Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to check and copy column entries Post 302967249 by my_Perl on Sunday 21st of February 2016 09:34:51 PM
Old 02-21-2016
I use ubuntu 14.01 lts and bash shell. Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to copy files and check

Hi all, I need a script in ksh: 1: Copy files from directory (A) to directory (B) 2: Check if files that will be copied in directory (A) have never been yet copied to (B) 3: Never copy the last created file of directory (A) This script will run on crontab. Thanks in advance for your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Camaro
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to take input from a text file and perform check on each servers and copy files

HI all, I want to script where all the server names will be in a text file like server1 server2 server3 . and the script should take servernames from a text file and perform copy of files if the files are not present on those servers.after which it should take next servername till the end of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joseph.dmello
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to check permission before copy over

Hi, I am writing some shell script to check the file owner permission whether the write bit is turn on. If it is turn on it will copy the file to the destination else it will just prompt user to change the file and skipping it. However, I am starting getting loss here as I have couple of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanaka
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on Script of Copy String from column

Hello, My DATA: PLOKIJ1234G 12 13 14 15 PLOKIJ1234E 12 13 14 15 PLOKIJ1234F 12 22 33 44 IJNUHB12346 55 66 77 88 IJNUHB12347 32 34 45 67 IJUHU345D 23 23 22 33 IJUHYG23E 11 24 23 23 IJUHYG23F 77 88 99 00 output: PLOKIJ1234 PLOKIJ1234G 12 13 14 15 PLOKIJ1234... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check:remove entries more than once in different column

Hi I have a file 12m 345693460 12 1234 12 1234 34 345 34 345 And I want output fiel as 12m 345693460 12 1234 34 345 hw can it be done Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

common entries of first column in 2 or 3 files:kindly check

Hi all, I have 3 files with such data first files second file third file I have to find common entries of first column in two ways 1) between 2 files (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automation, Copy, File Status Check --> Script(s)

All, I have to write a script to do the following requirement. There is a file called BUSINESS_DATE.TXT. This file get updated once the oracle partition created. In Oracle, Partition will be created every day. There is a seperate script scheduled to take care ORACLE partition creation. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthi_mrkg
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check for null values in a column

Hi Guys, I am new to shell script.I need your help to write a shell script. I have a csv file which has 13 columns separated by , I have written below script to fetch required 5 columns. awk -F, '(NR==1){h3=$3;h4=$4;h8=$8;h9=$9;h13=$13;next}(NF>1) \ {print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script which will check the target file and folder exists and copy it

Hi All, I am a beginner in this and trying to write a shell script in linux which will : 1. Ask for a file name and check if its exists. 2. If file exists only then it will ask for the new target folder, after entering target folder name it will check if it exists. 3. If target folder... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashish_neekhra
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to copy a column of multiple files and paste into new excel file (next to column)?

I have data of an excel files as given below, file1 org1_1 1 1 2.5 100 org1_2 1 2 5.5 98 org1_3 1 3 7.2 88 file2 org2_1 1 1 2.5 100 org2_2 1 2 5.5 56 org2_3 1 3 7.2 70 I have multiple excel files as above shown. I have to copy column 1, column 4 and paste into a new excel file as... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
26 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)