Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RHN Package List
Top Forums Programming RHN Package List Post 302966925 by fpmurphy on Thursday 18th of February 2016 05:04:04 AM
Old 02-18-2016
Have you tried
Code:
# yum list all

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

RHEL5 tools/apps not from RHN

Hi, I'm new to the concept of paying for linux, as such I'm not sure what packages I can compile/install while maintaining system integrity in RHEL 5.x.x? Can someone inform me if installing programs, for example 'irssi', that are not available from RHN will adversely affect the system/package... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: biorhythm
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Steps for register with RHN

Hi, Once we get a subscription (activation key), how to register a RHEL machine with RHN? Which port to be open on my RHEL machine? How exactly it will connect to Red Hat Network? Please give me some steps. Regards, Uday (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

RHN - Proxy, satellite etc. How do you update you servers?

Hi, I'd like to know more about RHN and their RHN PROXY. - If I will buy PROXY, do I need to get licenses for all my RHELs to have them updated? What are benefits of proxy? - If I will buy (doubt it) Satellite, will I be able to connect all my boxes to Satellite and have them upgraded... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: columb
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

How to list my program or package that i compile and installed?

Hi I would like to ask in ubuntu or linux on how to list all my package or software the i installed via source code( compile installed in dir default is /usr/local) just like i solaris in which if you installed a package in ur choosing default root installation dir you can just issue a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to use rhnreg_ks to register to RHN

Hi, I have Redhat 5.6 I would like to have the script that will don a NONE interactive mode to register Linux Redhat to Satellite server without any interaction from user. i found command but i never get to working: #rhnreg_ks i want also to at the same time upload all rpm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
0 Replies

7. AIX

List running services, Package name and status on AIX.

Hi, How can I list running services, corresponding package name and status on the AIX host? On Linux (Centos), I use the below code snippet:- for i in `chkconfig --list | awk '{ print $1}'`; do status=`/sbin/service $i status` packagename=`rpm -qf /etc/init.d/$i` done Is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vipin Batra
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

List running services, corresponding package name and status.

Hi, I am trying to list down list of running services, corresponding package name and status on HP-UX box. The output will be a CSV in a fashion:- Service Name, Package Name, Status. While working on Linux centos, I used chkconfig to do the same. Below was the snippet:- for i in `chkconfig... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Happy83
3 Replies
YUM-CHANGELOG(1)						   User Manuals 						  YUM-CHANGELOG(1)

NAME
yum-changelog SYNOPSIS
The yum-changelog package DESCRIPTION
yum-changelog(1) is a Yum plugin for viewing package changelogs before/after updating. yum will invoke yum-changelog(1) plugin if the --changelog option or the changelog command is used with yum. OPTIONS
--changelog Show changelog delta of updated packages COMMANDS
changelog Show changelog data of packages listed (same format as the list command). The first argument is required and is either "all" for all the changelog entries, a date for the changelog entries since a specified point in time or a number for a given number of changelog entries. FILES
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/changelog.conf The system wide configuration file. See yum-changelog.conf(5) for more information. EXAMPLES
# yum changelog 2008-Jan yum* Listing changelogs since: 2008-01-18 yum-versionlock-1.1.11-1.fc8.noarch installed * Wed Jan 30 17:00:00 2008 Tim Lauridsen <timlau@fedoraproject.org> - mark as 1.1.11 changelog stats. 33 pkgs, 12 source pkgs, 1 changelog # yum update ktechlab --changelog Loading "changelog" plugin Setting up Update Process Setting up repositories [..] Resolving Dependencies --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait. ---> Package ktechlab.i386 0:0.3-6 set to be updated --> Running transaction check Changes in packages about to be updated: ktechlab - 0.3-6.i386 * Wed Nov 22 23:00:00 2006 Chitlesh Goorah - 0.3-6 - Rebuilt due to new gpsim-devel release BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. AVAILABILITY
yum-changelog is available via: # yum install yum-changelog AUTHORS
Chitlesh Goorah <chitlesh@fedoraproject.org> Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@laiskiainen.org> James Antill <james@and.org> SEE ALSO
yum(1) 08 February 2007 YUM-CHANGELOG(1)