Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to create folder by using if and elif condition? Post 302966354 by RudiC on Thursday 11th of February 2016 04:29:51 AM
Old 02-11-2016
The -p option to mkdir will make it "not fail" on existing directories
Quote:
-p, --parents
no error if existing, make parent directories as needed
, so sth serious must happen to select the failure branch.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if...elif...fi condition in Unix

Hey guyes! i have a little problem in if condition, can anybody please solve my problem? Here what i am doing. if then echo "int1 is equal to int2" elif then echo "int1 is greater than int2" else echo "int1 is smaller than int2" fiNo, matter int1 is smaller than... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
9 Replies

2. AIX

AIX - create folder in hdisk1 instead

Dear All, I have two h.disks. Please advice for how to create a new folder/directory in hdisk1 instead of the hdisk0? I need to use the folder to store for xmlfiles for my application accessing to read it. Thank a lots. Best Regards, Tom (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lwy2020
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create folder wen the condition satisfied

hi i hav files ha1j ha2m ha3n ha4q ha5s ...like tat im having some 20 files ..and i want to create a folder as the same amount of files which im having wen the condition if loop is satisfied .. thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maximas
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create folder and sub-folder in UNIX ?

Hi all, I have the following code to check the whether the folder is exist in my system. if ; then echo 'folder exist'; else echo 'folder not exist'; mkdir /home/batch/testing ; fi When I remove the "testing" folder from "/home/batch" directory, the code is working fine. But when I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suigion
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

create separate file after checking condition..

Problem : I want to create a separate file for country list if condition is true. Please help. ***************************************************** Input file: SV-INCR-139302-365540488-201104090934.sqllog SV-INCR-1082-552793184-201104040805.sqllog SV-INCR-1077-855045741-201104040805.sqllog... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: humaemo
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a condition for a non-included string

hey, just want to ask how to check this scenario a="apple banana cherry" if egg=0 fi how do you do the condition? thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a file on UNIX with multiple columns on certain condition

I need to write the list of files to a new file in one column , the second column would contain the first line of that file (header record extracted through head -1 ) and the third column would contain the last record of that file (trailer record tail -1 ) . Example :- folder where the files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Dynamic if condition

Create Dynamic If condition Hi, I have a file color.txt which has data as shown below Red Blue Green Yellow White Pink Black Based on a variable I execute a tail command as shown below tail -${LEFT_OVR} color.txt LEFT_OVR can be any number less than count of number of lines in a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a shared folder using acl

Hello. I need some help to create a shared folder. A group 'publicuser' has been created. A user 'publicuser' has been created ( no login, no home) and belongs to group 'publicuser'. A public folder '/doc' has been created and owner is publicuser:publicuser. All users belonging to group... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with condition "if then elif else fi"

Hi everybody, I must get trought a shell script 3 arguments. 1st argument = $1 (can take values REP1..4) 2nd argument = $2 (can take values A..Z) 3rd arguement = $3 (also can take values A...Z) I've written this code : #!/bin/bash if then liste=/data/folder1 echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellX
6 Replies
RMF(1)                                                               [nmh-1.5]                                                              RMF(1)

NAME
rmf - remove an nmh folder SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-interactive | -nointeractive] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Rmf removes all of the messages (files) within the specified (or default) folder, and then removes the folder (directory) itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not a part of nmh, they will not be removed, and an error will be produced. If the folder is given explicitly or the -nointeractive option is given, then the folder will be removed without confirmation. Otherwise, the user will be asked for confirmation. If rmf can't find the current folder, for some reason, the folder to be removed defaults to `+inbox' (unless overridden by user's profile entry "Inbox") with confirmation. If the folder being removed is a subfolder, the parent folder will become the new current folder, and rmf will produce a message telling the user this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. If rmf s used on a read-only folder, it will delete all the (private) sequences (i.e., "atr-seq-folder" entries) for this folder from your context without affecting the folder itself. Rmf irreversibly deletes messages that don't have other links, so use it with caution. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Inbox: To find the default inbox SEE ALSO
rmm(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder, usually with confirmation `-interactive' if +folder' not given, `-nointeractive' otherwise CONTEXT
Rmf will set the current folder to the parent folder if a subfolder is removed; or if the current folder is removed, it will make "inbox" current. Otherwise, it doesn't change the current folder or message. BUGS
Although intuitively one would suspect that rmf works recursively, it does not. Hence if you have a sub-folder within a folder, in order to rmf the parent, you must first rmf each of the children. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMF(1)