Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to detect usable ports?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to detect usable ports? Post 302966477 by mohtashims on Friday 12th of February 2016 10:44:02 AM
Old 02-12-2016
Code:

$ uname -a
SunOS mymac 5.10 Generic_150400-23 sun4v sparc sun4v

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

xterm detect

i have this script that launches multiple xterm sessionon a CDE. i would like to test the xterm so that when i execute the script using an ordinary terminal it will detect that it will unable to launch the xterm and execute other script instead. i tried using trap and exit status. maybe i am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find usable keyboard and mouse for UNIX spac machine. Help

I have got a SunBlade150 box. But I don't have Sun UNIX keyboard and mouse to hook up with the machine. I know some other IBM compitable keyboard and mouse can be used on Sun UNIX box. If any one has the same situation or experience, please advise me the type, FCC ID and other information on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re-usable function to parse csv files with different number of fields

Hi there, been pondering how to deal with this and hoping someone would give me an insight on this. I need help on creating a reusable bash funtion to parse csv files containing different number of fields (comma-seperated). My initial thought is to create function for each input csv file (20+... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jy2k7ca
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to detect OS is SLES 10 or not

Hi, I would like to programmatically find if given OS is SLES 10 / RHEL 3/.RHEL 4/RHEL5 etc .. For this do we have any library call/sys call? Or should we use any sys. structure which would give me detailed info. Share me if you have any pointers. Thanks in advance - Krishna (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishnamurthig
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

detect F5 is pressed

Hello friends, I want to write a shell script in bash shell . Working for the script is to detect any key pressed and disply on screen as "you have pressed: " For example if user pressed F5 then a messaged has to be displayed as "you have pressed F5. Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepreddy
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

krb5.h not usable and not found during samba configuration error

Hi folks, I am using RH linux server 8.0 and have downloaded latest samba package for it. While configuring samba with --with-krb5 option while making this server join a windows AD domain, it gives the following error. active directory cannot be supported... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dextergenious
1 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Installed memory ≠ usable size?

I was configuring my BIOS after installing 2 GB of RAM, and I saw this: System memory Installed size : 4096MB Usable size : 3584MBI have a 64-bit OS (Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit), so does that mean the motherboard (ASUS M3A78-T) doesn't support more than 4 GB of addressing? (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
23 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detect OS

whats the equivalent of detect OS in perl with an if then ? platform='uname' if ]; then alias ls='ls --color=auto' elif ]; then alias ls='ls -G' fi In perl I see perl -Mstrict -MEnglish -E 'say $OSNAME' or print "$^O" Please use CODE tags as required by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixguynj
1 Replies
machid(1)							   User Commands							 machid(1)

NAME
machid, sun, iAPX286, i286, i386, i486, i860, pdp11, sparc, u3b, u3b2, u3b5, u3b15, vax, u370 - get processor type truth value SYNOPSIS
sun iAPX286 i386 pdp11 sparc u3b u3b2 u3b5 u3b15 vax u370 DESCRIPTION
The following commands will return a true value (exit code of 0) if you are using an instruction set that the command name indicates. sun True if you are on a Sun system. iAPX286 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX286 processor. i386 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX386 processor. pdp11 True if you are on a PDP-11/45tm or PDP-11/70tm. sparc True if you are on a computer using a SPARC-family processor. u3b True if you are on a 3B20 computer. u3b2 True if you are on a 3B2 computer. u3b5 True if you are on a 3B5 computer. u3b15 True if you are on a 3B15 computer. vax True if you are on a VAX-11/750tm or VAX-11/780tm. u370 True if you are on an IBM(R) System/370tm computer. The commands that do not apply will return a false (non-zero) value. These commands are often used within makefiles (see make(1S)) and shell scripts (see sh(1)) to increase portability. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
make(1S), sh(1), test(1), true(1), uname(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The machid family of commands is obsolete. Use uname -p and uname -m instead. SunOS 5.11 5 Jul 1990 machid(1)