Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Installing Solaris inside zone using automated installer Post 302971423 by solaris_user on Wednesday 20th of April 2016 03:42:51 AM
Old 04-20-2016
Installing Solaris inside zone using automated installer

Hi guys,

I was wondering if Solaris 11 can be installed in zone using automated installer as I can with vmvare or virtualbox. To be precise, first I want to create a zone which will create empty box. After that, I want to install Solaris using automated installer because I have a bunch of packages made at my company and they are available in our internal IPS repo.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Postprocess issue installing Solaris 9 Branded Zone

Hello, I am attempting to install a newly configured Solaris 9 zone using the flash archive image provided on the sun website. Each time I run the install I get a failure during the Postprocess: Creating mount points. Following is the log: Log File: /var/tmp/s9-zone.install.25457.log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brialt1
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting number of disks inside a solaris zone

Friends, I am really stuck on this one. In solaris i can get the number of disks using this command --> pfexec format | egrep -v "Searching|AVAILABLE|Specify|^$|@" | wc -l But when applying this command inside a solaris zone ,the format command doesnt work. any ideas on how i can go about it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: achak01
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 11 Global zone patching having Solaris 10 branded zone

I am planning to do solaris 11 global zone patching having solaris 10 branded zone. I have a doubts on step 8 specially Can someone clear my step 8 doubts or if anything wrong between step 1 to step 9 please correct that also as I have pretty good idea about Step 10 mean patching in solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies
installer(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     installer(1M)

NAME
installer - Solaris Web Start installer utility SYNOPSIS
installer [-locales list] [-nodisplay] [-noconsole] [-debug] DESCRIPTION
The installer utility invokes a Web Start install wizard sequence which will lead the user through a sequence of installation panels. This installer utility is found on many CDs that are shipped with Solaris and it will be found among the top level files of these CDs. When the installer is on a CD being accessed from a desktop file manager, the installer can be double clicked to start the installation sequence. If the user is not currently the system's root user, the root user password will be requested. The installer utility can also be run from other UNIX scripts. Usually, a script is used in conjunction with the utility's -nodis- play option. Add the -noconsole option for non-interactive scripts. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -locales list Selects product translations for install, corresponding to the specified list of locales if the specified locale transla- tions are present on the installation media. Locales are supplied in a comma-separated list following the -locales option. An example list would appear as follows: installer -locales fr,de,it This would install products with translations for the French, German, and Italian locales. -nodisplay Runs the install without a graphical user interface. Use the default product install unless it was modified by the -locales options. -noconsole Run the install without any interactive text console device. Useful when paired with -nodisplay for non-interactive UNIX script use. -debug Outputs extra information about what the install is doing. Mainly for install diagnostic purposes. FILES
/var/sadm/install/logs location of installation log files SEE ALSO
prodreg(1M) SunOS 5.10 11 December 2001 installer(1M)