Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Format column datas
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Format column datas Post 302969405 by hhdzhu on Tuesday 22nd of March 2016 11:45:42 AM
Old 03-22-2016
thank you for the help!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

select datas from an input file

I have a file containing a list of references and I want to run a script that will make the same action for each reference. The input file changes every hour, it's why I want to use a script that can read in a file, record by record, and run a specific action for the reference readed. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dde
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Blank characters between Datas

Hello, I read a file whose in lines are datas and between thses datas there is blank characters (10, 12 or 5 or 1 .......) So when i use the command while read line in the script(see under) there is also only one character between the datas and the others blank characters are not here. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: steiner
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format a column of text

Hi I have a LONG ! column of text and I would like to format this into several columns. so from this abcd efgh ijkl mnop qrst uvwx yz12 to this abcd efgh ijkl mnop qrstu vwx yz12 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlucas
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK CSV to TXT format, TXT file not in a correct column format

HI guys, I have created a script to read 1 column in a csv file and then place it in text file. However, when i checked out the text file, it is not in a column format... Example: CSV file contains name,age aa,11 bb,22 cc,33 After using awk to get first column TXT file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdap
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to format a column

Hi everybody I want to manipulate the output of this command: df -h to something like this: df -h | awk '{print"\t\t "$1"\t\t"$6"\t\t"$2"\t\t" $4}' | sed 's/Mounted/Mount Point/g' | sed 's/Avail/Free Space/g'but my problem is: if for example the mounting point is a long name everything beside... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ialbert
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

arranging datas if input file is not having also...!!

hi, my input file is containg uid, eriMaster ,eriResign, ericontry, dept. some of the uid are not having all info. out put should include all info irrespctive of datas of input file if any one data is missing, then it has to print Null or zero..then continue with the existing one. here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hegdeshashi
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format Column

I need a script that takes it input wither it be from a file or inputed as variables and sort that into three columns. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prottheman
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print separated datas

Hi People !! I need your help. I have a a txt file "example" with it datas. 11:35 10/12/2003 10.10.10.1 God.com 5 country Responsable of ASN 11:37 12/12/2003 10.10.10.1 FATHER.COM 5 country Responsable of ASN 11:40 14/12/2003 10.10.10.3 www.mother 6... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ras
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing datas in two excel file

Hi All, i have two excel sheets with same column name as below col1 col2 col3 ---- ---- ----- 1 121 156 24 456 788 45 444 777 765 32 77 col1 col2 col3 ---- ---- ----- 24 456 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
1 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to display in column format?

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I would like to know how to display my output to this format below: 5000 Bash 300 zsh 0 sh ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scopiop
4 Replies
HTML::FormatText(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       HTML::FormatText(3)

NAME
HTML::FormatText - Format HTML as plaintext VERSION
version 2.11 SYNOPSIS
use HTML::TreeBuilder; $tree = HTML::TreeBuilder->new->parse_file("test.html"); use HTML::FormatText; $formatter = HTML::FormatText->new(leftmargin => 0, rightmargin => 50); print $formatter->format($tree); or, more simply: use HTML::FormatText; my $string = HTML::FormatText->format_file( 'test.html', leftmargin => 0, rightmargin => 50 ); DESCRIPTION
HTML::FormatText is a formatter that outputs plain latin1 text. All character attributes (bold/italic/underline) are ignored. Formatting of HTML tables and forms is not implemented. HTML::FormatText is built on HTML::Formatter and documentation for that module applies to this - especially "new" in HTML::Formatter, "format_file" in HTML::Formatter and "format_string" in HTML::Formatter. You might specify the following parameters when constructing the formatter: leftmargin (alias lm) The column of the left margin. The default is 3. rightmargin (alias rm) The column of the right margin. The default is 72. SEE ALSO
HTML::Formatter INSTALLATION
See perlmodinstall for information and options on installing Perl modules. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
You can make new bug reports, and view existing ones, through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=HTML-Format>. AVAILABILITY
The project homepage is <https://metacpan.org/release/HTML-Format>. The latest version of this module is available from the Comprehensive Perl Archive Network (CPAN). Visit <http://www.perl.com/CPAN/> to find a CPAN site near you, or see <https://metacpan.org/module/HTML::Format/>. AUTHORS
o Nigel Metheringham <nigelm@cpan.org> o Sean M Burke <sburke@cpan.org> o Gisle Aas <gisle@ActiveState.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2013 by Nigel Metheringham, 2002-2005 Sean M Burke, 1999-2002 Gisle Aas. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.18.2 2017-10-06 HTML::FormatText(3)