Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: KLIBC .def file
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions KLIBC .def file Post 302966353 by Don Cragun on Thursday 11th of February 2016 04:21:38 AM
Old 02-11-2016
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please repost your question with a completely filled out homework template from the special homework rules mentioned above.

This thread is closed.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

.def file in HP-UX Shell scripting

Hi Pals, I need some information related .def file in HP-Ux shell scripting. What actaully a .def file contains. It is having all definitions of some functions. But what is the relationship between a .def file and shell script. Can anyone give some examples. Thanks in Advance. Best... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manu.vmr
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing strings in a file from a def file

I am sure that there is something out there but before I learn Perl I thought I would ask. Here is what I need: I need a script or program to substitute string values in an xml file from a pair definition file replace_string -d <file containing string pairs> original_file_in new_file_out The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danields2
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies

5. Programming

Populating Lists in Def using Python

Dipping around in python again and need to create a def that will populate a list(content) with the files that os.walk finds from within this directory and then I will re.search through each files looking for content. In learning Python, can someone point me in the right direction. This is what I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
spectral-analysis(7)						  Numm Tutorials					      spectral-analysis(7)

NAME
spectral analysis - perform realtime spectral analysis SYNOPSIS
numm-run FILE DESCRIPTION
Frequency makes for a meaningful description of many audio signals. We can use numpy's fourier analysis to compute spectra from the micro- phone and display the results visually. We will break down the process into smaller parts: baby steps... First, create and save a skeletal file that moves a line across the screen: idx = 0 def video_out(a): global idx a[:,idx] = 255 idx = (idx + 1) % a.shape[1] def audio_in(a): pass Save this snippet and run it with numm-run. We will use the numpy.fft module for our analysis. First we define a function to get a particular frequency from the fourier transform: import numpy as np def get_freq(fourier, frequency): freqs = np.fft.fftfreq(len(fourier), 1/44100.0) nearest = (abs(freqs - frequency)).argmin() return abs(fourier[nearest]) Next, we hook up this function to audio input from the microphone. A frequency bin is chosen on a log scale for each row on the screen to display a spectogram. In total: import numpy as np idx = 0 recent_audio = np.zeros(4096, np.int16) recent_video = np.zeros((240,320,3), np.uint8) freq_bins = np.exp2(np.linspace(np.log2(27000),np.log2(27),240)) def get_freq(fourier, frequency): freqs = np.fft.fftfreq(len(fourier), 1/44100.0) nearest = (abs(freqs - frequency)).argmin() return abs(fourier[nearest]) def video_out(a): global idx fourier=np.fft.fft(recent_audio) values =np.array([get_freq(fourier,X) for X in freq_bins]) recent_video[:,idx,1] = (values/10000).clip(0,255) idx = (idx + 1) % a.shape[1] a[:] = np.roll(recent_video, -idx, axis=1) def audio_in(a): recent_audio[:] = np.roll(recent_audio, len(a)) recent_audio[:len(a)] = a.mean(axis=1) SEE ALSO
numm-run(1), numm.getting-started(7), numm.one-bit-instrument(7) numm February 2012 spectral-analysis(7)