Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Exclude an specific directory for auditing in Solaris 10 Post 302972450 by sysh4ck on Thursday 5th of May 2016 12:16:35 PM
Old 05-05-2016
Tools Exclude an specific directory for auditing in Solaris 10

Hello,

Im glad to become a member of this forums,

Im new on solaris and recentrly im introducing to use auditing service in that system.

The need is, that I need how to exclude a directory to the audit service not audit it.

And, a plus, I need of how to disable auditing the root user in both version of solaris, 10 and 11.

I hope to be clear explain this,

See ya,

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

give user permission on specific directory in solaris

dear all does any one give any user write permission using access control list or another way to solve this problem (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris BSM and Auditing

Hi Guys, I am new to this forum so I am sorry if i posted this thread in the wrong place. I am currently trying to get BSM to work on solaris 10 by Logging few things for me. I need your help to complete this task please. this is the config of the audit files: audit_conto # Copyright... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: skywalker850i
18 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 9 Auditing

How do I setup audit to alert on write conditions for individual files? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dxs
3 Replies

4. Solaris

create user with RWX access to a specific directory in Solaris 10

I need to create a user account for a developer that will allow him rwx access to all resources in a directory. How can I do that? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsander
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Directory restriction for specific users on Solaris

Hi all, i have a question about directory accessing. Question: therese is a x user which can login system, x user can only access specific directories on the system, even y directory has r-x access right for OTHER, x user will not access the y directory. this x user must access specific... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nibiru78
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris auditing (file access logging) for specific directory only.

Hello, We need to log the operations that specific user on Solaris 10 (SPARC) is performing on one directory and it's contents. I was able to configure solaris auditing service (auditd) and it works fine. The only problem is that auditd logs huge amount of unneeded information. We need to log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: +Yan
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris user auditing

Hello, I was wondering when Solaris auditing is enabled, If it is possible to keep track of users that are allowed to sudo to root. In other words, I would like to know which user did what on my Solaris box. (assumig that user can "sudo su -" ) Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niyazi
2 Replies

8. Solaris

How to restrict user to a specific directory in solaris 10

Hi all, I want to create a new user and grant him ONLY transfer files access to a specific directory where he can only upload and read the files. He should be restricted to this activity only. Regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilldn
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris FIND: Exclude Specific Paths

Using Sol 10 + KSH. I need to run a find command on the whole system "/" and exclude a bunch of explicit directories and files that may or may not be on each system. I cannot use the -name because i dont want to exclude all dirs named just specific paths. -path/-wholename is not an option... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
2 Replies
audit(1M)																 audit(1M)

NAME
audit - control the behavior of the audit daemon SYNOPSIS
audit -n | -s | -t | -v [path] The audit command is the system administrator's interface to maintaining the audit trail. The audit daemon can be notified to read the con- tents of the audit_control(4) file and re-initialize the current audit directory to the first directory listed in the audit_control file or to open a new audit file in the current audit directory specified in the audit_control file, as last read by the audit daemon. Reading audit_control also causes the minfree and plugin configuration lines to be re-read and reset within auditd. The audit daemon can also be signaled to close the audit trail and disable auditing. -n Notify the audit daemon to close the current audit file and open a new audit file in the current audit directory. -s Notify the audit daemon to read the audit control file. The audit daemon stores the information internally. If the audit daemon is not running but audit has been enabled by means of bsmconv(1M), the audit daemon is started. -t Direct the audit daemon to close the current audit trail file, disable auditing, and die. Use -s to restart auditing. -v path Verify the syntax for the audit control file stored in path. The audit command displays an approval message or outputs specific error messages for each error found. The audit command will exit with 0 upon success and a positive integer upon failure. /etc/security/audit_user /etc/security/audit_control See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ bsmconv(1M), praudit(1M), audit(2), audit_control(4), audit_user(4), attributes(5) The functionality described in this man page is available only if the Basic Security Module (BSM) has been enabled. See bsmconv(1M) for more information. The audit command does not modify a process's preselection mask. It functions are limited to the following: o affects which audit directories are used for audit data storage; o specifies the minimum free space setting; o resets the parameters supplied by means of the plugin directive. For the -s option, audit validates the audit_control syntax and displays an error message if a syntax error is found. If a syntax error message is displayed, the audit daemon does not re-read audit_control. Because audit_control is processed at boot time, the -v option is provided to allow syntax checking of an edited copy of audit_control. Using -v, audit exits with 0 if the syntax is correct; otherwise, it returns a positive integer. The -v option can be used in any zone, but the -t, -s, and -n options are valid only in local zones and, then, only if the perzone audit policy is set. See auditd(1M) and auditconfig(1M) for per-zone audit configuration. 25 May 2004 audit(1M)