Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris NFS - concurrent write to same file normal ? Post 302967369 by gull04 on Tuesday 23rd of February 2016 08:24:08 AM
Old 02-23-2016
Hi javanoob,

That would be correct, if the share is set rw then you have to live with it I'm afraid. Options for getting round it are limited, you could try using NLM there are some documents here.

Regards

Gull04

Last edited by gull04; 02-23-2016 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: Additional information.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to gull04 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Write permisson in NFS mounting

Hi all i have done set up for nfs. at server <dir> <client IP>/<netmask>(rw,sync) at client mount -o rw -nfs <server IP>:<dir1><dir2> with this i am successful in mounting the directory with write permission. But the write permission is not activate in client machine for the file which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhakti
5 Replies

2. Solaris

NFS write error on host : Stale NFS file handle

:confused:Hi all When i see in the /var/adm/messages, i saw the following error unix: NFS write error on host : Stale NFS file handle. unix: (file handle: 45ca415 3e7 a0000 2c7f6 3ebfc25f a0000 2 3e49) It is using sunOS 5.7. Is anybody know what is this error? Is is related to any network... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Write problem in NFS

Hi Gurus, I am trying to share certain file with NFS. Requirement is to give access to root of another host to some file system which is shared through NFS. Step1. I entered the below line in /etc/dfs/dfstab share -F nfs -o root=sun2 /usr/src ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

NFS mount read and write

Dear all, I have a server A and Client B. I am mounting a folder which is Server A using read and write options in client B. I have put entries in /etc/exports file as /mnt1/load *(rw,sync) In the client i cannot create any new file or delete any file eventhough it is read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
3 Replies

5. AIX

Write once on NFS file system

Hello Guru's We are trying to save some data for 10 -15 yrs. so we created a NFS share file system and mounted on AIX 5.3 servers, keeping in mind that we might need to replace the expired disk/bad disk every 2 yrs or 4 yrs. Now we are trying to solve. How to protect it from getting deleted... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginner123
6 Replies

6. AIX

Normal VG to Enhanced Concurrent VG

Hi All, I am going to perform some activity in 2Node HA Server(Active/Passive). For that i have to do some pre-requsite (ie., Resource Group VG's should be Enhanced-Concurrent) In my setup, we have two volume groups in one RG. In that one VG is Normal and another is Enhance Concurrent. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thala
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to write to a mounted NFS share

Hi All, I created a nfs share in the server(Solaris 10) with the following command and also updated the dfstab file share -F nfs -o rw=server_name2,anon=0 /to_share And then in the client(solaris 10) added the following command to mount the share mount -F nfs server_name1:/to_share... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
4 Replies

8. AIX

Difference between concurrent and enhanced concurrent VG

Hi, What are the differences between concurrent and enhanced concurrent VGs.? Any advantages of enhanced concurrent VG over normal concurrent vg Regards, Siva (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
2 Replies

9. AIX

NFS multiple write error.

Hi, We are taking the mksysb backup to NIM server's NFS mount point (/backup). We have mounted /backup to all the clients /backup and full permission. When multiple mksysb backup starting simultaneously to the NIM server's shared NFS mount point then only one backup is running and all others... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
3 Replies

10. Solaris

NFS write error on host xyz: Stale NFS file handle - Solaris 10

Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: NFS write error on host xyz: Stale NFS file handle. Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: (file handle: 68000000 1bc5492e 20000000 377c5e 1ce9395c 720a6203 40000000 bdfb0400) Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: NFS write error on host zyz: Stale NFS file handle. Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
5 Replies
share(1M)																 share(1M)

NAME
share - make local resource available for mounting by remote systems SYNOPSIS
FSType] specific_options] description] [pathname] DESCRIPTION
The command exports, or makes a resource available for mounting, through a remote file system of type FSType. If the option is omitted, the first file system type listed in is used as default. For a description of NFS specific options, see share_nfs(1M). pathname is the pathname of the directory to be shared. When invoked with no arguments, displays all shared file systems. Options recognizes the following options: Specify the file system type. The specific_options are used to control access of the shared resource. (See share_nfs(1M) for NFS specific options.) They may be any of the following: pathname is shared read/write to all clients. This is also the default behavior. Share the pathname read-mostly if option is not provided. Read-mostly means read-write to those clients specified and read-only for all other systems. If a option is provided, pathname is shared read/write only to the listed clients. No other systems can access pathname. pathname is shared read-only to all clients. pathname is shared read-only only to the listed clients. No other systems can access pathname. The flag may be used to provide a description of the resource being shared. WARNINGS
Old terminology (export) File system sharing used to be called on HP-UX, and was used for exporting file systems. With the new share NFS model, the command replaces exportfs(1M) or To support compatiblity with scripts that still invoke the exportfs command using the access= option, the share command will not fail when the access option is used and the syntax matches the usage of exportfs(1M) from a release of HP-UX that does not support the share(1M) com- mand. Attempts to use the access option with new share options, (i.e. sec=), may result in the access option begin rejected by the share command. It is highly recommended that the access option not be used with the share command. Instead, use the ro= and rw= option to achieve the desired access restrictions. This support of the access= option will be removed in a future release of HP-UX. If commands are invoked multiple times on the same file system, the last invocation supersedes the previous; the options set by the last command replace the old options. For example, if read-only permission was previously given to on use the following command to also give read-only permission to on This behavior is not limited to sharing the root file system, but applies to all file systems. EXAMPLES
The following command wll share the file system read-only. FILES
list of commands to be executed at boot time list of distributed file system types, NFS by default system record of shared file systems AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. SEE ALSO
mountd(1M), nfsd(1M), share_nfs(1M), shareall(1M), unshare(1M), dfstab(4), fstypes(4), sharetab(4). share(1M)