Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using sed to show even numbers and the line Post 302965556 by stevent518 on Saturday 30th of January 2016 07:36:48 PM
Old 01-30-2016
Oh ok. I'm sorry, hopefully the mods can move it to the right place.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to show it on separate line

# echo $PATH /home/user01/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/ucb:/dist/perl5/bin:/dist/fsf/bin:.:/usr/dt/bin:/etc/dt/tbin:/usr/openwin/bin how to show the PATH in separate line, ie: /home/user01/bin /usr/local/bin /usr/bin:/bin /usr/ccs/bin /usr/ucb etc...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userking
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can i use Variables in sed command in line numbers

I wish to give line number from one point to another in sed command like this sed -n 1,1000000p file1.txt >file2.txt but variable line number $x,$x+100000 can i give it cos i tried and it was giving an error any suggestions?/ Thx in advance AC (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bezudar
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Show the entire line using ps

Using the vanilla ps -ef I noticed that the CMD (or command) line gets cut off after 90 characters UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD root 6020 3822 0 Jun 19 ? 0:01 ./webservd-wdog -r /export/opt/sows/61sp4 -d /export/opt/sows/61sp4/https-logse Googling... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SixSigma1978
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

will only show every 3rd line

Hi, how will i show every 3rd line of the file. Ex. line 1 line 2 line 3 line 4 line 5 line 6 line 7 Output: line 2 line 5 line 6 tyhanks ---------- Post updated at 03:39 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:37 AM ---------- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies

5. Solaris

sed print range alongwith line numbers.

hi working with sed in a shell script using sed to print a range of lines from a given file for example to print lines 12-24 from a file sed 12,24p <filename> however i need to print the line numbers, alongwith the actual lines would this be possible at all? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xinuuser
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed command to display contents where line numbers are stored in variables

if i want to display the contents of a file between say line number 3 and 10 then i use the following command sed -n '3,10p' filename if this 3 was contained in x and 10 was contained in y then how wud this command modified? sed -n '$x,$yp' filename does not work..please advise (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help about show all the line beside the changed line

awk '/abc/{print $2}' This will show the line contains abc and only show the "two filed" But I want to the line contains "abc" will only show $2, other line still show. and I want to know awk's way about not only show the line besides changed line Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed pattern fails to delete line of numbers

We are using Red Hat Linux. I have a flat file with among other things, the following lines, which appear occasionally throughout the file: Using sed, I delete this line: L;L;L;L;R;R;R;L;R;L;R;R;R;L;L;L With: /^;;;;;*/d Works fine every time. However, I cannot delete... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bloomlock
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to divide/expand first digit to show some numbers

Hello to everyone, I have this complex problem and I don't how to do it. I'm not sure if awk could be a good choice to do it or could be easiest in bash or perl. A kind of introduction would be: - I have a digit, lets say 3. - I can expand/spread out the digit 3 to cover all possible... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep: show only first match per line?

Hi, can I make grep stop after finding the first occurrence of a regex in a line? Given: file with various regex patterns file to be grep'ed Sadly some of the regex patterns cannot be limited any further, so grep -Eiof patterns.txt file.txt (GNU grep 2.20) will give me possibly n hits... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stresing
4 Replies
XkbSARedirectVModsMask(3)					   XKB FUNCTIONS					 XkbSARedirectVModsMask(3)

NAME
XkbSARedirectVModsMask - Returns the vmods_mask0 and vmods_mask1 fields of act converted to an unsigned int SYNOPSIS
unsigned int XkbSARedirectVModsMask (XkbRedirectKeyAction act); ARGUMENTS
- act action from which to extract vmods DESCRIPTION
Actions associated with the XkbRedirectKeyAction structure generate KeyPress and KeyRelease events containing a keycode different from the key that was pressed or released. The type field for the XkbRedirectKeyAction structure should always be XkbSA_RedirectKey. Key presses cause a KeyPress event for the key specified by the new_key field instead of the actual key. The state reported in this event reports the current effective modifiers changed as follows: any real modifiers selected by the mods_mask field are set to corresponding values from the mods field. Any real modifiers bound to the virtual modifiers specified by the vmods_mask0 and vmods_mask1 fields are either set or cleared, depending on the correspond- ing values in the vmods0 and vmods1 fields. If the real and virtual modifier definitions specify conflicting values for a single modifier, the real modifier definition has priority. Key releases cause a KeyRelease event for the key specified by the new_key field instead of the actual key. The state for this event con- sists of the effective keyboard modifiers at the time of the release, changed as described previously. The XkbSA_RedirectKey action normally redirects to another key on the same device as the key that caused the event, unless that device does not belong to the input extension KeyClass, in which case this action causes an event on the core keyboard device. (The input extension categorizes devices by breaking them into classes. Keyboards, and other input devices with keys, are classified as KeyClass devices by the input extension.) The vmods_mask0 and vmods_mask1 fields actually represent one vmods_mask value. Xkb provides macros to convert between the two formats. XkbSARedirectVModsMask returns the vmods_mask0 and vmods_mask1 fields of act converted to an unsigned int. STRUCTURES
typedef struct_XkbRedirectKeyAction { unsigned char type; /* XkbSA_RedirectKey */ unsigned char new_key; /* keycode to be put in event */ unsigned char mods_mask; /* mask of real mods to be reset */ unsigned char mods; /* mask of real mods to take values from */ unsigned char vmods_mask0; /* first half of mask of virtual mods to be reset */ unsigned char vmods_mask1; /* other half of mask of virtual mods to be reset */ unsigned char vmods0; /* first half of mask of virtual mods to take values from */ unsigned char vmods1; /* other half of mask of virtual mods to take values from */ } XkbRedirectKeyAction; X Version 11 libX11 1.3.2 XkbSARedirectVModsMask(3)