Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with retrieving files via SFTP Post 302970090 by RudiC on Friday 1st of April 2016 03:55:21 PM
Old 04-01-2016
How do you make sure the creating process is finished generating the file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

retrieving files from Tape

I have AIX5.1 I have tried to retrieve a file from tape with no sucsess. I had this posted in the newbies section but I think I should have tried here. I did get some good info there though on where to start. This Is what I did. My back line is so... cat /rd/tmp/backuplist.full | cpio -ocvBdum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocker40
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieving multiple files by date

Hey all, need help with finding multiple files just by the last date modified in all subdirectries in the current directory. Ex. Root directory/multiple directories say 0-99/ multiple files Need to find all files last modified from say ....01 1 2006. Is this possible? Thanks for any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fantazle
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieving deleted files

I mistakenly deleted a script from the UNIX server. Is there any command i can type that i will retrieve my script? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manna
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

retrieving files which has more than 0 bytes

Hi, Can anyone tell how to list all files in current directory which has more than 0 bytes? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri2005
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieving files from print queue

Hi, wonder if anyone can help me out with this. I'm trying to retrieve files from a print queue on a remote server i.e. get files before they are printed. I'll be using perl to do this. I've written out some pseudocode below: Telnet to print server for ever (endless loop) pause 1 second... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vovin
0 Replies

6. Solaris

help retrieving files from SunOS 5.8

Hi, I am trying to get a small amount of files off of a SunBlade 2000 running SunOS 5.8, but I'm having trouble finding a medium that will actually work. It is not networked, and it doesn't have a writable CD drive. My only options seem to be floppy disk and USB drive. However, when I insert... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanm
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX system.... deleting files in remote directory after retrieving files

Hi Friends, I am new to this , I am working on AIX system and my scenario is to retrive the files from remote system and remove the files from the remote system after retreving files. I can able to retrieve the files but Can't remove files in remote system. Please check my code and help me out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayparakala
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Chroot sftp users, remote sftp login shows wrong timestamp on files

Hello, I have a weird issue, I have RHEL 5.7 running with openssh5.2 where sftpgroup OS group is chroot. I see the difference difference in timestamp on files, when I login via ssh and SFTP, I see four hour difference, is something missing in my configuration. #pwd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming multiple files in sftp server in a get files script

Hi, In sftp script to get files, I have to rename all the files which I am picking. Rename command does not work here. Is there any way to do this? I am using #!/bin/ksh For eg: sftp user@host <<EOF cd /path get *.txt rename *.txt *.txt.done ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieving names of files in a dir without overlapping

Hi, I have been trying to retrieve the names of files present in a directory one by one but the names of files are getting overlapped on one another. I tried the below command. ls -1 > filename please help me in getting the file names line by line without overlapping. I am using korn... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradhikshan
6 Replies
SFTP-SERVER(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    SFTP-SERVER(8)

NAME
sftp-server -- SFTP server subsystem SYNOPSIS
sftp-server [-ehR] [-f log_facility] [-l log_level] [-u umask] DESCRIPTION
sftp-server is a program that speaks the server side of SFTP protocol to stdout and expects client requests from stdin. sftp-server is not intended to be called directly, but from sshd(8) using the Subsystem option. Command-line flags to sftp-server should be specified in the Subsystem declaration. See sshd_config(5) for more information. Valid options are: -e Causes sftp-server to print logging information to stderr instead of syslog for debugging. -f log_facility Specifies the facility code that is used when logging messages from sftp-server. The possible values are: DAEMON, USER, AUTH, LOCAL0, LOCAL1, LOCAL2, LOCAL3, LOCAL4, LOCAL5, LOCAL6, LOCAL7. The default is AUTH. -h Displays sftp-server usage information. -l log_level Specifies which messages will be logged by sftp-server. The possible values are: QUIET, FATAL, ERROR, INFO, VERBOSE, DEBUG, DEBUG1, DEBUG2, and DEBUG3. INFO and VERBOSE log transactions that sftp-server performs on behalf of the client. DEBUG and DEBUG1 are equivalent. DEBUG2 and DEBUG3 each specify higher levels of debugging output. The default is ERROR. -R Places this instance of sftp-server into a read-only mode. Attempts to open files for writing, as well as other operations that change the state of the filesystem, will be denied. -u umask Sets an explicit umask(2) to be applied to newly-created files and directories, instead of the user's default mask. For logging to work, sftp-server must be able to access /dev/log. Use of sftp-server in a chroot configuration therefore requires that syslogd(8) establish a logging socket inside the chroot directory. SEE ALSO
sftp(1), ssh(1), sshd_config(5), sshd(8) T. Ylonen and S. Lehtinen, SSH File Transfer Protocol, draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-00.txt, January 2001, work in progress material. HISTORY
sftp-server first appeared in OpenBSD 2.8. AUTHORS
Markus Friedl <markus@openbsd.org> BSD
January 9, 2010 BSD