Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? How to destroy one's business...? Post 302971254 by bakunin on Monday 18th of April 2016 08:13:55 AM
Old 04-18-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecracker
I for one am not sure if this is really happened,
And as it seems your gut feeling was right about that:
link to slashdot.org

Now, that i learned how things are done in this company: i am sooo inclined to host my next servers at this guys site. Knowing his understanding of "operational security" i take it there is nothing that could possibly go wrong.

If this really was a "marketing effort": it was a bad one.

Thanks to agent.kgb, who notified my of this link.

bakunin

Last edited by bakunin; 04-18-2016 at 09:23 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to Destroy a processor set i.e pset

First of all I'm new to solaris. Today is the first day i'm practicing zones. In global zone i have created a two separate pools of 2CPU's and created a email-zone and a web-zone as given in a PDF. I deleted the 2 zones in the processor sets. How can i destroy the processor set and i want my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: breaker64
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

Cron entry for every 10 mints on business day business hour

Could you “crontab” it to run every 10 minutes on work days (Mo - Fr) between 08:00 and 18:00 i know to run every 10 mints but can any one guide me how to achieve the above one (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venikathir
2 Replies

3. Solaris

ZFS - Dataset / pool name are the same...cannot destroy

I messed up my pool by doing zfs send...recive So I got the following : zpool list NAME SIZE ALLOC FREE CAP DEDUP HEALTH ALTROOT rpool 928G 17.3G 911G 1% 1.00x ONLINE - tank1 928G 35.8G 892G 3% 1.00x ONLINE - So I have "tank1" pool. zfs get all... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: eladgrs
8 Replies

4. Hardware

Plop boot manager Destroy the pc

Hello friends , yesterday i used plop boot manager to shutdown the pc but after using it, nothing happened on screen , i mean cpu is running but monitor show blank screen and then i reassembled the whole pc again ,cleaned , reattach all the devices again but problem persist . Any help (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rink
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Destroy Script Direction Help

Being a beginner in scripting I am not sure the direction to take to accomplish the below task and would love suggestions. GOAL input file: domains.list Read input file, search in named.conf and find domain and delete entry for the purpose of cleanup activity. named.conf entry example zone... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: djzah
8 Replies
LWP::Authen::Ntlm(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    LWP::Authen::Ntlm(3pm)

NAME
LWP::Authen::Ntlm - Library for enabling NTLM authentication (Microsoft) in LWP SYNOPSIS
use LWP::UserAgent; use HTTP::Request::Common; my $url = 'http://www.company.com/protected_page.html'; # Set up the ntlm client and then the base64 encoded ntlm handshake message my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new(keep_alive=>1); $ua->credentials('www.company.com:80', '', "MyDomain\MyUserCode", 'MyPassword'); $request = GET $url; print "--Performing request now...----------- "; $response = $ua->request($request); print "--Done with request------------------- "; if ($response->is_success) {print "It worked!->" . $response->code . " "} else {print "It didn't work!->" . $response->code . " "} DESCRIPTION
"LWP::Authen::Ntlm" allows LWP to authenticate against servers that are using the NTLM authentication scheme popularized by Microsoft. This type of authentication is common on intranets of Microsoft-centric organizations. The module takes advantage of the Authen::NTLM module by Mark Bush. Since there is also another Authen::NTLM module available from CPAN by Yee Man Chan with an entirely different interface, it is necessary to ensure that you have the correct NTLM module. In addition, there have been problems with incompatibilities between different versions of Mime::Base64, which Bush's Authen::NTLM makes use of. Therefore, it is necessary to ensure that your Mime::Base64 module supports exporting of the encode_base64 and decode_base64 functions. USAGE
The module is used indirectly through LWP, rather than including it directly in your code. The LWP system will invoke the NTLM authentication when it encounters the authentication scheme while attempting to retrieve a URL from a server. In order for the NTLM authentication to work, you must have a few things set up in your code prior to attempting to retrieve the URL: o Enable persistent HTTP connections To do this, pass the "keep_alive=>1" option to the LWP::UserAgent when creating it, like this: my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new(keep_alive=>1); o Set the credentials on the UserAgent object The credentials must be set like this: $ua->credentials('www.company.com:80', '', "MyDomain\MyUserCode", 'MyPassword'); Note that you cannot use the HTTP::Request object's authorization_basic() method to set the credentials. Note, too, that the 'www.company.com:80' portion only sets credentials on the specified port AND it is case-sensitive (this is due to the way LWP is coded, and has nothing to do with LWP::Authen::Ntlm) AVAILABILITY
General queries regarding LWP should be made to the LWP Mailing List. Questions specific to LWP::Authen::Ntlm can be forwarded to jtillman@bigfoot.com COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002 James Tillman. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
LWP, LWP::UserAgent, lwpcook. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-14 LWP::Authen::Ntlm(3pm)