Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script to loop process
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to loop process Post 302965362 by ust on Wednesday 27th of January 2016 08:49:40 PM
Old 01-27-2016
Script to loop process

As I would like to test the open files usage , I would like to have a process that use the open files up to a certain amount eg. 1000 .

If I want to have a script ( may be run in a loop ) that could repeatly use open files resource , so that the usage of open files increases , may I know how to write such a script ?

or simply

if I would like to have a script run in a loop that repeatly use open files resource , what can I do ?

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop when process running

Hi Gurus, Could you please help me to create a shell script that will be started by a cron job once every night at 24.00 h (that should bee easy:)) The shell script should control every 30 seconds the name of a process, and when the process doesn't run anymore it should execute a few further... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackwire
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to loop all process ids and take pmap

Hi all, I need a script that will loop around all the current processes and take a pmap -x <process id> and output each pmap to a separate file. Would anyone have a quick command to do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to loop this process?

for two txt files, f1 and f2, I like to do the following grep "abcde" f1 > abcde$f1 grep "xyz" f1 > xyz$f1 can I use a loop to get this done? Thanks for i in f1 f2 do grep "abcde" $i > abcde$i grep "xyz" $i > xyz$i ... done (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgreen
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process checking loop

Hi, I want to create a script who will check if the java process is running & if it finds the process is still there it continues to execute & when the process completes it exit from the script. I have written a code to check & notify the process existence but i am not getting how to write... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: d8011
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a loop to process multiple input files by a shell script

I have multiple input files that I want to manipulate using a shell script. The files are called 250.1 through 250.1000 but I only want the script to manipulate 250.300 through 250.1000. Before I was using the following script to manipulate the text files: for i in 250.*; do || awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to process for loop faster

I have the following code running against a file. The file can have upwards of 10000 lines. problem is, the for loop takes a while to go through all those lines. is there a faster way to go about it? for line in `grep -P "${MONTH} ${DAY}," file | ${AWK} -F" " '{print $4}' | awk -F":"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Infinite while loop script shows more than one process

Hi, I have a script which triggers an infinite loop. #!bin/bash trig=`ls /home/trig.tch |wc -l` function callj { some commands... } while do callj & done The number of process after doing a ps -ef |grep Mon.sh returns processes even after the script is killed by deleting the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetan.c
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Question: HowTo Exit Script with User Input While Process is Running Mid-Loop?

Hi, I have written a script that allows me to repetitively play a music file $N times, which is specified through user input. However, if I want to exit the script before it has finished looping $N times, if I use CTRL+c, I have to CTRL+c however many times are left in order to complete the loop.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hilltop_yodeler
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

For loop in process each file

Hi I have following codecd /tmp/test/ for vfile in `ls -1` do for vlink in `ls -l /tmp/testfile/*|bin/grep "local/init\.d/$vfile$"|bin/awk -F"->" '{print($1)}'|bin/awk -F"/" '{print($NF)}'` I know `ls -1` list only file, but I don't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process files in loop which have spaces in name

I have a folder with files and I have to process them in a loop. However the filenames have space characters, so the list get split. $ touch "File Number_1" $ touch "File Number_2" $ ls "/tmp/File Number"_* /tmp/File Number_1 /tmp/File Number_2 I tried following (sorry for using the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wernfried
3 Replies
gnome-open(1)							   User Commands						     gnome-open(1)

NAME
gnome-open - open a file using the appropriate application SYNOPSIS
gnome-open [-h] filename DESCRIPTION
gnome-open opens a file from the command line by launching the appropriate application that is associated with the file mime type. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -h Display usage and help information. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: filename Specifies the name of the file to open. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Opening a Text File in the Home Directory example% gnome-open README.txt ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-open Executable to open a file using the appropriate application ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-libs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. NOTES
Written by Stephen Browne, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 6 Sep 2004 gnome-open(1)