Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting If condition after raw input in python Post 302970244 by ctrld on Monday 4th of April 2016 08:59:20 AM
Old 04-04-2016
Thanks wisecracker..

The sys module not needed for 2.6 above is a new learning for me.

I am already having a KeyboardInterrupt check in my code.

What I am trying to achieve here is to reduce my repeated lines of code and at same time I don't want to loose the functionality of quitting the program on the input "q".

That is , I don't want user to input everything and then check for q value to exit.

Code:
req_number = raw_input("Please enter request number or Q to Quit: ")
if (req_number in ['Q', 'q', '']):
    exit()
name = raw_input("Please enter you name or Q to Quit: ")
if (name in ['Q', 'q', '']):
    exit()

phone = raw_input("Please enter phone number or Q to Quit: ")
if (phone in ['Q', 'q', '']):
    exit()

email = raw_input("Please enter email id  or Q to Quit: ")
if (email in ['Q', 'q', '']):
    exit()

request_code = raw_input("Please enter your request code or Q to Quit: ")
if (request_code in ['Q', 'q', '']):
    exit()

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to print on condition in input file

I need only those records which has $2 equal to "DEF" independent of case (i.e upper or lower) nawk -F"," '$2 ~ //{print $0}' file This returns 3rd record also which i dont want I tried this but this doesnt work as expected. nawk -F"," '$2 == ""{print $0}' file i dont... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy input file based on condition

Hi, I am new to unix shell programming. I want to write a shell script for a functionality existing in mainframe system. I have one file as below as input 123456 &__987 &12yuq abcdef _ referes to blank condition:whenever the input file is having &__ ,it should be replaced... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charan0703
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change in Input feed based on condition file

Sorry Guys for not being able to explain in one of my earlier post. I am now putting my requirement with the input file and desired output file. In the below input file - Transaction code is at position 31:40. Business code is from position 318:321 TSCM00000005837 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrbs
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move input file based on condition

Hello, I have File1 in a directory A, a File2 in a directory B. If the File2 is not empty Then I have to move File1 from directory A to a directory archive Else no action. Is it possible to do this from one command line? Thank you in advance for your answers. Madi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngelMady
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reducing the decimal points of numbers (3d coordinates) in a file; how to input data to e.g. Python

I have a file full of coordinates of the form: 37.68899917602539 58.07500076293945 57.79100036621094 The numbers don't always have the same number of decimal points. I need to reduce the decimal points of all the numbers (there are 128 rows of 3 numbers) to 2. I have tried to do this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kbd input processing with python

Hi, I'm new to python, and I work on a little program fpr my rapsberry pi. This scenario here is a little Midi sysex app for my Roland D-50 Synthesizer. With an usb attached number keypad I can type numbers from 0 to 9 and the referenced Midi sysex file would be send out to my Roland D-50... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdohn
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python problem with input

Hello everyone, I have just started python, and there is something that escapes me. I don't understand why my little script doesn't work. When I do, it work: my_string = "bonjour" if len(my_string) < "6": print(my_string + " < 6") else: print(my_string + " > 6") ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk to add +1 to value based on condition in input

In the awk below I am trying to add a | that will adjust $2 in the ouput by adding +1 if the original value from file that was used in $3 had a - in it. Line 3 of file is an example of this. In my current awk I just subtract one but I am not sure how to only apply this to those values without a -.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
PHONE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  PHONE(1)

NAME
phone - Phone utility for DECnet SYNOPSIS
phone [options] Options: [-vVh] [-s switchhook char] [initial command] DESCRIPTION
phone is a program that allows the user to communicate interactively with users on VMS systems. Two user interfaces are available: X-Win- dows (GTK+) and terminal (ncurses). If X-Windows is available and compiled into phone then it will be used unless the -n flag is present on the command line. After entering the phone command you will be presented with the phone screen which has windows for the chat and a command-line at the top. If you are not talking to another user then you can enter commands directly, otherwise you will need to precede commands with the 'switch hook' character, which defaults to the percent sign (%). You can also enter a command for phone on the shell command-line. This command will be executed when phone starts up. This makes it conve- nient to enter commands such as: 'phone answer' or 'phone marsha::chrissie' In command mode phone understands several commands: DIAL <node::user> Call a user ANSWER Answer an incoming call REJECT Reject an incoming call EXIT or QUIT Return the the command prompt HOLD Hold all callers UNHOLD Unhold callers HANGUP Hangup the phone DIR <node> Show users logged into <node> FACSIMILE <file> Send <file> HELP Show this help All commands (apart from QUIT and EXIT) can be abbreviated to 3 characters and all (really all this time) commands are case insensitive. OPTIONS
-h -? Displays help for using the command. -V Show the version of phone. -s Set the switch hook character. This is the character used to switch from talking to another user and entering PHONE commands when using the terminal interface.x -n Disables use of the X-windows user interface. Use this to run phone in an xterm. SEE ALSO
phoned(8) DECnet utilities March 26 1999 PHONE(1)