Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash cript to calculate summarize address Post 302965464 by RudiC on Friday 29th of January 2016 12:03:14 PM
Old 01-29-2016
How do you define a "summarize address"? Above addresses are on different subnets, one is 192.168.1.0/25, and the other is 192.168.1.128/25. Is the desired result the maximum number of identical leading bits?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if argument is an ip address in bash/sh

Hi all, Can you please suggest a few lines of if statement to check if a variable is an ip address purely in bash/sh? Thanks, Marc (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort and summarize

Hi Guys, I have a file in UNIX with duplicates, I have use sort command as below to delete duplicates based on the KEY positions/columns but now I do not want to "delete" duplicates but summarize by KEY numeric columns. REALLY NEED HELP... URGENT!!! Thanks in advance. sort -k 1.1,1.92... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shotronix
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Project with somewhat simple bourne shell cript..

Right now if I have a file that has the following information (with : as the delimiter) name :address :phone number I need to be able to do the following commands: -n search for a name -p search for a phone number -l search for a last name starting with a particular -c find an... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Generic
17 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to calculate netwrk from IP address and netmask using Bitwise AND in shell script

Hi, I am having two variables IP="10.150.12.1" netmask="255.255.255.0" To get network number, I know that a bitwise & will help. networkno=IP & netmask My code is #!/usr/bin/ksh ip="10.150.12.1" netmask="255.255.255.0" networkno="$ip" & "$netmask" echo $networkno I am... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitanyapn
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xapture Plsql Error from Unix Shell cript

Hi Friends, Need your help . I have a shell script which executes the plsql procedure proc_p1. I want to capture the error message when the procuder throws some error message. I codeed in the following way . But it shows Job Success. Kindly anyone give some better idea to over come this ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imipsita.rath
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculate the day after bash

Hello I would like to help me create a script that: Given a date, more precisely a year, one month and one day. must calculate the day after -Input: Year, Month, Day -Output: Next day the Year-Month-Day thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: karkov
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate the number of days between 2 dates - bash script

I wrote the day calculator also in bash. I would like to now, that is it good so? #!/bin/bash datum1=`date -d "1991/1/1" "+%s"` datum2=`date "+%s"` diff=$(($datum2-$datum1)) days=$(($diff/(60*60*24))) echo $days Thanks in advance for your help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kovacsakos
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to calculate in sun bash

I have two problems, and it would be great if someone could help me: The first line does not calculate. I have checked the origin term to calculate the variables and the result is OK. Normal substactions with $xx -100 work, but not in this constallation. I tried it with "| bc" and no result... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pieter0815
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

IP Address LookUp Bash Script

I am new to bash scripting. I want write a script that reads from the first argument file and run nslookup, then prints out each nslookup. Something like below: File name = ip 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 Bash shell script: nslookup.sh #!/bin/bash for i in $1 do nslookup $i done I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: boldnbeautiful
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to calculate average of all files in directory and output by part of filename

I am trying to use awk to calculate the average of all lines in $2 for every file in a directory. The below bash seems to do that, but I cannot figure out how to capture the string before the _ as the output file name and have it be tab-delimeted. Thank you :). Filenames in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
BASHBUG(1)						      General Commands Manual							BASHBUG(1)

NAME
bashbug - report a bug in bash SYNOPSIS
bashbug [--version] [--help] [email-address] DESCRIPTION
bashbug is a shell script to help the user compose and mail bug reports concerning bash in a standard format. bashbug invokes the editor specified by the environment variable EDITOR on a temporary copy of the bug report format outline. The user must fill in the appropriate fields and exit the editor. bashbug then mails the completed report to bug-bash@gnu.org, or email-address. If the report cannot be mailed, it is saved in the file dead.bashbug in the invoking user's home directory. The bug report format outline consists of several sections. The first section provides information about the machine, operating system, the bash version, and the compilation environment. The second section should be filled in with a description of the bug. The third sec- tion should be a description of how to reproduce the bug. The optional fourth section is for a proposed fix. Fixes are encouraged. ENVIRONMENT
bashbug will utilize the following environment variables if they exist: EDITOR Specifies the preferred editor. If EDITOR is not set, bashbug defaults to emacs. HOME Directory in which the failed bug report is saved if the mail fails. TMPDIR Directory in which to create temporary files and directories. SEE ALSO
bash(1) AUTHORS
Brian Fox, Free Software Foundation bfox@gnu.org Chet Ramey, Case Western Reserve University chet@po.cwru.edu GNU Bash-4.0 1998 July 30 BASHBUG(1)