Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to mount a NetApp snapshoot to a Solaris server? Post 302967674 by achenle on Friday 26th of February 2016 07:03:46 AM
Old 02-26-2016
Does the LUN show up in the disks listed by format? And is the new server of the same x86 or SPARC processor family as the new one?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Use DFM Netapp 3.01 R1 on Solaris 8

I have this problem when i integrate a new san switch in DFM 3.01 R1 : dfm fcswitch add switchname1 Error: Host switchname2 (11197) already exists. switchname2 is a similar san switch but in another fabric, switchname2 is already integrated in DFM database. Bests Regards Olivier (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omainfroy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not get netapp to mount RPC Not registered error

getting "NFS mount: netapp : RPC: Program not registered" error searched the site but none of the fixes from previous threads are helping (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: calamine
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How can I mount a ufs filesystem on a solaris 10 sparc onto a Linux server

Hi there, I am trying to mount a SAN volume (which is mapped to solaris sparc) partitioned with ufs filesystem onto a linux (intel processor 64bit) server. *I have re-compiled the linux kernel t support ufs fstype with ro mount support. filesystem on solaris:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilan
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Can't see Netapp LUN on Solaris using LPFC after reboot.

Hi, I've just edited this post. I found the solution for this. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 / NetApp volumes - Forbidden: You don't have permission to access...

Hi all We have a couple of solaris zones running a jboss app in a cluster. Each zone has a shared netapp volume mounted to /app/xxx with everything under that subdir apart from jboss which is local to each zone in /app/jboss-3.2.5 There is a symlink in /app/xxx/jboss-3.2.5 which points to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skewbie
0 Replies

6. Solaris

NFS lookup failed for server netapp

Hi When trying to mount a database from Solaris, we get the error: Feb 10 09:27:22 SUNTEST nfs: NFS lookup failed for server netapp: error 11 (RPC: Server can't decode arguments) Feb 10 09:27:27 SUNTEST nfs: NFS getattr failed for server netapp: error 11 (RPC: Server can't decode... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
0 Replies

7. AIX

CIFS/SMB mount NetApp (Windows) fileshare

Hi guys, I'm trying to mount a windows share (hosted on a NetApp filer with clustered Ontap 8.3) and I have no luck doing it. This worked before when we used an old NetApp with Ontap 7.3. Seems there is an issue with ASCII/non-unicode support. I'm wondering if anybody here has mounted... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikedavis
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unable to mount a clone file system (NetApp)

Hi I have the following difficulty: the NetApp admin has clone one file system from one red hatserver and presented this cloned LUN into another redhat server. I can see the LUN as: fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 64.4 GB, 64424509440 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 7832 cylinders Units =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 NFS client cannot mount a share from a Windows server

I have a Solaris 10 server, I'm trying to mount a share from a Windows nfs server. If I add this entry (tst-walnut:/test_sap_nfs - /majid nfs - yes rw,soft) to my /etc/vfstab, then I can mount, but when I create a file by root:root, the file owner changes to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
1 Replies
BHYVELOAD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      BHYVELOAD(8)

NAME
bhyveload -- load a FreeBSD guest inside a bhyve virtual machine SYNOPSIS
bhyveload [-c cons-dev] [-d disk-path] [-e name=value] [-h host-path] [-m mem-size] vmname DESCRIPTION
bhyveload is used to load a FreeBSD guest inside a bhyve(4) virtual machine. bhyveload is based on loader(8) and will present an interface identical to the FreeBSD loader on the user's terminal. The virtual machine is identified as vmname and will be created if it does not already exist. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -c cons-dev cons-dev is a tty(4) device to use for bhyveload terminal I/O. The text string "stdio" is also accepted and selects the use of unbuffered standard I/O. This is the default value. -d disk-path The disk-path is the pathname of the guest's boot disk image. -e name=value Set the FreeBSD loader environment variable name to value. The option may be used more than once to set more than one environment variable. -h host-path The host-path is the directory at the top of the guest's boot filesystem. -m mem-size [K|k|M|m|G|g|T|t] mem-size is the amount of memory allocated to the guest. The mem-size argument may be suffixed with one of K, M, G or T (either upper or lower case) to indicate a multiple of Kilobytes, Megabytes, Gigabytes or Terabytes respectively. The default value of mem-size is 256M. EXAMPLES
To create a virtual machine named freebsd-vm that boots off the ISO image /freebsd/release.iso and has 1GB memory allocated to it: bhyveload -m 1G -d /freebsd/release.iso freebsd-vm To create a virtual machine named test-vm with 256MB of memory allocated, the guest root filesystem under the host directory /user/images/test and terminal I/O sent to the nmdm(4) device /dev/nmdm1B bhyveload -m 256MB -h /usr/images/test -c /dev/nmdm1B test-vm SEE ALSO
bhyve(4), nmdm(4), vmm(4), bhyve(8), loader(8) HISTORY
bhyveload first appeared in FreeBSD 10.0, and was developed at NetApp Inc. AUTHORS
bhyveload was developed by Neel Natu <neel@FreeBSD.org> at NetApp Inc with a lot of help from Doug Rabson <dfr@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
bhyveload can only load FreeBSD as a guest. BSD
January 7, 2012 BSD