Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell script to connect
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to connect Post 302966924 by cero on Thursday 18th of February 2016 04:05:32 AM
Old 02-18-2016
Do you see incorrect ORACLE_HOMEs? This may be caused by the way the dbhome script works: it reads the oratab file, but in case it is not found it shows the home directory of the user oracle.
You can fix that by reading oratab directly:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
case "$(uname)" in
   *SunOS*) ORATAB=/var/opt/oracle/oratab
            ;;
   *)       ORATAB=/etc/oratab
            ;;
esac
[ ! -f $ORATAB ] && echo "File $ORATAB not found!" >&2 && exit 1

OLD_PATH=$PATH
while IFS=":" read ORACLE_SID ORACLE_HOME AUTOSTART; do
   if ps -eaf |grep pmon[_]$ORACLE_SID >/dev/null; then
      echo "My db  : $ORACLE_SID"
      echo "My home: $ORACLE_HOME"
      PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$OLD_PATH
      sqlplus -s / as sysdba <<EOF
         select instance_name,status,database_status from v\$instance;
         select * from v\$version;
EOF
   fi
done <$ORATAB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect DB2 table using shell script

Hi All, I want to connect two tables in DB2 using shell script and then compare the contents of two tables field by field. Could any one please help me in connecting database tables using Unix and retriving data from the same. Thanks, Durwas (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtidke
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect two servers in shell script

Hello all, I know that is a question which has made too many times, and I have been looking into the threads but all posted was not sucessfully for me so... I need a shell script which connect two unix servers, but NOT using ssh... Is there another way to do it? I've tried ssh but it didn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Geller
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

vpn connect/disconnect shell script

Hi I am not so good in scripting..trying ot learn it...need guidance of the experts in shell scripting.. Let me explain the scenario first.. a server MX1 is connected to another server MX2 through vpn..every 5 minute a script runs to test vpn connectivity between the 2 servers.when the vpn... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: renuka
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to oracle db using shell script

Hi, I want to connect to oracle db using unix shell script. And i want to retrieve data from db through shell script. Please help me as soon as possible. Thanks, J.P. Das (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotidas
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to db2 using shell script

Guys, I am trying to write a shell script that connect to wcsprod database and read the query #!/bin/ksh sqlplus -s < connect to wcsprod user wcsadm using pwd > select * from catentry fetch first 1 row only with ur; databse: wcsprod user: wcsadm pwd: pwd thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skatpally
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to connect to the oracle database

Hi Unix Gurus, I have a requirement to write a script, Oracle DB gets referesh every 6hrs, hence we need write a script to connect to the database , if it connects it should generate a file to proceed the next job application or when an error when connectiong to DB it should not generate any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshivali
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect to Oracle database using shell script?

Hi All, I am newbie to unix shell scripting. I want to connect to oracle database using shell script. I know how to connect DB using user name and password but my question is if my password is having '@' sign then how to connect. I have tried like below, cnt=`sqlplus -s /nolog << EOFSQL ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmotewar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to connect from one server to other

Dear Experts, I am new to the shell scripting. I am looking for a shell script to connect to one Unix/Linux server1 to other Unix/Linux server2 and trigger a SAP Event in that server2 (Which will trigger a job in SAP). Is this possible to connect from one server to the other server securely... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venu V Reddy
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Connect to Teradata and Run in Shell Script?

Hi Master, I need to create dan run script in linux to get data from teradata I did this ---------- Post updated at 02:28 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:25 AM ---------- LOG_DIR="/home/"; OUTDIR="/home/"; SCRIPT_NAME=“test"; DUMPFILE="${OUTDIR}${SCRIPT_NAME}"_"$(date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to connect to Oracle server from shell script

Hi, I am facing an issue in connecting to database from Linux shell script. Here is my code export ORACLE_BASE=xxx export ORACLE_SID=xxx export ORACLE_HOME=xxxx DB_PATH=xxx/'yyy@yy' UserId=`sqlplus -s $DB_PATH <<EOF set head off feedback off select max(USER_ID)+1 from USERS;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuvi
6 Replies
PPPOE-CONNECT(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  PPPOE-CONNECT(8)

NAME
pppoe-connect - Shell script to manage a PPPoE link SYNOPSIS
pppoe-connect [config_file] pppoe-connect interface user [config_file] DESCRIPTION
pppoe-connect is a shell script which manages a PPPoE connection using the Roaring Penguin user-space PPPoE client. If you omit con- fig_file, the default file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 is used. If you supply interface and user, then they override the Ethernet interface and user-name settings in the configuration file. Note that normally, you should not invoke pppoe-connect directly. Instead, use pppoe-start to bring up the PPPoE connection. pppoe-connect first reads a configuration file. It then brings up a PPPoE connection. If the connection ever drops, a message is logged to syslog, and pppoe-connect re-establishes the connection. In addition, each time the connection is dropped or cannot be established, pppoe-connect executes the script /etc/ppp/pppoe-lost if it exists and is executable. The shell script pppoe-stop causes pppoe-connect to break out of its loop, bring the connection down, and exit. TECHNICAL DETAILS
pppoe-connect uses the following shell variables from the configuration file: ETH The Ethernet interface connected to the DSL modem (for example, eth0). USER The PPPoE user-id (for example, b1xxnxnx@sympatico.ca). PIDFILE A file in which to write the process-ID of the pppoe-connect process (for example, /var/run/pppoe.pid). Two additional files ($PID- FILE.pppd and $PIDFILE.pppoe) hold the process-ID's of the pppd and pppoe processes, respectively. By using different configuration files with different PIDFILE settings, you can manage multiple PPPoE connections. Just specify the con- figuration file as an argument to pppoe-start and pppoe-stop. AUTHOR
pppoe-connect was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), pppoe-start(8), pppoe-stop(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), pppoe-setup(8), pppoe-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-server(8), pppoe- relay(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 PPPOE-CONNECT(8)