Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Regarding having collections of NICE threads Post 302968150 by hicksd8 on Friday 4th of March 2016 10:56:50 AM
Old 03-04-2016
I take the point but if we're talking about easy access to really helpful information how about setting up a 'members library' of eBooks and similar attachments?

I saw a thread this week (which Neo transferred to VIP Forum) regarding the limits on attachments. After you reach your upload limit you can't upload anymore which can prevent comprehensive answers to questions. You can provide the space for uploading by deleting one or more of your previously uploaded attachments but that can make threads useless for future readers.

For example, here's one of mine regarding EMC to Solaris connectivity:

Connectivity to EMC x4 storage

You can see that I uploaded the eBook in December 2012 and this thread which I answered in January 2016 refers to it. I have also pointed people to this eBook several times in between these dates.

So I wonder whether such uploads can be taken into a members library area (and still be retained on the existing links in threads) or at least be removed from my upload limit so I can continue to provide such eBooks (of which I have collected loads over the years) as answers to other members questions. As with this example, the eBook provides documentation far too big to provide in a post.

Last edited by hicksd8; 03-04-2016 at 12:03 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Very Nice

Just a quick message to say great work to Neo and any others who have helped with the upgrade - the layout, appearance and functionality of this forum ROCKS. By far the best I have seen. Excellent! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alwayslearningunix
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Question regarding nice

If i use nice/renice to increase the priority of any process, will that process get a higher priority when it comes to I/O? If there are two processes waiting on I/O requests, will the process that has a higher priority have its I/O request processes first? This came up in a discussion at work,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
2 Replies

3. Programming

nice command and nice() system call

Hi I want to implement the nice command in the shell that I am building. I came to know that there is a corresponding nice() system call for the same. But since I will be forking different processes to run different commands typed on the command prompt, is there any way I can make a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tejbuch
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Threads and Threads Count ?

Hi all, How can I get the list of all Threads and the Total count of threads under a particular process ? Do suggest !! Awaiting for the replies !! Thanks Varun:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
2 Replies

5. BSD

FreeBSD7.4 Ports Collections

Hi, During OS installation of FreeBSD7.4/i386 I missed to include ports collection. Now when I try with sysinstall command via ftp servers avaliable in tha list it says "unable to open ftp connection. Error:0" Could You Please suggest me the exact site wher I can get ports collection via FTP to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syncing Multiple Music Collections, Can rsync help?

Hello, I have two laptops one office and one personal. The office laptop is a Lenovo T430s 16GB RAM running Windows 7 and the Personal Laptop is a hp Pavilion dm4 Laptop dual booted with Windows 7 and Fedora 14. I have 3 music collections, one on my personal Laptop, one on office Laptop and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
3 Replies
dput(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   dput(1)

NAME
dput - package upload tool for Debian SYNTAX
dput [options] [host] package.changes ... DESCRIPTION
This is a tool for uploading Debian packages into the archive. You may specify to which host it should upload the file by passing it an host argument. If omitted, dput uses the host specified by default_host (or, historically default_host_non-us) configuration option. Also you have to pass the program one or more name of package.changes files and then they will be sequentially uploaded. This program will then upload the package for you into the archive, using a selected upload method. Currently dput supports ftp, scp, rsync, http, https, and local. The method scripts have been split from the main script so it is easy to add new methods. Look in /usr/share/dput/ for examples. Should something go wrong with your upload to destinations using the Debian upload queue daemon (e.g. ftp-master), you can remove files from the upload queue with dcut(1). OPTIONS
-c, --config - define a config file to use. -d, --debug - activate debugging mode, helpful if bugs occur. -D, --dinstall - do a dry run of dinstall after the upload. -f, --force - force an upload of an already uploaded package. -h, --help - print help information and exit. -H, --host-list - print the lists of hosts that dput knows about. -l, --lintian - run lintian before the upload. -U, --no-upload-log - do not write a .upload log file after uploading. -o, --check-only - check only the package and do not upload. -p, --print - print the configuration that dput is using. -P, --passive - use passive ftp instead of active. Note that passive ftp is the default unless specified otherwise in the configuration file. -s, --simulate - simulate an upload only. -u, --unchecked - don't check GnuPG signature on the changes file. -e, --delayed - Upload to a DELAYED queue, rather than the usual Incoming. This takes an argument from 0 to 15. Note that a delay of 0 is different from no delay at all. -v, --version - print version information and exit. -V, --check-version - check if the user has already installed and tested the package before putting it into the archive. ENVIRONMENT
This program doesn't depend on any environment variables. But if the variable USER is set, it will be used. LICENSE
This program is distributed under the terms of the GPL. BUGS
Please send bug reports to the author. FILES
/etc/dput.cf global dput configuration file ~/.dput.cf peruser dput configuration file SEE ALSO
dput.cf(5) dcut(1) /usr/share/doc/dput /usr/share/dput AUTHOR
dput was written Christian Kurz. The current maintainer is Thomas Viehmann <tv@beamnet.de>. Many other people have contributed to this code. See the Thanks file. COMMENTS
The author does appreciate comments and suggestions from you. October 5, 2001 dput(1)