Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace string in XML file with awk/sed with string from another Post 302966637 by cozzin on Monday 15th of February 2016 03:02:45 AM
Old 02-15-2016
This works, but only for765101293; I've tried with multiple types of regex, but none have worked . I'll give more details about what I want it to do. I want to replace the string "76.." from this block
Code:
<name>subscriberNumber</name> <value><string>765101293</string></value>

with values from file2. Then, the xml will be copied somewhere else and the next value should be put there. For example, this will be the first iteration:
Code:
<name>subscriberNumber</name> <value><string>765003448</string></value>

; the second one:
Code:
<name>subscriberNumber</name> <value><string>765885388</string></value>

And so on; the xml will be overwritten everytime.

Also, here you can see the full xml file.

Code:
<methodCall>
 <methodName>UpdateOffer</methodName>
 <params>
  <param>
   <value>
    <struct>
     <member>
      <name>offerID</name>
      <value><i4>19</i4></value>
     </member>
     <member>
<name>startDate</name>
<value><dateTime.iso8601>20151028T14:11:00+0200</dateTime.iso8601></value>
</member>
     <member>
      <name>offerType</name>
      <value><i4>0</i4></value>
     </member>
     <member>
      <name>originHostName</name>
      <value><string>TEST</string></value>
     </member>
     <member>
      <name>originNodeType</name>
      <value><string>Prepaid</string></value>
     </member>
     <member>
      <name>originOperatorID</name>
      <value><string>operator</string></value>
     </member>
<member><name>originTimeStamp</name>
<value><dateTime.iso8601>20151028T14:16:36+0200</dateTime.iso8601></value>
</member>
     <member>
      <name>originTransactionID</name>
      <value><string>123456789123456</string></value>
     </member>
     <member>
      <name>subscriberNumber</name>
      <value><string>765101293</string></value>
     </member>
    </struct>
   </value>
  </param>
 </params>
</methodCall>

Last edited by cozzin; 02-15-2016 at 04:11 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace string in XML with sed

Greetings, I have an XML : file.xml <component> <name>abcd</name> <value>1234</value> </component> I am using sed to replace abcd with the desired value dynamically without knowing the actual value. sed 's/<name>./]\{1,\}<\/name>/<name>ijkl<\/name>/' file.xml > newfile.xml I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace a string in file with a string in a variable that contains spaces

Hi, i call my shell like: my_shell "my project name" my script: #!/bin/bash -vx projectname=$1 sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ='/'PROJECT_NAME = '$projectname/ <test_config_doxy >temp cp temp test_config_doxy the following error occurres: sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivelafete
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a certain string in a file and replace it with a value from another file using sed/awk?

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum and new to sed/awk programming too !! I need to find particular string in file1(text file) and replace it with a value from another text file(file2) the file2 has only one line and the value to be replaced with is in the second column. file 1: (assert (=... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramad
21 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a single line/string in file with multiple lines (string) from another file??

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: Say file1.txt contains: today is monday the 22 of NOVEMBER 2010 and file2.txt contains: the 11th month of How do i replace the word NOVEMBER with (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuathan
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a string in file with multiple lines (string) from variable

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: a=$(echo -e wert trewt ertert ertert ertert erttert erterte rterter tertertert ert) How do i replace the STRING with $a? I try this: sed -i 's/STRING/'"$a"'/g' filename.ext but this don' t work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jforce
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk to replace a value in a certain line containing a string

hi experts , I have an input like following. R sfst 1000.0000 $ new time step for mass scaled calculation R dt2ms -4.000E-7 $ friction value for blank R mue ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamnsan
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk to replace a value in a certain line from another file containing a string

Hi experts, In my text file I have the following alot of lines like below. input.k is as follows. 2684717 -194.7050476 64.2345581 150.6500092 0 0 2684718 -213.1575623 62.7032242 150.6500092 0 0 *INCLUDE $# filename... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamnsan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a string in a xml file

Hello, I have below xml file, I want to find line default-value and replace the string within quotes followed by default-value "moni/Websphere/". Replace moni/Websphere/ with monitor/AMQ/ <monitor> <name>WebsphereMqMonitor</name> <type>managed</type> <argument... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince1987
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string of a file with a string of another file for matches using grep,sed,awk

I have a file comp.pkglist which mention package version and release . In 'version change' and 'release change' line there are two versions 'old' and 'new' Version Change: --> Release Change: --> cat comp.pkglist Package list: nss-util-devel-3.28.4-1.el6_9.x86_64 Version Change: 3.28.4 -->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)