Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regexes for three column data to create a dictionary Post 302971658 by gimley on Saturday 23rd of April 2016 06:59:39 AM
Old 04-23-2016
Sorry for the late reply. I was out and could not access my mail. Many thanks for the answer.
I see your point that the distinction between word1 and word2 may not be needed.
I will test it out and get back to you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about working with data to create new column

Hello, I am having a problem with the script I am using to create a column from two columns I have in my file. I am needing to take column 5 and subtract it from column 2 to create column 6. I have included the script I am using and the rawdata I am using. Raw Data File:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottzx7rr
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on match against one column data from a long list data

My input file: data_5 Ali 422 2.00E-45 102/253 140/253 24 data_3 Abu 202 60.00E-45 12/23 140/23 28 data_1 Ahmad 256 7.00E-45 120/235 140/235 22 data_4 Aman 365 8.00E-45 15/65 140/65 20 data_10 Jones 869 9.00E-45 65/253 140/253 18... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
12 Replies

3. Programming

How to create java based dictionary for mobile using data in microsoft excel?

i am having a ms excel file which contains 2 columns, I first column i added words, and in second column meaning to the word in the first column. I want to create a dictionary for mobile like nokia or any java based application running mobile. How it can be created as i, dont know the java... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a new file from data file from a column

I have a data file that has a list of data macthing by user. I am able to sort by user and there is multiple rows for each user. Ideally I would like to email only the user of the files they own. Would it be best to create a seperate file by user and all rows showing the files they own? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mykey242
9 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to create a dictionary using cygwin

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a dictionary using cygwin. Display the following menu at the start of execution 1-add a word in the dictionary # specify the meaning 2-search a word # if word exists, show the meaning of the word 2-delete a word... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpopfreakghecky
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What's the Diff Between These Two Regexes?

Trying to understand what's happening here, but I cannot figure it out. I'm reading Mastering Regular Expressions, by Friedl, and he uses this as an example of how to grab quoted text: egrep -o '"*"' ~/File.txt ...should pull in any quoted phrases. Match a literal double-quote, match anything... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudon't
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK script to create max value of 3rd column, grouping by first column

Hi, I need an awk script (or whatever shell-construct) that would take data like below and get the max value of 3 column, when grouping by the 1st column. clientname,day-of-month,max-users ----------------------------------- client1,20120610,5 client2,20120610,2 client3,20120610,7... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files and match column data and align data from 3 column

Hello experts, Please help me in achieving this in an easier way possible. I have 2 csv files with following data: File1 08/23/2012 12:35:47,JOB_5330 08/23/2012 12:35:47,JOB_5330 08/23/2012 12:36:09,JOB_5340 08/23/2012 12:36:14,JOB_5340 08/23/2012 12:36:22,JOB_5350 08/23/2012... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create unique look-up for headers for a Dictionary

I have a text file in UTF-8 format which has the following data structure HEADWORD=gloss1,gloss2,gloss3 etc I want to convert it so that all the glosses of the HeadWord appear on separate lines HEADWORD=gloss1 HEADWORD=gloss2 HEADWORD=gloss3 An example will illustrate the requirement... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies
gnome-dictionary(1)						   User Commands					       gnome-dictionary(1)

NAME
gnome-dictionary - look up words in an online dictionary SYNOPSIS
gnome-dictionary [--database=database] [--list-sources] [--look-up=word] [--match=word] [--no-window] [--source=source] [--strategy=strat- egy] [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The Dictionary application enables you to look up an online dictionary for the definitions and correct spelling of words. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -D, --database=database Specify the database to use. -l, --list-sources Show available dictionary sources. --look-up=word Specify the word to look up. --match=word Specify the word to match. -n, --no-window Print definitions found on the console without launching the GUI. -s, --source=source Uses the specified source for looking up words. This does not affect the global settings. -S, --strategy=strategy Specify the strategy to use. gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more infor- mation. OPERANDS
None. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching Dictionary example% gnome-dictionary EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-dictionary Executable for Dictionary. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-dictionary | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Dictionary Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. attributes(5), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2007. SunOS 5.11 09 Nov 2007 gnome-dictionary(1)