Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Printing awk outputs
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Printing awk outputs Post 302969663 by EAGL€ on Friday 25th of March 2016 10:55:33 AM
Old 03-25-2016
Printing awk outputs

Hello All,

I have the following command which works partially:

Code:
gzcat *2016-03-25_*gz | gawk -F"|" '
BEGIN{format = "%-10s %-13s %-17s %-35s\n"; 
printf format, "EVENT_TYPE","RESPONSE_CODE","INTERNAL_ERR_CODE","FLOWNAME"; 
printf format, "----------", "-------------", "-----------------", "-----------------------------------"}
{if(( $5 == 2001 ) && ( $8 != 0 ) && ( $12 ~ "fulfillService" )) printf format, $5,$8,$9,$(NF-1)}' 
| sort | uniq -c

And its output is :

Code:
   1 ---------- ------------- ----------------- -----------------------------------
   2 2001       -2            100               refillVoucherless                  
   1 2001       -2            320001            deactivateBBService                
   1 2001       -3            -3                updateDataOfferSelectionRetrieve   
   2 2001       -3            104               refillVoucherless                  
5259 2001       -3            114               refillVoucherless                  
13482 2001       -3            115               refillVoucherless                  
   1 2001       -3            4020123           updateDataOfferSelection           
   1 2001       -4            1002              setHLRSub                          
  26 2001       -4            11111             addAndActivateService              
  12 2001       -4            13                setHLRSub                          
 267 2001       99            0                 updateDataOfferSelectionRetrieve   
   1 EVENT_TYPE RESPONSE_CODE INTERNAL_ERR_CODE FLOWNAME

I guess "Sorting" after gawk command does mix things up and cause the output which I don't want. How could I print output like the following? Should I get rid of Sort and use something inside gawk? if so I would appreciate your help very much.

Code:
   1 EVENT_TYPE RESPONSE_CODE INTERNAL_ERR_CODE FLOWNAME  
   1 ---------- ------------- ----------------- -----------------------------------
   2 2001       -2            100               refillVoucherless                  
   1 2001       -2            320001            deactivateBBService   
   .  ..... .......... ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK printing

Hello, I am trying to write a formatted report into a file using .ksh script and awk. Here is the command I am trying to run echo "before awk" ${SRC_SCHEMA} echo | awk '{printf "%-20s", ${SRC_SCHEMA} }' >>$REPORT_SQL_NAME I get the following error before awk ADW awk: 0602-562 Field $()... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fastgoon
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing outputs using awk.

I have a output of a command like this. the command is : bdf|sed '/^e/d'|awk '{print$2/1048576}' output : 0 0.515625 0.481979 2 2 2 7.8125 4 2 0.488281 7.8125 3.90625 4 1.95312 1 0.488281 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Printing

i have a file and i want to print the second variable and add qoutes to it i do awk -F"|" '{print $2}' star.unl. i get the output xxxxxxx but i need the variable($2) to be in quotes.like "xxxxxxx" how do i do there please (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK printing

i have a file containing a line 123456 is it possible to use AWK to print it out to look like 1 2 3 4 5 6 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store multiple outputs from an awk command?

x=`echo $line | awk -F "|" '{print $1;print NR}'` How will I get the 2 return values ($1 and NR) from awk to variables? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tene
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

create outputs from other command outputs

hi friends, The code: i=1 while do filename=`/usr/bin/ls -l| awk '{ print $9}'` echo $filename>>summary.csv #Gives the name of the file stored at column 9 count=`wc -l $filename | awk '{print $1}'` echo $count>>summary.csv #Gives just the count of lines of file "filename" i=`expr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk printing help

Hallo, i have a file which looks like this: $1 $2 $3 Student1 55 Pass 55 Pass 35 Fail Student2 55 Pass 55 Pass 35 Fail i want that the $1 field... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint2006
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array in awk outputs multiple values

Disclaimer: OP is 100% Awk beginner. I use this code on ASCII files I need to report against. awk 'BEGIN { tokens = 0 tokens = 0 tokens = 0 } { for (token in tokens) { if ($1 == token){print $0; tokens++;}}} END {for (token in tokens){ if( tokens ==... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK - Different outputs *Question*

I'm having a small issue with AWK: I run this in PUTTY: awk 'BEGIN{FS=","}NR==FNR{A=$1;next}{if (A==$1) print $0}' FILE1 FILE2 And it gives me the output that I expect. I wanted to create a file.awk file that i could just run instead of typing this out all the time. But its not giving my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WongSifu
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk giving different outputs each time

I have a strange issue. (awk '$3 == "nfs" { cnt++ }; END { print cnt }' /etc/fstab) This is giving different count each time. To test this, tried the one here -bash-3.2$ awk '/nfs/{print $2}' /etc/fstab | wc -l 151 -bash-3.2$ awk '/nfs/{print $2}' /etc/fstab | wc -l 145... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshmsi
6 Replies
DPKG-AWK(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DPKG-AWK(1)

NAME
dpkg-awk - Utility to read a dpkg style db file SYNOPSIS
dpkg-awk [(-f|--file) filename] [(-d|--debug) ##] [(-s|--sort) list] [(-rs|--rec_sep) ??] '<fieldname>:<regex>' ... -- <out_fieldname> .. DESCRIPTION
dpkg-awk Parses a dpkg status file (or other similarly formatted file) and outputs the resulting records. It can use regex on the field values to limit the returned records, it can also be told which fields to output, and it can sort the matched fields. OPTIONS
-f filename --file filename The file to parse. The default is /var/lib/dpkg/status. -d [#] --debug [#] Each time this is specified, it increased the debug level. -s field(s) --sort field(s) A space or comma separated list of fields to sort on. -n field(s) --numeric field(s) A space or comma separated list of fields that should be interpreted as numeric in value. -rs ?? --rec_sep ?? Output this string at the end of each output paragraph. -h --help Display some help. fieldname The fields from the file, that are matched with the regex given. The fieldnames are case insensitive. out_fieldname The fields from the file, that are output for each record. If the first field listed begins with ^, then the list of fields that follows will NOT be output. BUGS
Be warned that the author has only a shallow understanding of the dpkg packaging system, so there are probably tons of bugs in this pro- gram. This program comes with no warranties. If running this program causes fire and brimstone to rain down upon the earth, you will be on your own. This program accesses the dpkg database directly in places, querying for data that cannot be gotten via dpkg. AUTHOR
Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> DEBIAN
Debian Utilities DPKG-AWK(1)