Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to avoid seeing various paths to just one LUN? Post 302968919 by Peasant on Wednesday 16th of March 2016 05:10:26 AM
Old 03-16-2016
Yes, if those are FC luns, you will see one lun in format output.

You will have to reboot tho.

Regards
Peasant.
This User Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

paths

Hi there! People, i'm a new unix user, and i'm having some problems... I'm updating some scripts (korn shell) in different servers. I use telnet to access these servers and emacs to write the scripts. One of them is an HP, and there´s no problem. But the other one is an AIX, and when i call... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caiohn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Paths update

After unpacking a solaris 2.6 package with success, I need to update the paths so I can "see"the new software. The manual shows me what the path should be but I don't have a clue on how to change that. Asking a stupid question makes me look stupid 30 sec. Not asking makes me stupid the rest of my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpote
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create paths

Hello! If I have file like that: AAA ->bbb ->ccc ->ddd ->eee how to create full paths like: AAA->bbb AAA->ccc->ddd AAA->ccc->eee ? (I'm sorry for mistakes - english is not my native language) :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alias47
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Spoofing paths.

There is a program that I am trying to run on a shell account. It depends on another program, which I have also copied to the shell account. Both are in my home directory, yet the first program has a different path hardcoded into it, which I cannot use because of permissions problems. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahadsadah
3 Replies

5. AIX

Storage paths

Have connected a non-IBM storage device to AIX host via fibre channel. If the storage is rebooted or a raid controller fails over whilst connected to the host, the paths that drop do not come back online when the ports become active again. I have tried enabling dynamic tracking and delayed_fail... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Storeman
3 Replies

6. Solaris

I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID?

I have a list of LUN ID, my task is to find if disk has been added or not. How do I do that? I have been searching the forum and not able to find answer. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Possible Career Paths

I've read through a couple of forum posts on Career issues but wanted to get some feedback that may be more personalized and whatnot. I am brand new to the world of UNIX and Linux and while I am finding the learning curve rather steep, I find it highly rewarding and am overall enjoying the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: huntreilly25
2 Replies

8. Programming

Can't find paths.h

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in. I am trying to compile logsurfer. After I run configure and the make, I get a complaint that paths.h is not found. I see three places where there is a paths.h: /usr/include/pgsql/server/optimizer/paths.h... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brownwrap
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Mpathadm showing no paths to 1 lun, others luns are fine

Hi, I've noticed that mpathadm states that one of our luns has no active paths: /dev/rdsk/c6t60000970000298700009533031324333d0s2 Total Path Count: 4 Operational Path Count: 4 /dev/rdsk/c6t60000970000298700009533031333037d0s2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
3 Replies

10. AIX

Changing AIX LUN paths

Hello, Looking for some guidance to changing how an AIX 6.1 server sees its luns. Presently they're connected via 1GB iscsi but I want to change it to 4GB fiber channel. Anyone done this before and if so is it an easy step? I'm thinking this can be done in this order: unmount the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
5 Replies
HALT(8) 							       halt								   HALT(8)

NAME
halt, poweroff, reboot - Halt, power-off or reboot the machine SYNOPSIS
halt [OPTIONS...] poweroff [OPTIONS...] reboot [OPTIONS...] DESCRIPTION
halt, poweroff, reboot may be used to halt, power-off or reboot the machine. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --help Prints a short help text and exits. --halt Halt the machine, regardless of which one of the three commands is invoked. -p, --poweroff Power-off the machine, regardless of which one of the three commands is invoked. --reboot Reboot the machine, regardless of which one of the three commands is invoked. -f, --force Force immediate halt, power-off, reboot. Do not contact the init system. -w, --wtmp-only Only write wtmp shutdown entry, do not actually halt, power-off, reboot. -d, --no-wtmp Do not write wtmp shutdown entry. --no-wall Do not send wall message before halt, power-off, reboot. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. NOTES
These are legacy commands available for compatibility only. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1), shutdown(8), wall(1) systemd 208 HALT(8)