Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting If condition after raw input in python Post 302970244 by ctrld on Monday 4th of April 2016 08:59:20 AM
Old 04-04-2016
Thanks wisecracker..

The sys module not needed for 2.6 above is a new learning for me.

I am already having a KeyboardInterrupt check in my code.

What I am trying to achieve here is to reduce my repeated lines of code and at same time I don't want to loose the functionality of quitting the program on the input "q".

That is , I don't want user to input everything and then check for q value to exit.

Code:
req_number = raw_input("Please enter request number or Q to Quit: ")
if (req_number in ['Q', 'q', '']):
    exit()
name = raw_input("Please enter you name or Q to Quit: ")
if (name in ['Q', 'q', '']):
    exit()

phone = raw_input("Please enter phone number or Q to Quit: ")
if (phone in ['Q', 'q', '']):
    exit()

email = raw_input("Please enter email id  or Q to Quit: ")
if (email in ['Q', 'q', '']):
    exit()

request_code = raw_input("Please enter your request code or Q to Quit: ")
if (request_code in ['Q', 'q', '']):
    exit()

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to print on condition in input file

I need only those records which has $2 equal to "DEF" independent of case (i.e upper or lower) nawk -F"," '$2 ~ //{print $0}' file This returns 3rd record also which i dont want I tried this but this doesnt work as expected. nawk -F"," '$2 == ""{print $0}' file i dont... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy input file based on condition

Hi, I am new to unix shell programming. I want to write a shell script for a functionality existing in mainframe system. I have one file as below as input 123456 &__987 &12yuq abcdef _ referes to blank condition:whenever the input file is having &__ ,it should be replaced... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charan0703
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change in Input feed based on condition file

Sorry Guys for not being able to explain in one of my earlier post. I am now putting my requirement with the input file and desired output file. In the below input file - Transaction code is at position 31:40. Business code is from position 318:321 TSCM00000005837 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrbs
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move input file based on condition

Hello, I have File1 in a directory A, a File2 in a directory B. If the File2 is not empty Then I have to move File1 from directory A to a directory archive Else no action. Is it possible to do this from one command line? Thank you in advance for your answers. Madi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngelMady
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reducing the decimal points of numbers (3d coordinates) in a file; how to input data to e.g. Python

I have a file full of coordinates of the form: 37.68899917602539 58.07500076293945 57.79100036621094 The numbers don't always have the same number of decimal points. I need to reduce the decimal points of all the numbers (there are 128 rows of 3 numbers) to 2. I have tried to do this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kbd input processing with python

Hi, I'm new to python, and I work on a little program fpr my rapsberry pi. This scenario here is a little Midi sysex app for my Roland D-50 Synthesizer. With an usb attached number keypad I can type numbers from 0 to 9 and the referenced Midi sysex file would be send out to my Roland D-50... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdohn
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python problem with input

Hello everyone, I have just started python, and there is something that escapes me. I don't understand why my little script doesn't work. When I do, it work: my_string = "bonjour" if len(my_string) < "6": print(my_string + " < 6") else: print(my_string + " > 6") ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk to add +1 to value based on condition in input

In the awk below I am trying to add a | that will adjust $2 in the ouput by adding +1 if the original value from file that was used in $3 had a - in it. Line 3 of file is an example of this. In my current awk I just subtract one but I am not sure how to only apply this to those values without a -.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
lp-shell(1)						      General Commands Manual						       lp-shell(1)

NAME
lp-shell - Open an interactive launchpadlib shell. SYNOPSIS
lp-shell [-a] [-cPROGRAM] [--python] [--ipython] [service] [LP API version] DESCRIPTION
lp-shell opens an interactive Python shell with a launchpadlib.Launchpad object "lp" which is ready for use. It authenticates against Launchpad with the consumer name "udt-lp-shell". When using lp-shell with the -a option it will use the anonymous login from launchpadlib.Launchpad. By default lp-shell connects to the "production" Launchpad service using the "1.0" LP API version. If you want to connect to another Launchpad service, call lp-shell with the service name as the second argument. lp-shell supports all ser- vices known by launchpadlib Python module. Currently known are (list can be incomplete or outdated): "production", "staging", "dogfood". A different LP API version can be selected by passing the API version to use as the third argument. Current supported are: "beta", "1.0" and "devel". OPTIONS
-a Login anonymously into Launchpad. -c PROGRAM Don't enter a shell but only run the specified Python program and exit. --ipython Use an ipython shell if available (default). --python Use a regular python shell. AUTHORS
lp-shell was written by Martin Pitt <martin.pitt@ubuntu.com>. It is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or (at your option) any later version. lptools 27 March 2010 lp-shell(1)