Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using to perl to output specific fields to one file Post 302969704 by cmccabe on Saturday 26th of March 2016 08:21:03 AM
Old 03-26-2016
Thank you very much.... works great Smilie.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cut specific fields from a file containing multiline records

Hi, I am looking for a method to get column13 to column 50 data from the 1st line of a multiline reord. The records are stored in a large file and are separated by newline. sample format is (data in red is to be extracted) <header> A001dfhskhfkdsh hajfhksdhfjh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunayana3112
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut 2 fields and write to a output file

Hi, I am writing a code where the file is a pipe delimited and I would need to extract the 2nd part of field2 if it is "ATTN", "C/O" or "%" and check to see if field9 is populated or not. If field9 is already populated then leave it as is but if field9 is not populated then take the 2nd part of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msalam65
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

selecting specific fields in a file (maybe with sed?)

Hi, I have a file with following lines: chr1 10 AC=2;AF=1.00;AN=2;DP=2;Dels=0.00;HRun=0;HaplotypeScore=0.00;MQ=23.00;MQ0=0;QD=14.33;SB=-10.01 chrX 18 AB=0.52;AC=1;AF=0.50;AN=2;DP=203;DS;Dels=0.00;HRun=0;HaplotypeScore=20.01;MQ=15.63;MQ0=85;QD=12.80;SB=-1289.58 I need to extract 4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: menenuh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Parse Hex file into fields

Hi, I want to split/parse certain bits of the hex data into another field. Example: Input data is Word1: 4f72abfd Output: Parse bits (5 to 0) into field word1data1=0x00cd=205 decimal Parse bits (7 to 6) into field word1data2=0x000c=12 decimal etc. Word2: efff3d02 Parse bits (13 to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: morrbie
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using sed delete a line from csv file based on specific data in two separate fields

Hello, :wall: I have a 12 column csv file. I wish to delete the entire line if column 7 = hello and column 12 = goodbye. I have tried everything that I can find in all of my ref books. I know this does not work /^*,*,*,*,*,*,"hello",*,*,*,*,"goodbye"/d Any ideas? Thanks Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chris Eagleson
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture specific fields in file

Dear Friends, I have a file a.txt 1|3478.12|487|4578.04|4505.5478|rhfj|rehtire|rhj I want to get the field numbers which have decimal values output: Fields: 2,4,5 Plz help (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read the file and generate specific fields by awk

Hi I need to generate these output file from the below input file. Output : customer_id as customer, zip as zip_cd, catg_cd as catg, Input: out.customer::in.customer_id; out.zip_cd::in.zip; out.catg::in.catg_cd; Could you please help me on this. Please use code tags next... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Murugesh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file for fields and specific text

I have a file of ~500,000 entries in the following: file.txt chr1 11868 12227 ENSG00000223972.5 . + HAVANA exon . gene_id "ENSG00000223972.5"; transcript_id "ENST00000456328.2"; gene_type "transcribed_unprocessed_pseudogene"; gene_status "KNOWN"; gene_name "DDX11L1"; transcript_type... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to output match and mismatch with count using specific fields

In the below awk I am trying output to one file those lines that match between $2,$3,$4 of file1 and file2 with the count in (). I am also trying to output those lines that are missing between $2,$3,$4 of file1 and file2 with the count of in () each. Both input files are tab-delimited, but the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extracting specific fields from an XML file

Hello All, I have a requirement to split the input.xml file different files and i have tried using earlier examples(where i have posted in the forum), but still no luck Here is my input.xml <jms-system-resource> <name>UMSJMSSystemResource</name> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siv51427882
4 Replies
FITCIRCLE(l)															      FITCIRCLE(l)

NAME
fitcircle - find mean position and pole of best-fit great [or small] circle to points on a sphere. SYNOPSIS
fitcircle [ xyfile ] -Lnorm [ -H[nrec] ] [ -S ] [ -V ] [ -: ] [ -bi[s][n] ] DESCRIPTION
fitcircle reads lon,lat [or lat,lon] values from the first two columns on standard input [or xyfile]. These are converted to cartesian three-vectors on the unit sphere. Then two locations are found: the mean of the input positions, and the pole to the great circle which best fits the input positions. The user may choose one or both of two possible solutions to this problem. The first is called -L1 and the second is called -L2. When the data are closely grouped along a great circle both solutions are similar. If the data have large dispersion, the pole to the great circle will be less well determined than the mean. Compare both solutions as a qualitative check. The -L1 solution is so called because it approximates the minimization of the sum of absolute values of cosines of angular distances. This solution finds the mean position as the Fisher average of the data, and the pole position as the Fisher average of the cross-products between the mean and the data. Averaging cross-products gives weight to points in proportion to their distance from the mean, analogous to the "leverage" of distant points in linear regression in the plane. The -L2 solution is so called because it approximates the minimization of the sum of squares of cosines of angular distances. It creates a 3 by 3 matrix of sums of squares of components of the data vectors. The eigenvectors of this matrix give the mean and pole locations. This method may be more subject to roundoff errors when there are thousands of data. The pole is given by the eigenvector corresponding to the smallest eigenvalue; it is the least-well represented factor in the data and is not easily estimated by either method. -L Specify the desired norm as 1 or 2, or use -L or -L3 to see both solutions. OPTIONS
xyfile ASCII [or binary, see -b] file containing lon,lat [lat,lon] values in the first 2 columns. If no file is specified, fitcircle will read from standard input. -H Input file(s) has Header record(s). Number of header records can be changed by editing your .gmtdefaults file. If used, GMT default is 1 header record. -S Attempt to fit a small circle instead of a great circle. The pole will be constrained to lie on the great circle connecting the pole of the best-fit great circle and the mean location of the data. -V Selects verbose mode, which will send progress reports to stderr [Default runs "silently"]. -: Toggles between (longitude,latitude) and (latitude,longitude) input/output. [Default is (longitude,latitude)]. Applies to geo- graphic coordinates only. -bi Selects binary input. Append s for single precision [Default is double]. Append n for the number of columns in the binary file(s). [Default is 2 input columns]. EXAMPLES
Suppose you have lon,lat,grav data along a twisty ship track in the file ship.xyg. You want to project this data onto a great circle and resample it in distance, in order to filter it or check its spectrum. Try: fitcircle ship.xyg -L2 project ship.xyg -Cox/oy -Tpx/py -S -pz | sample1d -S-100 -I1 > output.pg Here, ox/oy is the lon/lat of the mean from fitcircle, and px/py is the lon/lat of the pole. The file output.pg has distance, gravity data sampled every 1 km along the great circle which best fits ship.xyg SEE ALSO
gmt(1gmt), project(1gmt), sample1d(1gmt) 1 Jan 2004 FITCIRCLE(l)