Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with using find for other permission Post 302967558 by Don Cragun on Thursday 25th of February 2016 12:31:03 AM
Old 02-25-2016
The following should work:
Code:
find sub \( -perm -01 -o -perm -02 -o -perm -04 \) -exec chmod o= {} +

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission?

What does the following permission indicate? -rwSr----- 1 oracle dba 1536 Nov 7 17:05 orapwRTMDB Thanks, Rahul. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find who has permission to delete

All, I am running a script , which has permision as below -r-xr-x--- 1 pmgr ffw 11660 Sep 3 2003 ccln and tring to delete the file in the directory inter (sys212:pct:/>) ll | grep ^d dr-xr-xr-x 32 bin bin 8192 Dec 24 03:24 etc drwxr-xr-x 32... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find File with permission below 664

Hi Using find i want to find files with permission below 664. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliahsan81
6 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Permission (I Think)

Pictures by worthamtx - Photobucket The URL is graphic view my present concern. Old partition working great sdb1 both appear on nautilus, both deliver icons to desk top. Based on the label handling of gparted results I tried following with success sudo mkdir /media/disk/data sudo chown... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 77yrold
1 Replies

6. Fedora

Find Files in Directory by Permission?

Hello. I need to write a script that lets the user pick a directory. Then, all files are looped through, and the ones with read-write (for current user I think) are listed. Ending with a count of those files, but that parts easy. What I'm confused about is the middle. So far I have ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Feuyaer
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find without the "Permission non granted" list ...

Hi, When I use the Find command under the root directory ("/") of my Ubuntu, I get the good answers mixed inside a long list of "Permission non granted" (in fact and with my French version, I get "Permission non accordée" !). After several unsuccessful tries with -perm or -executable options... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Micla
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find - prints Permission denied

Hi, I'm trying to search for files with a particular pattern using the below command. find . -name file_1.txt -print It gives Permission denied error on several files, using standard error, how do we ignore this error and print only the valid matches. find:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find out who changed the file permission in unix

Can any one tell me is there any command to find out who changed the permission of a file Or is there any log file so that i can find out who has changed the permission of a file? Thanks in Advance:) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uttamnsd
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find list of files missing read & execute permission

Hi, I'm writing a post-upgrade script and I want to find which files don't have read and execute to everyone. I can run a find . ! -perm, but then I have to use a list of the possible permissions (777,775, 755 etc). Is there a more elegant solution? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Catullus
2 Replies
hal-find(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      hal-find(1M)

NAME
hal-find, hal-find-by-capability, hal-find-by-property - search HAL global device list SYNOPSIS
hal-find-by-capability --capability capability [--help] [--verbose] [--version] hal-find-by-property --key key --string value [--help] [--verbose] [--version] DESCRIPTION
The hal-find commands, hal-find-by-capability and hal-find-by-property, search the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) device list by speci- fied criteria and displays results on the standard output. hal-find-by-capability searches by capability, such as volume or block. hal- find-by-property searches by property, such as block.is_volume or volume.disc.has_audio. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --capability capability HAL device capability to search for. --help Display list of options. --key key The key to the property that is the basis of the search. --string value The string value associated with the property that is the basis of the search. --verbose Verbose mode. --version Display version and exit. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhalr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hald(1M), attributes(5), hal(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Aug 2006 hal-find(1M)