Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract pattern from text
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract pattern from text Post 302969244 by RudiC on Sunday 20th of March 2016 12:30:17 PM
Old 03-20-2016
Are those <new line>s real or just artefacts due to you NOT using code tags? If artefacts, try
Code:
grep -o "D 8888 4[43] [^ ]*" file4 
D 8888 43 BBBBBBBBBBBBBB
D 8888 44 AAAAA4FFBBBBBB
D 8888 44 CCCCCCCCCCCCCC
D 8888 43 EEEEEEEEEEEEEE
D 8888 43 FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Why is the EEEEE line missing in your output sample?
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract pattern from text line

Gents, from these sample lines: ZUCR.MI ZUCCHI SPA RISP NC 2,5000 6 ott 0,0000 ZV.MI ZIGNAGO VETRO 3,6475 16:36 Up 0,0075 is it possible to get this: ZUCR.MI 2,5000 ZV.MI 3,6475 i.e. the first field, a separator and the first decimal number? (in Europe we... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vampirodolce
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, the text line looks like this: "test1" " " "test2" "test3" "test4" "10" "test 10 12" "00:05:58" "filename.bin" "3.3MB" "/dir/name" "18459" what's the best way to select any of it? So I can for example get only the time or size and so on. I was trying awk -F""" '{print $N}' but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
3 Replies

3. Programming

c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file

needa c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file. and then storing them in to diffrent variables ? text file like 0: abc.txt ========= aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukretiabhi13
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

The text line has the following formats: what.ever.bla.bla.C01G06.BLA.BLA2 what.ever.bla.bla.C11G33.BLA.BLA2 what.ever.bla.bla.01x03.BLA.BLA2 what.ever.bla.bla.03x05.BLA.BLA2 what.ever.bla.bla.Part01.BLA.BLA2 and other similar ones, I need a way to select the "what.ever.bla.bla" part out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: Find start of pattern and extract text to end of line, including the pattern

This is my first post, please be nice. I have tried to google and read different tutorials. The task at hand is: Input file input.txt (example) abc123defhij-E-1234jslo 456ujs-W-abXjklp From this file the task is to grep the -E- and -W- strings that are unique and write a new file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestTomas
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract unique pattern from large text file

Hi All, I am trying to extract data from a large text file , I want to extract lines which contains a five digit number followed by a hyphen , like 12345- , i tried with egrep ,eg : egrep "+" text.txt but which returns all the lines which contains any number of digits followed by hyhen ,... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: shijujoe
19 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern,extract value(s) from next line, extract lines having those extracted value(s)

I have hundreds of files to process. In each file I need to look for a pattern then extract value(s) from next line and then search for value(s) selected from point (2) in the same file at a specific position. HEADER ELECTRON TRANSPORT 18-MAR-98 1A7V TITLE CYTOCHROME... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific line in an html file starting and ending with specific pattern to a text file

Hi This is my first post and I'm just a beginner. So please be nice to me. I have a couple of html files where a pattern beginning with "http://www.site.com" and ending with "/resource.dat" is present on every 241st line. How do I extract this to a new text file? I have tried sed -n 241,241p... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavo
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract all the sentences from a text file that matches a pattern list

Hi I have a big text file. I want to extract all the sentences that matches at least 70% (seventy percent) of the words from each sentence based on a word list called A. Say the format of the text file is as given below: This is the first sentence which consists of fifteen words... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract whole word preceding a specific character pattern with first occurence of the pattern

Hello. Here is a file contents : declare -Ax NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY=(="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" .................. ="§"Here is a pattern =I want to extract 'NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY' which is the whole word before the first occurrence of pattern '=' Is there a better solution than mine :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
libapache2-mod-perl2-2.0.7::docs::api::Apache2::URI(3pm)User Contributed Perl Documentatiolibapache2-mod-perl2-2.0.7::docs::api::Apache2::URI(3pm)

NAME
Apache2::URI - Perl API for manipulating URIs Synopsis use Apache2::URI (); $hostport = $r->construct_server(); $hostport = $r->construct_server($hostname); $hostport = $r->construct_server($hostname, $port); $hostport = $r->construct_server($hostname, $port, $pool); $url = $r->construct_url(); $url = $r->construct_url($rel_uri); $url = $r->construct_url($rel_uri, $pool); $parsed_uri = $r->parse_uri($uri); $parsed_uri = $r->parsed_uri(); $url = join '%20', qw(one two three); Apache2::URI::unescape_url($url); Description While "APR::URI" provides a generic API to dissect, adjust and put together any given URI string, "Apache2::URI" provides an API specific to Apache, by taking the information directly from the $r object. Therefore when manipulating the URI of the current HTTP request usually methods from both classes are used. API
"Apache2::URI" provides the following functions and methods: "construct_server" Construct a string made of hostname and port $hostport = $r->construct_server(); $hostport = $r->construct_server($hostname); $hostport = $r->construct_server($hostname, $port); $hostport = $r->construct_server($hostname, $port, $pool); obj: $r ( "Apache2::RequestRec object" ) The current request object opt arg1: $hostname ( string ) The hostname of the server. If that argument is not passed, "$r->get_server_name" is used. opt arg2: $port ( string ) The port the server is running on. If that argument is not passed, "$r->get_server_port" is used. opt arg3: $pool ( "APR::Pool object" ) The pool to allocate the string from. If that argument is not passed, "$r->pool" is used. ret: $hostport ( string ) The server's hostport string since: 2.0.00 Examples: o Assuming that: $r->get_server_name == "localhost"; $r->get_server_port == 8001; The code: $hostport = $r->construct_server(); returns a string: localhost:8001 o The following code sets the values explicitly: $hostport = $r->construct_server("my.example.com", 8888); and it returns a string: my.example.com:8888 "construct_url" Build a fully qualified URL from the uri and information in the request rec: $url = $r->construct_url(); $url = $r->construct_url($rel_uri); $url = $r->construct_url($rel_uri, $pool); obj: $r ( "Apache2::RequestRec object" ) The current request object opt arg1: $rel_uri ( string ) The path to the requested file (it may include a concatenation of path, query and fragment components). If that argument is not passed, "$r->uri" is used. opt arg2: $pool ( "APR::Pool object" ) The pool to allocate the URL from If that argument is not passed, "$r->pool" is used. ret: $url ( string ) A fully qualified URL since: 2.0.00 Examples: o Assuming that the request was http://localhost.localdomain:8529/test?args The code: my $url = $r->construct_url; returns the string: http://localhost.localdomain:8529/test notice that the query (args) component is not in the string. You need to append it manually if it's needed. o Assuming that the request was http://localhost.localdomain:8529/test?args The code: my $rel_uri = "/foo/bar?tar"; my $url = $r->construct_url($rel_uri); returns the string: http://localhost.localdomain:8529/foo/bar?tar "parse_uri" Break apart URI (affecting the current request's uri components) $r->parse_uri($uri); obj: $r ( "Apache2::RequestRec object" ) The current request object arg1: $uri ( string ) The uri to break apart ret: no return value warning: This method has several side-effects explained below since: 2.0.00 This method call has the following side-effects: 1. sets "$r->args" to the rest after '?' if such exists in the passed $uri, otherwise sets it to "undef". 2. sets "$r->uri" to the passed $uri without the "$r->args" part. 3. sets "$r->hostname" (if not set already) using the ("scheme://host:port") parts of the passed $uri. "parsed_uri" Get the current request's parsed uri object my $uri = $r->parsed_uri(); obj: $r ( "Apache2::RequestRec object" ) The current request object ret: $uri ( "APR::URI object" ) The parsed uri since: 2.0.00 This object is suitable for using with "APR::URI::rpath" "unescape_url" Unescape URLs Apache2::URI::unescape_url($url); obj: $url ( string ) The URL to unescape ret: no return value The argument $url is now unescaped since: 2.0.00 Example: my $url = join '%20', qw(one two three); Apache2::URI::unescape_url($url); $url now contains the string: "one two three"; See Also "APR::URI", mod_perl 2.0 documentation. Copyright mod_perl 2.0 and its core modules are copyrighted under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. Authors The mod_perl development team and numerous contributors. perl v5.14.2 2011-02-08 libapache2-mod-perl2-2.0.7::docs::api::Apache2::URI(3pm)