Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Add static text in perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add static text in perl Post 302965991 by cmccabe on Friday 5th of February 2016 06:05:05 PM
Old 02-05-2016
The input that goes into the perl is:

Code:
Chr	Start	End	Ref	Alt	Func.refGene	Gene.refGene	GeneDetail.refGene	ExonicFunc.refGene	AAChange.refGene	PopFreqMax	1000G2012APR_ALL	1000G2012APR_AFR	1000G2012APR_AMR	1000G2012APR_ASN	1000G2012APR_EUR	ESP6500si_ALL	ESP6500si_AA	ESP6500si_EA	CG46	common	clinvar	clinvarsubmit	clinvarreference
4	41748130	41748130	G	C	exonic	PHOX2B		synonymous SNV	PHOX2B:NM_003924.3:exon3:c.C639G:p.G213G	0.0007	.	.	.	.	.	0.0005	0.0002	0.0007	.

Code:
my @colsleft = map "Null",(1..$#left);	  
my @colsright = map "Null",(0..$#right);

provided the additional columns to the left and right. Basically, the file that is used is only 24 columns (represented by $_) and @colsleft put 18 columns before them with values of Null and @colsright put 8 additional columns after with values of Null. The total is now 50 and that is what is expected. So basically it is my @out=($.,@colsleft,$_,@colsright); unique entry, followed by 18 columns, then 24, then 8.

The split of column 10 [9] provides the arrays that are used in the $out. grep {$transcript eq $_} keys %nms or next; is a special case that matches the Stranscript with the nms in the beginning. This actually all seems to work.

The loop doesn't get refreshed because if there are multiple enteries then they are on separate rows.

I can not seem to figure out why VUS doesn't populate in $out[45] as that is the only part that doesn't seem to work.

I hope this helps a bit and thank you for all your help Smilie.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Add Static Routes to new physical address

Hi, I need help to add new route: 10.252.0.138, GW 10.252.0.129 to e1000g1 and 10.252.0.10, GW 10.252.0.1 to e1000g2 tnx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

permanently add static route

I have a machine with an interface that has two different addresses on CentOS 5 eth0: 10.20.21.77 eth0:1 141.218.1.221 If I issue this command I get the result I'm looking for. /sbin/route add -net 141.218.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 gw 10.20.21.77 ip route show dev eth0 141.218.1.0/24... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beaker457
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add static lines to short file?

I've got a simple log file that looks something like this: And I need to append it to look like this: So I just want to add a timestamp and a static (non-variable) word to each line in the file. Is there an easy scripted way to cat the file and append that data to each line....?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevinmccallum
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

I need HELP to Set up Coyote Linux router with 1 static IP & 64 internal static IP

hello, i need help on setting my coyote linux, i've working on this for last 5 days, can't get it to work. I've been posting this message to coyote forum, and other linux forum, but haven't get any answer yet. Hope someone here can help me...... please see my attached picture first. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlwoaud
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing text between two static strings

Hi everyone, I need to replace the text between two strings (html tags) and I'm having trouble figuring out how to do so. I can display the text with sed but I'm not having any luck deleting the text between the two strings. My file looks like this: <oths>test</oths><div class="text">1928... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cg2
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Static code analysis for Perl

As an addition to our ongoing investigation into static code analysis tools for a Perl programming we are maintaining, can anyone recommend a certain tool that he/she is experienced with? We are already actively using perl::critic (Perl::Critic) and rats... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

7. Programming

Even the Static cURL Library Isn't Static

I'm writing a program which uses curl to be run on Linux PCs which will be used by a number of different users. I cannot make the users all install curl on their individual machines, so I have tried to link curl in statically, rather than using libcurl.so. I downloaded the source and created a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrandonShw
8 Replies

8. Programming

Perl find text and add line

Hi All I need to add a line to a file but after a certain block of text is found The block of text looks like this <RDF:Description RDF:about="urn:mimetype:video/quicktime" NC:value="video/quicktime" and i need to add this in the next line down ( note there is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to skip lines find text and add text based on number

I am trying to use awk skip each line with a ## or # and check each line after for STB= and if that value in greater than or = to 0.8, then at the end of line the text "STRAND BIAS" is written in else "GOOD". So in the file of 4 entries attached. awk tried: awk NR > "##"' "#" -F"STB="... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add line breaks to perl command with large text in single quotes?

Below code extracts multiple field values from XML into array and prints all in one line. perl -nle '@r=/(?: jndiName| authDataAlias| value| minConnections| maxConnections| connectionTimeout| name)="(+)/g and print join ",",$ENV{tIPnSCOPE},$ENV{pr ovider},$ENV{impClassName},@r' server.xml ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies
SQL::Translator::Filter::Globals(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		     SQL::Translator::Filter::Globals(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Filter::Globals - Add global fields and indices to all tables. SYNOPSIS
# e.g. Add timestamp field to all tables. use SQL::Translator; my $sqlt = SQL::Translator->new( from => 'MySQL', to => 'MySQL', filters => [ Globals => { fields => [ { name => 'modified' data_type => 'TIMESTAMP' } ], indices => [ { fields => 'modifed', }, ] constraints => [ { } ] }, ], ) || die "SQLFairy error : ".SQL::Translator->error; my $sql = $sqlt->translate || die "SQLFairy error : ".$sqlt->error; DESCRIPTION
Adds global fields, indices and constraints to all tables in the schema. The globals to add can either be defined in the filter args or using a _GLOBAL_ table (see below). If a table already contains a field with the same name as a global then it is skipped for that table. The _GLOBAL_ Table An alternative to using the args is to add a table called "_GLOBAL_" to the schema and then just use the filter. Any fields and indices defined on this table will be added to all the tables in the schema and the _GLOBAL_ table removed. The name of the global can be changed using a "global_table" arg to the filter. SEE ALSO
perl(1), SQL::Translator BUGS
Will generate duplicate indices if an index already exists on a table the same as one added globally. Will generate duplicate constraints if a constraint already exists on a table the same as one added globally. TODO
Some extra data values that can be used to control the global addition. e.g. 'skip_global'. AUTHOR
Mark Addison <grommit@users.sourceforge.net> perl v5.14.2 2012-01-18 SQL::Translator::Filter::Globals(3pm)