Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting XML Fields comparison using awk script Post 302965657 by RudiC on Monday 1st of February 2016 03:01:19 PM
Old 02-01-2016
Well, assuming the record number length is as good an approach as any other, try
Code:
awk '
FNR == 1                                {RN = ED = 0}
match ($0, /<RecordNumber>[^<]*/)       {RN=substr($0, RSTART+14, RLENGTH-14); print FILENAME; print RN}
match ($0, /<EnrolData>.*Part1/)        {ED=substr($0, RSTART+RLENGTH-5-length(RN), length(RN)); print ED}
' file
file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

XML parsing performace comparison with windows using sax

sorry wrong forum..i dont know how to delete this or how to move it to HP UX section... I tested SAX XML parsing using xerces(http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-j/). I tested on Windows XP and HP-UX . I found that parsing time on HP is 5 times that on Windows. My server startup reads a lot of XML... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh.sid
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sed cut? to rearrange random number of fields into 3 fields

I'm working on formatting some attendance data to meet a vendors requirements to upload to their system. With some help on the forums here, I have the data close. But they've since changed what they want. The vendor wants me to submit three fields to them. Field 1 is the studentid field,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axo959
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple XML file comparison and merging

Okay, first of all, thanks to everyone who's helped me out before... I appreciate the opportunity to learn. I have two iTunes XML files, and I simply want to compare the contents, then merge. Theoretically, this will allow me to merge two libraries, keeping playlists intact (depending on iTunes'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlp
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to (un)/concatenate fields in file

Hi everyone, I'm trying to use the "join" function for more than 1 field. Since it's not possible as it is, I want to take my input files and concatenate the joining fields as 1 field (separated by "|"). I wrote 2 awk script to do and undo it (see below). However I'm new to awk and I'm certain I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthony.cros
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

numbers comparison in fields of a file and print least value of them

Hi , I'm trying to compare fields in the file, I want compare the numbers in each column and get the least value of it. > cat input_file 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000 -0.2050 -0.6629 -0.6407 -0.6599 -0.4085 -0.3959 -0.2526 -0.3597 0.3439 0.2275 0.2780 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice_man
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison of fields in Files

Hello, I have two files with tab delimited data. The file will contain details something like below: FILENAME.A.B.C. 3 5 VALID PROCESSED I would have a bench mark file. I would be getting new files of the same format. My requirement is to compare a particular field for a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveenkulkarni
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk - Script assistance on identifying non matching fields

Hoping for some assistance. my source file consists of: os, ip, username win7, 123.56.78, john win7, 123.56.78, paul win7, 10.1.1.1, john win7, 10.2.2.3, joe I've been trying to run a script that will only return ip and username where the IP address is the same and the username is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekvaio
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get fields and get output with awk or shell script.?

I have a flat file A.txt with field seperate by a pipe 2012/11/13 20:06:11 | 284:hawk pid=014268 opened Locations 12, 13, 14, 15 for /home/hawk_t112/t112/macteam/qt/NET12/full_ddr3_2X_FV_4BD_1.qt/dbFiles/t112.proto|2012/11/14 15:19:26 | still running |norway|norway 2012/11/14 12:53:51 | ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print 1st field and last 2 fields together and the rest of the fields after it using awk?

Hi experts, I need to print the first field first then last two fields should come next and then i need to print rest of the fields. Input : a1,abc,jsd,fhf,fkk,b1,b2 a2,acb,dfg,ghj,b3,c4 a3,djf,wdjg,fkg,dff,ggk,d4,d5 Expected output: a1,b1,b2,abc,jsd,fhf,fkk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sort based on difference of fields and print all fields

Hi I have a file as below <field1> <field2> <field3> ... <field_num1> <field_num2> Trying to sort based on difference of <field_num1> and <field_num2> in desceding order and print all fields. I tried this and it doesn't sort on the difference field .. Appreciate your help. cat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newstart
9 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)