Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Power5 9133-55A Serial Console connection issue Post 302966565 by hicksd8 on Saturday 13th of February 2016 02:02:15 PM
Old 02-13-2016

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Installing via serial console

I'm stuck - when I boot the machine and hit 5 on the keyboard, all I get is an SP login. Can someone give me some tips on how to get to the install via the serial port? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tb0ne
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

serial console hangs

I have a HP Visualize C200 running hpux that I am trying to boot into using a null modem through com1 from my Sun Ultra 10. I get all the way to the login prompt and then it becomes innactive and wont let me access the machine anymore. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trajek
2 Replies

3. AIX

Turn off System attention light on POWER5 model p5 55A ?

Hi, Because of previous error System attention light(yellow exclamation mark) is on. How do I turn it off ? thanks Vilius (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Use a Serial Console with Mac OS X Leopard

I'm trying to use an old Commodore 128D as a terminal to access OS X's shell via a serial port. I've used 'screen' and 'zterm' to ensure the two machines are successfully interfaced. Instructions for opening up the serial console on other Unix-y operating systems don't work with OS X Leopard. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joecassara
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP Console Vs Serial console.

Hi Gurus, Can some one explain me the difference between a IP console and a serial console. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
1 Replies

6. Solaris

V890 serial console inaccessible

I am battling to get a V890 up and running. The system appears to have AUTOBOOT=false, so no OS comes up when it's powered on, and I do not have the credentials to get to the RSC management console. Output to ttya serial console ends at "Probing I/O buses", I assume because output is then being... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dstmark
4 Replies

7. Solaris

How to setup a serial console?

i am running solaris 10 in my vmware workstation. How to setup a console for my solaris box. in Vmware i could see a serial port option. can some one help me on how i can setup a console . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
0 Replies

8. AIX

How to install AIX 5 on 9133-55a?

hello everyone :D i'm new to AIX and i loved it the moment i saw an AIX admin who came to where i work to install an AIX server for an ERP project, i loved it so much that i bought the old server in my company my server is 9133-55a the server has no graphic card, and i cant use HMC how can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pico
3 Replies

9. Solaris

$ Prompt on Serial console is not responding.

Hi Experts. i have been stuck up with an issue. i have connected my Solaris 8 , Sun fire V445 on serial port by using Teraterm. Initially i was able to login and executed some tasks. After executing some commands (mainly Control +c), i am not able to type any key or not able to do anything at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddulamadhu
2 Replies
TCPSER(1)						      General Commands Manual							 TCPSER(1)

NAME
tcpser - emulate a Hayes compatible modem SYNOPSIS
tcpser -d dev -s speed [-l log_level -t tracing_options] ... tcpser -v port [-l log_level -t tracing_options] ... DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the tcpser command. tcpser turns a PC serial port into an emulated Hayes compatible modem that uses TCP/IP for incoming and outgoing connections. It can be used to allow older applications and systems designed for modem use to operate on the Internet. tcpser supports all standard Hayes com- mands, and understands extended and vendor proprietary commands (though it does not implement many of them). tcpser can be used for both inbound and outbound connections. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -h Show summary of options. -p Port to listen on (defaults to 6400). -t Trace flags: (can be combined) s modem input S modem output i IP input I IP output -l Log level: 0 (NONE), 1 (FATAL) - 7 (DEBUG_X) (defaults to 0). -L Log file (defaults to stderr). The following can be repeated for each modem desired (-s, -S, and -i will apply to any subsequent device if not set again): -d Serial device (e.g. /dev/ttyS0). Cannot be used with -v -v TCP port for VICE RS232 (e.g. 25232). Cannot be used with -d -s Serial port speed (defaults to 38400). -S Speed modem will report (defaults to -s value). -I Invert DCD pin. -n Add phone entry (number=replacement). -a Filename to send to local side upon answer. -A Filename to send to remote side upon answer. -c Filename to send to local side upon connect. -C Filename to send to remote side upon connect. -N Filename to send when no answer. -B Filename to send when modem(s) busy. -T Filename to send upon inactivity timeout. -i Modem init string (defaults to `', leave off `at' prefix when specifying). -D Direct connection (follow with hostname:port for caller, : for receiver). AUTHOR
tcpser was written by Jim Brain <brain@jbrain.com>. This manual page was written by Peter Collingbourne <pcc03@doc.ic.ac.uk>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). July 5, 2006 TCPSER(1)