Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modifying an awk script for syllable splitting Post 302969636 by gimley on Thursday 24th of March 2016 09:38:06 PM
Old 03-24-2016
Many thanks for the useful pointers. I am trying to divide words in Indian languages which are romanised into English. These follow slightly different rules. But some of the rules you have provided apply to the transliterations also. The rules you have provided have given me a better insight into how the splitter should work.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk modifying entries on 2 lines at 2 positions

Hi this script adds text in the correct place on one line only, in a script. awk 'BEGIN{ printf "Enter residue and chain information: " getline var < "-" split(var,a) } /-s rec:/{$7=a; } {print}' FLXDOCK but I need the same info added at position 7 on line 34 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gav2251
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

modifying a awk line

Hi, I want to print specific columns (from 201 to 1001). The line that I am using is listed below. However I also want to print column 1. So column 1 and 201 to 1001. What modifcations do I need to make? Code: awk -F'\t' 'BEGIN {min = 201; max = 1001 }{for (i=min; i<=max; i++) printf... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK script for programatically modifying java files

Hi, I want to add a String variable to all java classes in my project. Assuming a class like public class Random { String var="Constant string"; ... ... ... } The text in bold is what I want to add to all java files in my workspace. I am an absolute newbie to AWK, and read somewhere that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker86
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Understanding / Modifying AWK command

Hey all, So I have an AWK command here awk '{if(FNR==NR) {arr++;next} if($0 in arr) { arr--; if (arr == 0) delete arr;next}{print $0 >"list2output.csv"}} END {for(i in arr){print i >"list1output.csv"}}' list1 list2 (refer to image for a more readable format) This code was submitted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script for modifying the file

I have the records in the format one row 0009714494919I MY010727408948010 NNNNNN N PUSAAR727408948010 R007YM08705 9602002 S 111+0360832-0937348 I want to get it int the format 0009714494919I MY010727408948010 NNNNNN N PUSAAR727408948010 R007YM08705 9602002 S ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonam273
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying awk code to be inside condition

I have the following awk script and I want to change it to be inside a condition for the file extension. ################################################################################ # abs: Returns the absolute value of a number function abs(val) { return val > 0 ? val \ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need some help modifying script

I have a script that currently runs fine and I need to add or || (or) condition to the if statement and I'm not sure the exact syntax as it relates to the use of brackets. my current script starts like this: errLog="/usr/local/website-logs/error.log" apacheRestart="service httpd restart"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjj0923
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Modifying columns based on comparison

Hi, I have following input in the file in which i want to club the entries based on $1. Also $11 is equal to $13 of other record(where $13 must be on higher side for any $1) then sum all other fields except $11 & $13. Final output required is as follows: INPUTFILE: ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
11 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)