Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help on parsing Oracle RMAN output for string and print sections of a file Post 302966531 by MadeInGermany on Saturday 13th of February 2016 03:37:43 AM
Old 02-13-2016
The following does not print if there is a 0 word in the (3 lines) block
Code:
sed -n '
/Marked Corrupt/{
N;N
/[[:blank:]]0[[:blank:]]/!p
}' rman_list_validate.txt

I hope your sed version unterstands the [:blank:] character set.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing file, yaml file? Extracting specific sections

Here is a data file, which I believe is in YAML. I am trying to retrieve just the 'addon_domains" section, which doesnt seem to be as easy as I had originally thought. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!! I have been trying to do this in awk and mostly bash scripting instead of perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhije
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Running RMAN backups from grid control but using oracle account with rsa keys vs a password ?

I'm a sysadmin trying to help out one of our DBA's setup the RMAN backups (Oracle 11g on rhel5 ) so they can schedule and control them from the OEM grid control. But we want the oracle user to use ssh keys instead of a password. I have the working rsa keys in place for the user but the GUI seems to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: samael00
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare columns of multiple files and print those unique string from File1 in an output file.

Hi, I have multiple files that each contain one column of strings: File1: 123abc 456def 789ghi File2: 123abc 456def 891jkl File3: 234mno 123abc 456def In total I have 25 of these type of file. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help/advice parsing Oracle tnsping output

Hi, tnsping is an Oracle tool that is sort of like a ping command. Unfortunately it does not come with a tool that can be used to parse its output which is very frustrating. Example output of tnsping are as below: $: tnsping testp1 TNS Ping Utility for Solaris: Version 11.2.0.2.0 -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usage of disc group to kick off Oracle RMAN backup

Hi guys, i need a small help. I was writing an automation script for import utility of oracle datapump. I am getting stuck in one part of the shell script where i am doing a grep on one of the filesystem and if it is above threshold then it would kick off an oracle RMAN backup. Fyi. i am grepping... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sub
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get/print host string only from tnsping output?

Hello All, I am using Linux OS. My idea is get the host name when we do tnsping in oracle. output of : tnsping DOELO01 TNS Ping Utility for Linux: Version 11.2.0.3.0 - Production on 15-OCT-2015 20:20:05 Copyright (c) 1997, 2011, Oracle. All rights reserved. Used parameter files:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
2 Replies
ISWBLANK(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       ISWBLANK(3)

NAME
iswblank - test for whitespace wide character SYNOPSIS
#include <wctype.h> int iswblank(wint_t wc); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): iswblank(): _XOPEN_SOURCE >= 600 || _ISOC99_SOURCE || _POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 200112L; or cc -std=c99 DESCRIPTION
The iswblank() function is the wide-character equivalent of the isblank(3) function. It tests whether wc is a wide character belonging to the wide-character class "blank". The wide-character class "blank" is a subclass of the wide-character class "space". Being a subclass of the wide-character class "space", the wide-character class "blank" is disjoint from the wide-character class "graph" and therefore also disjoint from its subclasses "alnum", "alpha", "upper", "lower", "digit", "xdigit", "punct". The wide-character class "blank" always contains at least the space character and the control character ' '. RETURN VALUE
The iswblank() function returns nonzero if wc is a wide character belonging to the wide-character class "blank". Otherwise it returns zero. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001. NOTES
The behavior of iswblank() depends on the LC_CTYPE category of the current locale. SEE ALSO
isblank(3), iswctype(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2010-09-20 ISWBLANK(3)