Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract lines from a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract lines from a file Post 302968756 by RudiC on Monday 14th of March 2016 06:53:23 AM
Old 03-14-2016
Then, invert the logics!
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract a range of lines from a file

I am reading a file that contains over 5000 lines and I want to assign it to a shell variable array (which has a restriction of 1024 rows). I had an idea that if I could grab 1000 record hunks of the file, and pipe the records out, that I could perform a loop until I got to the end and process 1000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beilstwh
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a sequence of n lines from a file

Hi I want to be able to extract a sequence of n lines from a file. ideas, commands and suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines from a file automatically. Please a Help

hello, hope you can help me: ive got a file called archivos The content or structure of this file is ./chu0/filechu ./chu1/filechu I extract each line from this file manually and redirect to a file, and it Works fine, so the command line is: awk ‘/chu0/ {print $0}' < archivos >... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract particular lines from text file

I have two files file A which have a number in every row and file B which contains few hundred thousand rows with about 300 characters in each row (csv) What I need is to extract whole rows from B file (only these which numbers are indicated in A file) I also need to use cygwin. Any... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunio
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract the lines from input file

This is the sample input file b 05/Jul/2010:07:00:10 a 05/Jul/2010:06:00:10 b 05/Jul/2010:07:00:10 c 05/Jul/2010:07:10:10 d 05/Jul/2010:08:00:10 e 05/Jul/2010:09:00:10 f 05/Jul/2010:10:00:10 h 05/Jul/2010:11:00:10 i 05/Jul/2010:12:00:10 j ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract some lines from one file and add those lines to current file

hi, i have two files. file1.sh echo "unix" echo "linux" file2.sh echo "unix linux forums" now the output i need is $./file2.sh unix linux forums (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snreddy_gopu
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract particular lines from a file

Hi all, I have a file with many records with information as given below ID A16L2_HUMAN Reviewed; 619 AA. AC Q8NAA4; A5PL30; B2RPK5; Q658V4; Q6PID3; Q8NBG0; DT 20-MAY-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 20-MAY-2008, sequence version 2. DT ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaav06
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract certain lines from a file?

Hi guys I have a several thousands line file in the following format: n817 -------------------------------------------------- n842 -------------------------------------------------- n877 -------------------------------------------------- n513 /bb/data/rmt2db.lrl:JBSKDB 31915 75... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to extract certain lines from big file

Hi All, I am trying to get some lines from a file i did it with while-do-loop. since the files are huge it is taking much time. now i want to make it faster. The requirement is the file will be having 1 million lines. The format is like below. ##transaction, , , ,blah, blah... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad man
38 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract lines that have entries in VI file

Dears experts i have UNIX file that contain 4 million lines , i need to extract all lines that have entiries saved in VI file , i have below comand but it takes tooooo long time : for i in `cat file1.csv`; do cat dump | grep -i $i >> file2.csv; done where : file1.csv = VI file that... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: is2_egypt
12 Replies
pocompendium(1) 					      Translate Toolkit 1.3.0						   pocompendium(1)

NAME
pocompendium - Create a PO compendium from a directory of PO files. SYNOPSIS
pocompendium [options] output.po <-d po-directory(ies)|po-file(s)> DESCRIPTION
Takes a directory of translated PO files and creates a single PO files called a PO compendium. This compendium can be used to review word choice conflicts or as input during a merge using pomigrate(1). OPTIONS
-v, --invert creates an inverse compendium with msgid and msgstr swapped -e, --errors only ouput message bundles that have conflicts -c, --correct only ouput message bundles that are correctly translated -i, --ignore-case drops all strings to lowercase -st, -tilde, --strip-accel-amp remove all & style accelerator markers -sa, -amp, --strip-accel-tilde remove all ~ style accelerator markers -su, --strip-accel-under remove all _ style accelerator markers EXAMPLES
Compendium creation create a compendium with all your translations to use as input during a message merge either when migrating an existing project or starting a new one. Conflicting translations use --errors to find where you have translated an English string differently. Many times this is OK but often it will pick up subtle spell- ing mistakes or help you to migrate older translations to a newer choice of words. Conflicting word choice use --invert and --errors to get a compendium file that show how you have used a translated word for different English words. You might have chosen a word that is valid for both of the English expressions but that in the context of computers would cause confusion for the user. You can now easily identify these words and make changes in the underlying translations. Narrowing Results PO files treat slight changes in capitalisation, accelerator, punctuation and whitespace as different translations. In cases 2) and 3) above it is sometimes useful to remove the inconsistencies so that you can focus on the errors in translation not on shifts in capitals. To this end you can use the following: --ignore-case, --strip-accel-amp, --strip-accel-tilde, --strip-accel-under. OPERATION
pocompendium makes use of the Gettext tool msgcat(1) to perform its task. It traverses the PO directories and cat's all found PO files into the single compendium output file. It then uses msgattrib(1) to extract only certain messages, msghack to invert messages and msgfilter(1) to convert messages to lowercase. BUGS
There are some absolute/relative path name issues. Translate Toolkit 1.3.0 pocompendium(1)