Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Incorrect Percentage for Memory Utilization. Post 302971541 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 21st of April 2016 01:02:00 PM
Old 04-21-2016
Yes it looks like the numbers are incorrect and shifted (column width limitations?)
Try with free -m instead.
But probably it is better to use /proc/meminfo , since recent versions of free no longer have a -/+ buffers/cache: line and have an available column instead...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to determine cpu&memory percentage usage per user

Using HP-UX v11 Need to monitor cpu and memory usage, total for system and separately for each user in command-line mode. Found out next ways to monitor total cpu usage under hp-ux: 1) vmstat, also shows free memory 2) sar -M ps -eo user,pcpu - does not work, means 'user-defined format'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hp-ux-user
4 Replies

2. AIX

Memory Utilization

All, The (fre) coloumn of the (vmstat) command, does it report the size of the free list including the swap space or it only report on the RAM (physical memory). BR, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Negm
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

memory configuration incorrect?

MIS/IT Area - Sun: Solaris Forum eb222 (MIS)3 replies20 Mar 07 (20 Mar 07) something wrong with my memory bank table I have run prtdiag and the memory bank table doesnt look right -can somebody confirm if below looks ok? ============================ Memory Configuration... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eb222
1 Replies

4. AIX

Memory Utilization

Hi friends i have a query. we have two p-series machine(p550 & p570) with HACMP 5.3 and AIX 5.3 hosting SAP. Now i need to now is there a way or a command to check the memory utilization on these machines on daily basis. I have tried vmstat and iostat but still it's not clear. We have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathandrake13
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating Swap percentage utilization

Hello All, I am trying to create a script that will give me the processes that consume swap in %. i am using the below line to get it done. virtual=`echo "$virtual/$swp*100"|bc -l|sed -e "s/\(\.\).*/\1/g"` but getting the following output after running it. .039 .110 I want the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

memory utilization

command for checking memory utilization in HP -UX (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_spatil
2 Replies

7. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

CPU Utilization and Memory Utilization of Services and Applications

Hi, i am new to linux/RHEL 6.0 and i have two questions. 1) How to get the CPU utilization and Memory Utilization of all Services running currently? 2) How to get the CPU utilization and Memory Utilization of all Applications running currently? Please help me to find the script. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nossam
2 Replies

9. AIX

Need help on memory utilization.

I have run the utility nmon in aix 6.1, and found memory utilization is 99.9% in physical. and pressed h key and then t , in that it is not showing single process which is consuming memory resources. please help me how to find out actual memory utilization. wheather 99% is real memory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working out percentage of memory utilization

Hi there I am middle of writing a script to allow me to see the % of the memory which is being used. When I submit my script I don't get any errors but I just get a blank output. Any pointers? available=`free -m | grep available` if then ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
7 Replies
LOGPROF.CONF(5)                                                      AppArmor                                                      LOGPROF.CONF(5)

NAME
logprof.conf - configuration file for expert options that modify the behavior of the AppArmor aa-logprof(1) program. DESCRIPTION
The aa-logprof(1) program can be configured to have certain default behavior by the contents of logprof.conf. The [qualifiers] section lists specific programs that should have a subset of the full ix/px/ux list when asking what mode to execute it using. Since creating a separate profile for /bin/bash is dangerous, we can specify that for /bin/bash, only (I)nherit, (U)nconstrained, and (D)eny should be allowed options and only those will show up in the prompt when we're asking about adding that to a profile. Likewise, if someone currently exec's /bin/mount in ix or px mode, things won't work, so we can provide only (U)nconstrained and (D)eny as options. And certain apps like grep, awk, sed, cp, and mkdir should always inherit the parent profile rather than having their own profile or running unconfined, so for them we can specify that only (I)nherit and (D)eny are the allowed options. Any programs that are not listed in the qualifiers section get the full (I)nherit / (P)rofile / (U)nconstrained / (D)eny option set. If the user is doing something tricky and wants different behavior, they can tweak or remove the corresponding line in the conf file. The [defaulthat] section lists changehat-aware programs and what hat aa-logprof(1) will collapse the entries to for that program if the user specifies that the access should be allowed, but should not have it's own hat. The [globs] section allows modification of the logprof rule engine with respect to globbing suggestions that the user will be prompted with. The format of each line is-- "<perl glob> = <apparmor glob>". When aa-logprof(1) asks about a specific path, if the perl glob matches the path, it replaces the part of the path that matched with the corresponding apparmor glob and adds it to the list of globbing suggestions. Lines starting with # are comments and are ignored. EXAMPLE
[qualifiers] # things will very likely be painfully broken if bash has it's own profile /bin/bash = iu # mount doesn't work if it's confined /bin/mount = u # these helper utilities should inherit the parent profile and # shouldn't have their own profiles /bin/awk = i /bin/grep = i /bin/sed = i [defaulthat] /usr/sbin/sshd = EXEC /usr/sbin/httpd2 = DEFAULT_URI /usr/sbin/httpd2-prefork = DEFAULT_URI [globs] # /foo/bar/lib/libbaz.so -> /foo/bar/lib/lib* /lib/lib[^/]+so[^/]*$ = /lib/lib*so* # strip kernel version numbers from kernel module accesses ^/lib/modules/[^/]+/ = /lib/modules/*/ # strip pid numbers from /proc accesses ^/proc/d+/ = /proc/*/ BUGS
If you find any bugs, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), aa-enforce(1), aa-complain(1), aa-disable(1), aa_change_hat(2), aa-logprof(1), aa-genprof(1), and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 LOGPROF.CONF(5)