Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Segment fault related to strlen.S Post 302968085 by yifangt on Thursday 3rd of March 2016 02:40:11 PM
Old 03-03-2016
Segmentation fault still there

Thanks achenle, you said it is not a string, but it seems the program has done what I expected except the "segmentation fault" error. Can you please show me the fix, if possible?
Murphy! I made the change, but the error still there!

Last edited by yifangt; 03-07-2016 at 12:07 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problems with Strlen

hello, i have a problem with strlen. I have written this: for(y=13,z=0; cInBuf!=' ';y++) { cBuf=cInBuf; z++; } len = strlen(cBuf); out=len/2; fprintf(outfile,"F%i",out); If strlen is e.g. 22, it write F22. I want to write F2F2. How can i do this?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ACeD
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with the strlen function in ksh

Hello, Just a little problem with the ksh function : strlen I want to use this function in this little ksh program : while read line ; do TOTO=$line TOTONB=strlen($TOTO) echo $TOTONB (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: steiner
3 Replies

3. Programming

Segment Fault

When run it, segment fault. What is wrong? #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> const int max =20; //**************************************************** // Input Matrix //**************************************************** void inMatrixAA(int *AA, int row, int col)... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
9 Replies

4. Programming

'strlen' of a constant string

In a declaration, I have: const char comment_begin = "<!--"; const char comment_end = "-->"; const int comment_begin_len = strlen(comment_begin); const int comment_end_len = strlen(comment_end); When I compile, I get the warnings: emhttpc.c:64: warning: initializer element is not... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleopard
10 Replies

5. Programming

a strange segment fault about ltp-posix test

Hi all In the ltp-posix test,there is a case in open_posix_testsuite\conformance\interfaces\timer_gettime\speculative/6-1.c I run the above code,it will has a segment fault, if I modify it to below,it works well Anybody can tell me why? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

6. Programming

strlen for UTF-8

My OS (Debian) and gcc use the UTF-8 locale. This code says that the char size is 1 byte but the size of 'a' is really 4 bytes. int main(void) { setlocale(LC_ALL, "en_US.UTF-8"); printf("Char size: %i\nSize of char 'a': %i\nSize of Euro sign '€': %i\nLength of Euro sign: %i\n",... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
8 Replies

7. Programming

Data segment or Text segment

Hi, Whether the following piece of code is placed in the read-only memory of code (text) segment or data segment? char *a = "Hello"; I am getting two different answers while searching in google :( that's why the confusion is (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
7 Replies

8. Programming

why segment fault,

I always get segment fault, why? can sb help me and modify it, I have spend on much time on #include <pthread.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/time.h> #include <string.h> #define MAX 10 pthread_t thread; void *thread1() { int *a; int i, n; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

9. Programming

Segment-fault handling for pthreads

Hi I have struggling a week to fix a program , in the begining i got SIGBUS , but after many attempts still the program gets SIGSEGV segment fault , In bellow i post the seg fault log + source codes. would really appreciate if experts help me to fix this segment fault error. any advice is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
2 Replies

10. Programming

Segment fault for C++ program when return vector

I am trying to reverse complement DNA sequence (string) with a short c++ code using boost library. Code was compiled without any warning/error, but ran into Segmentation fault. My guess is the function to return a vector, but not sure. #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string>... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
14 Replies
Pod::WSDL::Fault(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Pod::WSDL::Fault(3pm)

NAME
Pod::WSDL::Fault - Represents the WSDL pod describing the fault of a method (internal use only) SYNOPSIS
use Pod::WSDL::Fault; my $fault = new Pod::WSDL::Fault('_FAULT My::Fault This happens if something happens'); DESCRIPTION
This module is used internally by Pod::WSDL. It is unlikely that you have to interact directly with it. If that is the case, take a look at the code, it is rather simple. METHODS
new Instantiates a new Pod::WSDL::Fault. The method needs one parameter, the fault string from the pod. Please see SYNOPSIS or the section "Pod Syntax" in the description of Pod::WSDL. EXTERNAL DEPENDENCIES
[none] EXAMPLES
see Pod::WSDL BUGS
see Pod::WSDL TODO
see Pod::WSDL SEE ALSO
Pod::WSDL :-) AUTHOR
Tarek Ahmed, <bloerch -the character every email address contains- oelbsk.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006 by Tarek Ahmed This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.5 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.1 2010-12-18 Pod::WSDL::Fault(3pm)