Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk usage
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk usage Post 302967108 by Balav on Friday 19th of February 2016 11:09:36 AM
Old 02-19-2016
Thanks very much for your help

Best Regards,
Bala

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

usage of underscore in awk

Hi what is the purpose of using underscore in awk. I suppose it is for defining macro's and reducing repeatation but can some one show me an example? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk - user's computer usage

Hi! I need help with this: I want to write an AWK script, that matches computer usage of users, listed at the available log file, Users.log. Which is how many times a user has entered, and how much time was logged in? for example: $ cat Users.log user1; login, 2009-03-26, 10:30 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ferenc87
1 Replies

4. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with awk usage

I have to change the 4th feild of a line; Most of the time, the line has only 4 feilds, but sometimes, it has more than 4 feilds. I am using the below command: NEW_LINE=`echo $Line | awk '{sub ($4, "2010\\\/04\\\/07"); printf "# %-7s %9s %18s\n", $2,$3,$4}'` This works fine but if the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugan
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep/awk usage

Hi everybody, i know this question is common on the forum and i've searched for my answer but haven't quite found it. I'm trying to extract some values from a number of log files which look like this: Peak Power Consumption: 0.20777 Watts Observed Average Power: 0.1414794247 Watts The... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aKiiY
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk FS usage problem

Hi All, I have a question about the usage of FS in awk and i appreciate if you can help me sort out what i'm doing wrong. I have a file with info ; separated and i just want to print the o/p of all fields ($1 -> $8) to the screen. As you can see it is very simple but i'm facing an error. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dendany83
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

usage of Awk command for output

Hi Experts, I have a Text file generated as below; <NAME> NEW#<technicalName><TAB> <Version> OLD#<technicalName><TAB> <Version> e.g. CH_PPV_AUDIT_DISTRIBUTOR NEW#EL_CFG_FTP_DISTRIBUTOR 2.1.0.upc2 OLD#EL_CFG_FTP_DISTRIBUTOR 2.1.0.upc1... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajangupta2387
19 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usage of Int with NR in awk

Hello Everyone, I am new to awk and trying my hand with the diff codes and came across the below code today. It would be great if any of the Guru's help me to understand. awk '{filename = "sample_file" int((NR-1)/34) ".DAT"; print >> filename}' sample_file.DAT 34 is the no of lines each... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saratha14
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk - Disk usage

Hi All, Would appreciate your help as to why the following code not showing the correct output. the issue is on the last else cause. I am trying to report on disk space based on percentage usage. for some reason, it's showing output as OK even thou disk space is 90% !!!! any ideas why? thanks!!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xcod3r
2 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)