Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Variable of Path directory is not parsing in awk Post 302971443 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 20th of April 2016 08:13:37 AM
Old 04-20-2016
What does $DIR_NM evaluate to? Moreover what is the dirname "command" -- A script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed variable substitution when variable constructed of a directory path

Hello, i have another sed question.. I'm trying to do variable substition with sed and i'm running into a problem. my var1 is a string constructed like this: filename1 filerev1 filepath1 my var2 is another string constructed like this: filename2 filerev2 filepath2 when i do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alrinno
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable directory name in path

I need to write a login script for multiple computers, however, one of the directories in question will have a different name from computer to computer. ~/Library/Application\ Support/Firefox/Profiles/<unique filename>.default/myfile For the directory named <unique filename>.default , I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with directory path parsing

I've been working on a UNIX script (csh) that will be starting a java application The goal is to get the version number and location (needed by the application) from the path of the script Example: Location of the script= /apps/myapp/versionNum/script/start.csh I need:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjbrady
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom directory path variable

I'm trying to write my first shell script and got a bit stuck with this: I've got myscript.sh that executes from /fromhere. If the script is run with the syntax ./myscript.sh tothere: I need to make a variable inside the script containing /fromhere/tothere ...and if the script is run with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chronomaly
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk for extracting directory from file path

Hi, I have following path: set file_path = D:/forums/prac/somedir/new1/file1.txt or set file_path = E:/new/forums1/prac/somedir/new2/file2.txt I need to grep "somedir" from file path. In this case preceding directory "prac" remains same for both the paths, but directories preceding... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command fails when a space is in the directory path variable

I have a script like this running under OS X 10.8. The problem arises when the find command encounters a space in the path name. I need the "dir" variable as I'll be extending the script to more general use. #!/bin/bash CFS=$IFS IFS=$(echo) set dir = "/Users/apta/Library/Mail\... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apta
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i assign directory path to a variable in perl?

Hai how can I assign directory path to a variable in perl Thanks&Regards kiran (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran425
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i assign directory path to a variable in perl?

Hai how can I assign directory path to a variable in perl Thanks&Regards kiran (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran425
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse Directory path - awk

Hi All, Need some help in parsing a directory listing .. output into 2 files Input file level1,/level2/level3/level4/ora001,10,IBB23 level1,/level2/level3/level4/ora001/blu1,,IBB23 level1,/level2/level3/level4/ora001/clu1,,IBB23 level1,/level2/level3/level4/ora002,,IBB24... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What is the difference ../directory path and ./directory path in ksh?

What is the difference ../directory path and ./directory path in ksh? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TestKing
1 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)