Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Installing winpcap and configure it with cygwin Post 302970277 by steve120 on Monday 4th of April 2016 04:30:04 PM
Old 04-04-2016
I put the WpdPack folder outside Cygwin in C:\ then I added its path to windows

like this : C:\WpdPack\Examples-pcap\basic_dump environment after that I

reboot my computer and run the command :

echo $PATH and this is what I got so far :

/cygdrive/c/WpdPack/Examples-pcap/basic_dump

then I tried to run :

./basic_dump

However it did not work :

-bash: ./basic_dump: No such file or directory

and with this command

basic_dump

-bash: basic_dump: command not found

I am stuck Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin

Hi , I have software CYGWIN . Can i practice for shell script on that? Thanks sam71 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam71
1 Replies

2. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin X

I have managed a successful install of Cygwin (after a few tries), and like any sensible person am ignoring the console in favour of the xconsole. I have this set up how I want - tcsh, all hot-keys (including ^z for suspend) and et cetera, but find it awfully slow. Are there any good... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fulgura
7 Replies

4. Programming

cygwin

hello ... i am new with cygwin ... and i want you to help me. ... First of all, i want to determine the steady state stream function in a 2-D duct using a square mesh by using the finite-difference methodology and i want to simulate it....and i read a lot of information at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mostafamagdy
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Re Installing windows XP after installing KUBUNTU

Hi I have dual operating system i.e Win XP and KUBUNTU. Now my windows XP is corrupted and i want to reinstall Win XP. So i just want to know Shall i have to reinstall Linux also or i can only reinstall win xp without affecting linux installation. Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing wfdb Java wrap for Cygwin

Basically, when I try swig and wrap into java, then it have something wrong with libtool? (in my attached picture) http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs510.snc3/26778_383195659802_506009802_3679547_3446065_n.jpg... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiller
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this: cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e I know I can start a new instance using either of these: mintty -e ... cygstart tail ... But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gcc g++ on cygwin - configure: error: *** A compiler with support for C++11 language features is req

Hi, Apologies if I posted it in a wrong section as it is related to gcc on cygwin. Please move it to appropriate section. I'm trying to compile and build libsigc++-2.10.2 on cygwin with gcc 8.3.0. when I run ./configure, I get this: I couldn't fully understand what does... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
13 Replies
OPENVT(1)                                                            Linux 1.x                                                           OPENVT(1)

NAME
openvt - start a program on a new virtual terminal (VT). SYNOPSIS
openvt [-c vtnumber] [OPTIONS] [--] command DESCRIPTION
openvt will find the first available VT, and run on it the given command with the given command options, standard input, output and error are directed to that terminal. The current search path ($PATH) is used to find the requested command. If no command is specified then the environment variable $SHELL is used. OPTIONS -c, --console=VTNUMBER Use the given VT number and not the first available. Note you must have write access to the supplied VT for this to work; -f, --force Force opening a VT without checking whether it is already in use; -e, --exec Directly execute the given command, without forking. This option is meant for use in /etc/inittab. If you want to use this feature in another context, be aware that openvt has to be a session leader in order for -e to work. See setsid(2) or setsid(1) on how to achieve this. -s, --switch Switch to the new VT when starting the command. The VT of the new command will be made the new current VT; -u, --user Figure out the owner of the current VT, and run login as that user. Suitable to be called by init. Shouldn't be used with -c or -l; -l, --login Make the command a login shell. A - is prepended to the name of the command to be executed; -v, --verbose Be a bit more verbose; -w, --wait wait for command to complete. If -w and -s are used together then openvt will switch back to the controlling terminal when the com- mand completes; -V, --version print program version and exit; -h, --help show this text and exit. -- end of options to openvt. NOTE
If openvt is compiled with a getopt_long() and you wish to set options to the command to be run, then you must supply the end of options -- flag before the command. EXAMPLES
openvt can be used to start a shell on the next free VT, by using the command: openvt bash To start the shell as a login shell, use: openvt -l bash To get a long listing you must supply the -- separator: openvt -- ls -l HISTORY
Earlier, openvt was called open. It was written by Jon Tombs <jon@gtex02.us.es or jon@robots.ox.ac.uk>. The -w idea is from "sam". SEE ALSO
chvt(1), doshell(8), login(1) 19 Jul 1996 V1.4 OPENVT(1)