Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tar on usb device
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Tar on usb device Post 302968288 by hicksd8 on Monday 7th of March 2016 02:12:14 PM
Old 03-07-2016
Everything that Don asked plus:

Do you know what USB standard the ARM 7 hardware and the USB stick is? USB 1, 2 or 3?

From what you describe CPU at 1% utilisation, it sounds like it could be waiting I/O. If either is USB 1 then that could be the problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Saving scripts to usb device

How do I save a script to a pen drive? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginner1
3 Replies

2. Linux

mounting usb device

Hi Folks, I want to know how to mount usb device (cd,dvd etc) in linux, Regards, Manoj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Usb Device

AM TRYING TO CONNECT A USB EXTERNAL DRIVE FOR BACKUP,THE USB SLOT IS AVAILABLE,BUT I DONT KNOW IF IT IS READY WHEN I CONNECT IT,AND WHAT COMMANDS DO I NEED. tHANKS (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
10 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Mounting a USB device with a predetermined name

When I attach a USB storage device to my Solaris server, the mount point is coming up as /rmdisk/unnamed_rmdisk Is there anyway I can have this device come up as a mounted device with a predetermined mount name eg /morespace rather than unnamed_rmdisk ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting a USB device with a persistent name

When I attach a USB storage device to my Solaris server, the mount point is coming up as /rmdisk/unnamed_rmdisk Is there anyway I can have this device come up as a mounted device with a predetermined mount name eg /morespace rather than unnamed_rmdisk ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

safe removal of usb device

hi, I was wondering if there's a way to safely disconnect a usb device from computer, I ask this because in windows when you disconnect a usb pen with the safe removal, the pen light then turns off, while I tried removing the pen with solaris and the light was still on ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freeware
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to Block the USB device

Hi friends, I wanna know how to block USB devices in my RedHat flavor Operating system. regards, Prakash (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakashkumar41
3 Replies

8. Debian

Write permission for USB device

Hello, I need to run an application in wine that requires write permission to a USB device. Wine users must not have root privileges. On FreeBSD this could be accomplished by adding the user to the wheel group but I am using Debian 6.0. From looking at the passwd file it is not obvious what... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

USB Device Identification

In linux system when a pnp usb device is plugged in then how does the system gets a notification of it? I mean to say in linux usb system there is usb host controller above which is host controller driver above which is usb core. So does the host controller/usb core keeps on polling the usb bus... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB device not recognised after re-connect

Hi all unixware 7.1.3 I'm afraid ! I connected a usb tape drive and it was automatically recognised in the device list (sdiconfig -l) and created devices in /dev/rmt (ctape1 etc.). I could successfully read and write to the device. Then unplugged the usb cable and plugged it back in again... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deel
0 Replies
UPLCOM(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						 UPLCOM(4)

NAME
uplcom -- USB support for Prolific PL-2303/2303X/2303HX serial adapters driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device uplcom device ucom Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): uplcom_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The uplcom driver provides support for various serial adapters based on the Prolific PL-2303, PL-2303X and PL-2303HX USB-to-RS232 Bridge chips. The device is accessed through the ucom(4) driver which makes it behave like a tty(4). HARDWARE
The uplcom driver supports the following adapters: o ATEN UC-232A o BAFO BF-800 o BAFO BF-810 o Belkin F5U257 o ELECOM UC-SGT o HAL Corporation Crossam2+USB IR commander o Hama USB RS-232 Serial Adapter o Hamlet exagerate XURS232 o IOGEAR UC-232A o I/O DATA USB-RSAQ o I/O DATA USB-RSAQ2 o I/O DATA USB-RSAQ3 o Mobile Action MA-620 Infrared Adapter o PLANEX USB-RS232 URS-03 o RATOC REX-USB60 o Radio Shack USB Serial Cable o Sandberg USB to Serial Link (model number 133-08) o SOURCENEXT KeikaiDenwa 8 (with and without charger) o Sony Ericsson USB Cable (Susteen USB Data Cable) o Willcom W-SIM DD PHS terminal.(WS002IN) SEE ALSO
tty(4), ucom(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The uplcom driver appeared in NetBSD 1.6. This manual page was adopted from NetBSD by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> in April 2002. BSD
November 22, 2006 BSD