Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need a script to create file permission change restriction Post 302968658 by vbe on Saturday 12th of March 2016 01:23:24 PM
Old 03-12-2016
Quote:
With the 'ram' user only we all dba login and do our dba administration activity.
If I were the admin, you would all have your own account and would have to use sudo to that user... I generally then have scripts to log the activity in .sh_history per user ( OK its not perfect and I cannot stop people bypassing or lets say I dont have the time do go and keep on modifying things... and it work in 85%)
Maybe if you explained more what makes those files so special, why they need 700 perms etc.. We could try to think of some alternatives /solutions...
You didnt say what perms were on that home directory too...So we can have a more complete understanding...
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Timestamp of File permission change

Hi!! Experts, Is there any way to find the timestamp when the permission of a file was modified?? I mean no change to file contents.. Just the chnage of permissions. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the default permission of a file

I am creating a file using the UTL_FILE command of oracle. This creates a file with the oracle user id. The file does not have permission for being read by any other user id. Is there a way that I can change this default permission. I tried using umask in the .login. Setting the umask to 022 works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reachsamir
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a file with full permission in unix script

In my script, I am creating a file ----> then writting one line (i.e. Timestamp) ----> then FTP'ing. The same script can be executed by many other users. While other users executing this script, they couldn't Over write this one line (i.e. Timestamp) My expectation So I wanted to create a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbmk_design
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a new user with restriction

Hello, I would to create a new user with some restriction: 1. The user will not be able to CD any directory (I mean he'll login to the defined home directory and that's all). 2. The user will not be able to delete anything in that home directory Thanks a lot in advance, Shahar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shaharoz
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a file with 777 permission.?

Hi Guys, I want to know is there any method to create a file having 777 permission. I am aware of umask, since it is only giving max. 666 permission for files this is not fulfilling my needs. Thanks in advance ---------- Post updated at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:31... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanoop
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the file permission

Guys, I need help. I need to change the .txt file permission after I have reset the file content to 0. The code that reset the file content to 0 is as follows: #!/bin/sh for i in /root/script/*.txt do echo "0" > $i done However, the file is generated by the apache application,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasperux
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Change Permission on a directory after every hour

I want to change the permission of a dir to 777 after every hour in a background process.I do not have the access to the crontab , is there another way of doing it a scrit of some thing like that . Any help will be great. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neeraj617
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to create a script to run as root, permission denied

Hello all, I am trying to create a script or a .command file that will run for me and my other techs on many, many Mac OSX computers that will add a file to the /etc/ folder called /etc/launchd.conf Every time I try to run the script, I get "Permission Denied" when trying to put the file into... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DonnieNarco
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change permission on a file recursively

Hi, this is the structure of the directory /local/home/app/cases under cases directory, below are the sub directories and each directory has files. /local/home/app/cases/1 /local/home/app/cases/2 /local/home/app/cases/3 /local/home/app/cases/4 File types are .txt .sh and so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lookinginfo
5 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD