Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How Create new directory and move files to that directory.? Post 302972132 by Don Cragun on Monday 2nd of May 2016 03:47:52 AM
Old 05-02-2016
Building on what you learned from your last thread (How to search for a string in all the files irrespective of directory.?) from suggestions by Scrutinizer and RavinderSingh13, it would seem that the following should come close to doing what you want.

I note that your 1st post in this thread says you're looking for SQL files, but in post #3 in this thread your code is looking for sql files. The following assumes that your files follow the convention used in post #3. In the future, please state your requirements clearly in your first post. Changing requirements with each new post in a thread wastes everyone's time.

In the future, PLEASE tell us what operating system and shell you're using, so volunteers here don't waste their time making suggestions that won't work in your environment. We should not have to search through dozens of your earlier posts to guess at your environment so we can help you each time you start a new thread.

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
head=/absolute/path/to/head

mkdir -p "$head/procedure"
find "$head" \( -type d -name procedure -prune \) -o \
    \(	-type f -name '*.sql' -exec grep -q -F 'procedure' {} \; \
    	-exec mv {} "$head/procedure" \; \)

Obviously, you'll need to change /absolute/path/to/head in the above script to the actual absolute pathname of the head directory you want to use. (You didn't give a pathname for this directory in your first post and the 3rd post in this thread gives conflicting locations for it.)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move all files in a directory tree to a signal directory?

Is this possible? Let me know If I need specify further on what I am trying to do- I just want to spare you the boring details of my personal file management. Thanks in advance- Brian- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move a file from windows directory to unix directory

Move a file from windows directory to unix directory, is this possible? if it is, can someone help me on this? Thanks! God bless! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move the latest or older File from one directory to another Directory

I Need help for one requirement, I want to move the latest/Older file in the folder to another file. File have the datetimestamp in postfix. Example: Source Directory : \a destination Directory : \a\b File1 : xy_MMDDYYYYHHMM.txt (xy_032120101456.txt) File2: xy_MMDDYYYYHHMM.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pp_ayyanar
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to move files between 2 dates from one directory to another

Hi All, I am coding for a requirement where I need to move files (filename.yymmdd) from one directory(A) to another(B) based on 2 date fields in a paramtere file. (Paramfile.txt) For e.g: In Paramfile.txt, BUS_DT =20120612 SUB_DT =20120602 In this case, i need to move all the files... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip all files in a directory and move to another directory

Hi, need to zip all files in a directory and move to another directory after the zip.. i am using this one but didnt help me... zip -r my_proj_`date +%Y%m%d%H%MS`.zip /path/my_proj mv in_proj_`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S`.zip /path/source/ i am trying to zip all the files in my_proj... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dssyadav
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files in a list to another directory

I have a number of files in a directory that can be grouped with something like "ls | grep SH2". I would like to move each file in this list to another directory. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kg6iia
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with date, create directory, move to the created directory

Hi all, i have a folder, with tons of files containing as following, on /my/folder/jobs/ some_name_2016-01-17-22-38-58_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-40-30_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-48-50_some name_0_0.zip.done and these can be lots of similar files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to move gz files from one source directory to destination directory?

Hi All, Daily i am doing the house keeping in one of my server and manually moving the files which were older than 90 days and moving to destination folder. using the find command . Could you please assist me how to put the automation using the shell script . ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script cannot create directory and move the file to that directory

I have a script, which is checking if file exists and move it to another directory if then mkdir -p ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly mv report_manual_alloc_rpt_A_I_ASSIGNMENT.${Today}*.csv ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
9 Replies
GET_ROBUST_LIST(2)						Linux System Calls						GET_ROBUST_LIST(2)

NAME
get_robust_list, set_robust_list - get/set list of robust futexes SYNOPSIS
#include <linux/futex.h> #include <syscall.h> long get_robust_list(int pid, struct robust_list_head **head_ptr, size_t *len_ptr); long set_robust_list(struct robust_list_head *head, size_t len); Note: There are no glibc wrappers for these system calls; see NOTES. DESCRIPTION
The robust futex implementation needs to maintain per-thread lists of robust futexes which are unlocked when the thread exits. These lists are managed in user space; the kernel is notified about only the location of the head of the list. The get_robust_list() system call returns the head of the robust futex list of the thread whose thread ID is specified in pid. If pid is 0, the head of the list for the calling thread is returned. The list head is stored in the location pointed to by head_ptr. The size of the object pointed to by **head_ptr is stored in len_ptr. The set_robust_list() system call requests the kernel to record the head of the list of robust futexes owned by the calling thread. The head argument is the list head to record. The len argument should be sizeof(*head). RETURN VALUE
The set_robust_list() and get_robust_list() system calls return zero when the operation is successful, an error code otherwise. ERRORS
The set_robust_list() system call can fail with the following error: EINVAL len does not match the size of structure struct robust_list_head expected by kernel. The get_robust_list() system call can fail with the following errors: EPERM The calling process does not have permission to see the robust futex list of the thread with the thread ID pid, and does not have the CAP_SYS_PTRACE capability. ESRCH No thread with the thread ID pid could be found. EFAULT The head of the robust futex list can't be stored at the location head. VERSIONS
These system calls were added in Linux 2.6.17. No library support is provided; use syscall(2). NOTES
These system calls are not needed by normal applications. No support for them is provided in glibc. In the unlikely event that you want to call them directly, use syscall(2). A thread can have only one robust futex list; therefore applications that wish to use this functionality should use the robust mutexes pro- vided by glibc. SEE ALSO
futex(2) Documentation/robust-futexes.txt and Documentation/robust-futex-ABI.txt in the Linux kernel source tree COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2012-07-13 GET_ROBUST_LIST(2)