Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Configure mailx in Solaris 10 Post 302964990 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 21st of January 2016 05:30:49 PM
Old 01-21-2016
In Solaris it is probably most easy to define a host alias mailhost for your mail server's IP-addr.
Code:
getent mailhost

should state the IP-addr.
If you use a DNS server, this is the place to define the mailhost.
If you have many Solaris systems, and they use DNS, then they all will send to it.
If you don't use DNS, you can define mailhost in /etc/inet/hosts.
--
As an alternative, you can put the mailserver behind the DS entry in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf with no space, like DSservername.
It might be that servername can be an IP-address, otherwise you need to map one in DNS or /etc/inet/hosts.
After a change in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf you need to restart the service with
Code:
svcadm restart sendmail

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

configure TCP/IP for solaris 8

Hello, I have 4 unix (Solaris 8) stations need to setup on network. what is a easy way and quick to setup TCP/IP so I can bring it online?. Please advise! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phapvn
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to configure mailx command??

Hi, {SunOS} I have this mailx -s command in my script and when the script is run,it throws me this message The flags you gave are used only when sending mail. Usage:mailx -eiIUdFntBNHvV!~ -T FILE -u USER -h hops -r address -s SUBJECT -f FILE users. Can you help me how i can send an... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
9 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

How to configure sendmail in solaris 10

how to configure sendmail in solaris 10 ???? Anyone knows, pls share the documents. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwanathhcl
1 Replies

4. Solaris

how to configure network in solaris 10?

Hi..i have installed solaris 10 on vmware. I m not able connect to internet. pls help in detail. how to solve the problem. During the installation i have put no DHCP. cofigured manually ( Ip 192.168.1.9) default gateway 192.168.1.1 . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnavery
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Configure mailx or sendmail

hi, I would like to configure mailx or sendmail to send out some mails to some users. I tried searching online for the configuration but it was kinda confusing. I thought that posting here might get someone to work with me step by step I tried sending out mail but i did not receive in my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cghcgh
4 Replies

6. Solaris

how to configure IPMP in solaris 9

Hi friends , can anyone provide me the complete steps to configure IPMP in solaris 9 or 10 provided i have two NIC card ? regards jagan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganblore
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configure a domain in Solaris.

People i have 2 solaris 10 A webserver and a mailserver. What i need to do is to send a mail inside de webserver to the domain company In the webserver When i use mailx -v -s Prueba me@gmail.com This is ok and the mail is send. But when i try to send a mail to someone inside de company ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

configure from address in mailx command

Hi, I need to configure customized from address in mailx command. Can you pls tell me the option for configuring from address. Thanks Latika (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: latika
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Mailx help in Solaris

Hi Team, We are with Solaris 10. And presently we are sending mail using the tool mailx -s. Our requirement is we need to send amil with HIGHPRIORITY. SO is there any way to send the mail as HIGHPRIORITY. If not any alternative way instaead of using mailx. Thanks in advance. Regards Bala (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balagj709
7 Replies

10. Solaris

How can i configure AIDE on Solaris 10?

Hi Community, how can i configure AIDE on SPARC solaris 10. My AIDE is running and creating databases. But it's not loading any changes. what changes needs to be done in aide.conf file. Thanks & Regards, Ben (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
0 Replies
SENSIBLE-MDA(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   SENSIBLE-MDA(8)

NAME
sensible-mda - a generic local MDA router for Debian systems SYNOPSIS
sensible-mda from to detail client-addr DESCRIPTION
sensible-mda is used to simplify the installation and configuration of sendmail(8) , or other MTAs for use on Debian systems. With sensi- ble-mda, sendmail can support a plethora of MDAs (procmail, maildrop, deliver, etc.) without having pick any one of them as required. FUNCTION
sensible-mda is called by sendmail as a local mailer when the following exists in sendmail.mc: define(`LOCAL_MAILER_ARGS', `sensible-mda $g $u $h ${client_addr}')dnl sensible-mda will look for the following MDAs (in this order), and pass the mail on to the first SUID MDA found (Or first found MDA, if run w/euid=root): procmail(1), maildrop(1), deliver(8), mail.local(8) OPTIONS
Available command line options are the following: from The sender of this email (sendmail $g variable) to The recipient of this email (sendmail $u variable) detail The detail portion of the recipient userid (sendmail $h variable) - ie: cowboy+sendmail@debian.org client-addr TCP/IP address of the sender (sendmail ${client_addr} variable) Not used (for the nonce) FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.mc sendmail m4 input to generate sendmail.cf /etc/mail/sendmail.cf actual sendmail configuration file (treated as a binary file) SEE ALSO
sendmail(8), procmail(1), maildrop(1), deliver(8), mail.local(8) BUGS
None known so far. AUTHOR
Richard Nelson <cowboy@debian.org> HISTORY
4th Berkeley Distribution October 21 1999 SENSIBLE-MDA(8)