Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RHEL 6 :: update to GLIBCXX_3.4.19 ?? Post 302969391 by stevie_velvet on Tuesday 22nd of March 2016 08:07:36 AM
Old 03-22-2016
you would have to check with rhn to see whats available -
on the centos side, the latest is glibc-2.12-1.166
..or wait for 6.8 - it's in beta

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to update RHEL

Hi, i am using RHEL 4.0 ES i want to reinstall all software + kernal from distribution pack, because i think some of software get corrupted. like yum/up2date throwing library error. so i want to reinstall them from pack. what option to do same direct from CD. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonirajesh
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

Difference between RHEL 3 AND RHEL 4

Anybody, let me know major differences between RHEL 3 & 4 . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthi_13
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Apache,php,mysql, and jdk 1.6 update 20 installation on RHEL 5.5

I want to install Apache (version 2.2.X), php (version 5.3.X),mysql (version 5.5.X) on RHEL 5.5. Guide re. site address for download all rpm. X = latest version. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasdaax
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Does RHEL 5 provide a command to collect RHEL system log in single compress file?

Hi, I heard a command that can collect all RHEL 5 log in a single compress file before I forget. Does any body know...What the command is ? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

`GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found

Hi, I am using redhat 5.5. Apache 2.2.23 version. I need to install SPDY module on my webserver. I installed every dependecy required by that SPDY module. When i installed it and tried to restart webserver, i am getting the following error message: Syntax error on line 1 of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manideep
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Get latest update for RHEL systems

Hi all, I want to get latest package updates for my RHEL systems. I don't any account with RHN so that I can get updates from there. All I'm interested in knowing is that is it possible to get package updates without registering with RHN. And If yes then how. I have read about RHN satellite and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Darshan Parab
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL 6, Spacewalk 2.3 unable to download RHEL 5 repo data

Hello all, I am having a bit of an issue on my Spacewalk installation. Some amplifying information is that it is Spacewalk 2.3 installed on a RHEL 6 machine and I am attempting to install/update a RHEL 5 channel/repository. I am fairly new to Spacewalk so I am still learning but this is what I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstone4646
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows->RHEL->RHEL X11 Forwarding?

I know this question might have been asked a lot but couldn't find anything that worked. From a windows machine 'A' I can only SSH into Linux server 'B' from where I can SSH into another Linux server 'C'. I need to be able to run GUI interfaces on server C which run on my Windows machine. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hr.prasan
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Is it possible to install RHEL 7 on top of RHEL 6?

Hi We have RHEL 6.7 on an HP physical server and want to install RHEL 7 (not upgrade) on top of it by means of virtualization. Is it possible to install/configure RHEV/KVM virtualization on base RHEL 6.7 OS instance and then install RHEL 7 as a VM guest on it? If yes, could you please guide me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magnus29
1 Replies
update(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 update(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
update - Process pending events and idle callbacks SYNOPSIS
update ?idletasks? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is used to bring the application "up to date" by entering the event loop repeatedly until all pending events (including idle callbacks) have been processed. If the idletasks keyword is specified as an argument to the command, then no new events or errors are processed; only idle callbacks are invoked. This causes operations that are normally deferred, such as display updates and window layout calculations, to be performed imme- diately. The update idletasks command is useful in scripts where changes have been made to the application's state and you want those changes to appear on the display immediately, rather than waiting for the script to complete. Most display updates are performed as idle callbacks, so update idletasks will cause them to run. However, there are some kinds of updates that only happen in response to events, such as those triggered by window size changes; these updates will not occur in update idletasks. The update command with no options is useful in scripts where you are performing a long-running computation but you still want the applica- tion to respond to events such as user interactions; if you occasionally call update then user input will be processed during the next call to update. EXAMPLE
Run computations for about a second and then finish: set x 1000 set done 0 after 1000 set done 1 while {!$done} { # A very silly example! set x [expr {log($x) ** 2.8}] # Test to see if our time-limit has been hit. This would # also give a chance for serving network sockets and, if # the Tk package is loaded, updating a user interface. update } SEE ALSO
after(n), interp(n) KEYWORDS
event, flush, handler, idle, update Tcl 7.5 update(n)