.. Reason: code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

building a server

hi, i am a pretty good linux user..but i have no idea on building a server witha domain and everthing. please help! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamza11050
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Building a new PC

Hi, im building a new PC for my FreeBSD - sorry it's not really UNIX related but I dont really visit any other online forums, and lost ideas of people to ask, Basically would it work if bought this motherboard -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ErNci
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xl C/C++ compiler to GCC compiler

Hi, we are converting from IBM-AIX(xl c/c++ compiler) to Linux(GCC complier). As a part of this i need to change the CFLAGS. The xl c/c++ complier CFLAGS is CFLAGS := $(CDEBUG) $(PROJECT_INCLUDE_DIRS) $(COBJECT_MODE) -qcpluscmt -qmakedep -qcheck=all \ -qalign=bit_packed $(LINT_FLAGS)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbattu1
0 Replies

4. Programming

How Can a Machine Reads a Compiler Since A Compiler is Written in Text! Not Binaries?

To make a programming language you need a compiler, so what was the first programming language and how was is created if you need the compiler first? The compiler itself is considered as a high language comparing to the machine! since the compiler is not created in 1's and 0's... Eventhough i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
12 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help with building firewall

Hi, I've installed firewall builder into my operating system (PCLinuxOS) from the repository. Now I need to configure and make run firewall builder in the main server (production server) of my company. The technique that I want to use is pushing the script from my laptop (where I've got the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Building a ppc476 enabled GCC cross compiler and toolchain

Building a ppc476 enabled GCC cross compiler and tool chain Hello, I am trying to build a cross GCC compiler for PPC476. I applied all the relevant patches. Cross compiler build was successful. When i try to compile the source code using the cross compiler i am getting the below error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghuhb
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Building a ppc476 enabled GCC cross compiler and tool chain

Building a ppc476 enabled GCC cross compiler and tool chain Hello, I am trying to build a cross GCC compiler for PPC476. I applied all the relevant patches. Cross compiler build was successful. When i try to compile the source code using the cross compiler i am getting the below error... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. Linux

Building a ppc476 enabled GCC cross compiler and tool chain

Building a ppc476 enabled GCC cross compiler and tool chain Hello, I am trying to build a cross GCC compiler for PPC476. I applied all the relevant patches. Cross compiler build was successful. When i try to compile the source code using the cross compiler i am getting the below error... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cc compiler and gcc compiler

hi, can we install gcc compiler in unix based OS(sun solar,IBM AIX,HP,etc) and also can we install sun cc compiler in AIX environment and vice versa. and more ..is linux support cc compiler regards Ajay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
3 Replies
PMDARPM(1)						      General Commands Manual							PMDARPM(1)

NAME
pmdarpm - RPM packages performance metrics domain agent (PMDA) SYNOPSIS
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm/pmdarpm [-C] [-d domain] [-l logfile] [-r path] [-U username] DESCRIPTION
pmdarpm is a Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which extracts performance metrics reflecting the state of the RPM package database managed by rpm(1). The rpm PMDA exports metrics that describe each package installed on a system, as well as some cumulative totals. When the RPM database changes the PMDA automatically detects this and uses a background thread to asynchronously refresh its values. A brief description of the pmdarpm command line options follows: -C Verify the package iteration code by scanning the RPM database once, then exiting. Only useful for problem diagnosis and testing. -d It is absolutely crucial that the performance metrics domain number specified here is unique and consistent. That is, domain should be different for every PMDA on the one host, and the same domain number should be used for the same PMDA on all hosts. -l Location of the log file. By default, a log file named rpm.log is written in the current directory of pmcd(1) when pmdarpm is started, i.e. $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd. If the log file cannot be created or is not writable, output is written to the standard error instead. -r Specify an alternate path to the RPM database (default is /var/lib/rpm/Packages). -U User account under which to run the agent. The default is the unprivileged "pcp" account. INSTALLATION
If you want access to the names, help text and values for the rpm performance metrics, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm # ./Remove pmdarpm is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. FILES
$PCP_PMCDCONF_PATH command line options used to launch pmdarpm $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm/help default help text file for the rpm metrics $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm/Install installation script for the pmdarpm agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm/Remove undo installation script for the pmdarpm agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/rpm.log default log file for error messages and other information from pmdarpm PCP ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables with the prefix PCP_ are used to parameterize the file and directory names used by PCP. On each installation, the file /etc/pcp.conf contains the local values for these variables. The $PCP_CONF variable may be used to specify an alternative configura- tion file, as described in pcp.conf(5). SEE ALSO
PCPIntro(1), pmcd(1), pcp.conf(5) and pcp.env(5). Performance Co-Pilot PCP PMDARPM(1)